Museo Institute For The Medical Arts In The Museum District

Urbannizer

I hope they are placing the glass on the office portions so that they can do the interiors, this sign on the parking garage makes me wonder if they are going to cover the parking areas too. Maybe it will be lit up and be visible through the glass.

Oqx44Ff.jpg

4HzvBuQ.jpg

UceBIhq.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, hindesky said:

If you look closely at this render it shows the garage portion being clad with a screen like covering. I think this will be the way they go.

r94Xs3p.jpg

Still a chance to do some fun things with color. They’ve got multiple colors with the glass already. I hope they commit to that. Maybe some peacock blue. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Telemachos said:

The statue of Nike of Samothrace was installed at the lobby. It is one of the most celebrated sculptures in the world and a fine example of the late Hellenistic period. The Louvre provided the 4D file for the statue to be sculpted in Greece and was intended to be placed at the Sanctuary of Gods in the island of Samothrace. It represents Goddess Nike landing on the prow of a ship in a fierce headwind. It is 13’ high and weighs 24 tons. 

3B009E6D-45F7-48DB-9690-7D17DBA5ECED.jpeg

8C4D258B-F476-4C21-B0D3-E0C093B3E0FA.jpeg

Hate to sound like Arthur asking about the moose, but where is the head?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Texasota said:

I mean. Maybe pay a local artist to do something unique rather than paying who knows how much for something that's just a copy?

At least patrons/patients visiting for their medical needs will know exactly where their co-pays & out of pocket medical expenses are going.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Given the amount of money that thing cost, and how expensive it looks, there is no way in hell that garage stays as it is. But, there has been a slowing down on the construction a bit on the weekends/the construction people are less visible, so either they are doing wiring inside or the construction crew has slowed down for whatever reason (prolly vacation, seems like everyone is taking vacation now).

It is a bit interesting to hear the MPNA people whine about the noise (particularly music) coming from the site, I'm like...who lives near enough to this that they could hear anything? We all know the Mond is empty 😝

• Like 5

I’ve gotta say I am hoping the screens for the open parking garage some how pull this one together.  I think the contrast between the green and blue glass is just too much.  Also, the designers should have worked to get a softer transition between the vision panels and the opaque panels in the curtain wall system.  But hey, it ain’t my money!

This does however look like something that belongs in Memorial City and not in/around the Museum District.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Any word on who the tenants will be? 

2 so far, Mann Eye Clinic on the top floor and Texas Laparoscopic Consultants on the 9th.

https://www.connectcre.com/stories/museo-mob-tops-out-with-the-promise-of-more-tenants/

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/High-style-Museo-medical-office-building-tops-out-16123467.php

https://www.museohouston.com

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/7/2021 at 3:56 PM, houstontexasjack said:

I’ll reserve final judgment until the project is completed, but those screens look like glorified bug screens. 

It's disenchanting. I'm nervous about the rest of the project. The Museum District is was the one area left that was sacred and safe from bright, cheap, tacky towers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HNathoo said:

I understand why they're replacing glass with screens on the garage, but was hoping this would be a vanity project for the owner/user that disregarded economics.

Vanity is the problem. I think the owner blew all his money on that winged statue.

He is also a little delusional and once described this building as "timeless." Like anything with five floors of parking is instantly disqualified from that category, let alone five floors of parking covered by mesh strainers.

• Like 3