12 hours ago, hindesky said:

Looks like electrical company bucket trucks from North Houston Pole based on the logo on their trucks. They do high voltage power line work.

https://www.quantaservices.com/entities/north-houston-pole-line/ 

I've worked with them a lot. They doing all the work for CenterPoint. Probably rerouting or raising power lines ahead of construction. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Houstonian4Life said:

They had the intersection of Clinton & Jensen closed this afternoon.  Wonder if it has to with east River?

Cigna Sunday Streets was going on at parts of Jensen and mostly Navigation. I rode my bike just before it was about to start.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, JBTX said:

Do we know if these are supposed to be "aesthetic" pillars, or structural?

At this stage in the project I would assume they are structural. They’ve been steadily banging the pillars further into the ground over the last few weeks, probably to help reinforce the land at the edge of the bayou to help protect against subsidence or washout. I can hear the sound fairly clearly about 0.75 miles away, it was kind of creepy until I found out what it was.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 1:56 PM, ljchou said:

The East End District is really lawyering the wording of whether East River will happen. "Could be home to", etc. What's the likelihood this doesn't get approved?

https://www.eastenddistrict.com/multi-million-dollar-investments-in-east-end-houston-break-ground/

I think at this point too much work is in progress to feel as though this will be stalled. They’re moving forward at a solid pace and doing a lot of work prepping the land. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 3

The East End Management District doesn’t speak for Midway. So, naturally they can not commit to what’s going on with Midway’s developing plan and probably know as much as we do. What we do know is that Midway is already investing a ton of money on infrastructural, improvements, including new grade improvements, new sewers, power line realignment and bulkhead stabilization. I believe that it is irrational to believe that this project is stalling. 

I’m not buying into the hysteria, that mixed income housing being discussed for the area, will have any significant impact on Midway’s plans. 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Naviguessor said:

I’m not buying into the hysteria, that mixed income housing being discussed for the area, will have any significant impact on Midway’s plans. 

Same here. Especially when you consider that one of the alleged low-income housing sites is in a superfund site. Can you imagine the press that would get? Not only are you putting low-income housing in a superfund site, you would be putting low-income housing in a superfund site right across from Midway's "Very-clearly-not-low-income-housing."

Yeah, I'm not buying into the hysteria.

• Like 4

If this is not happening someone needs to tell the developers who have pretty much cleared  the property. My wife and I drove the perimeter this weekend and for one it is huge. 

I was surprised how much has been built in the last 2 years around the silos and the adjoining properties. It's pretty remarkable when you consider that this area was  

mostly vacant land until this most recent boom. They seem to be working on infrastructure and site work. Its a remarkable tract of land with so much potential and its a 3 wood to Minute Maid!😁

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

This project looks so good. I love the way they are integrating the development with the bayou.

I'm curious though. Will they build phase 1, all at once or will they simply build one building after another.

I would think they would want to build out the whole first phase at the same time so there would be a sense of community and public space right off the bat.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Montrose1100 said:

Cool video and all, but I didn't see any plans for a Total Wine or HEB Market. NEXT! /s

I've said it before but I sincerely hope for the City to repair Jensen and to build an underpass on Waco/Hirsch at the tracks.

Repair Jensen is an absolute must. It's a rough drive at the moment.

Agreed on HEB for sure. Maybe soon! Hard pass on total wine though. Specs all the way 😍

• Like 2