Poor Regent Square- they were all set to begin construction in 2009 then the Great recession happened. Then they strategically decided to table the master plan and start with a stand-alone apartment tower missing out on a decade of boom time in Houston n which this project would have incredibly successful. Then they scale back their master plan and begin construction and then a pandemic throws the retail market into limbo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shasta said:

Poor Regent Square- they were all set to begin construction in 2009 then the Great recession happened. Then they strategically decided to table the master plan and start with a stand-alone apartment tower missing out on a decade of boom time in Houston n which this project would have incredibly successful. Then they scale back their master plan and begin construction and then a pandemic throws the retail market into limbo. 

Maybe the developers  have something like Boston's curse of the Bambino or Chicago's curse of the billy goat. The good news, though not an expert on curses or hexes, those two curses had an expiration date. Perhaps this one does also.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, shasta said:

Not really. I mean looking at the brochure, they still have plans for block A and block C. I believe block D is the existing tower. And block B is what they’re building at the moment. The architecture changed but I think the overall scope is the same. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, shasta said:

Wouldn’t it be kind of a good thing to be under construction during a downturn?  If you anticipate that the market is recovering when this project delivers (in two years or so), their timing may be perfect.  Or am I missing something?

• Like 7

Does someone have a rendering of what is being constructed now vs. the additional phases to be built out later?

Does that master plan exist?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, shasta said:

Does someone have a rendering of what is being constructed now vs. the additional phases to be built out later?

Go to their website

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shasta said:

Here is something I post in this thread last Fall I think? For those who don't want to go back several pages in the thread.

Did some quick photoshop during my break of both Hanover and GID put together.

Existing Conditions:

1tAg3ph.jpg

Full Build Out of both Develepments:

XlfMFQq.jpg

Now that is pretty incredible when you see the whole picture like this.

There you go. This is still the most updated plan. Hanover Square is what you see to the West.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luminare said:

Here is something I post in this thread last Fall I think? For those who don't want to go back several pages in the thread.

There you go. This is still the most updated plan. Hanover Square is what you see to the West.

We already know Hanover isn't playing games. I want to see Regent Square parcel A developed. That would be such a nice entry way from the bayou

• Like 2