"Dr. Dave Creech of SFA Gardens, Nacogdoches, Texas in cooperation with Dr. Yin Yunlong and the Taxodium Breeding and Improvement Program at Nanjing Botanical Gardens in China have developed and selected this highly improved kneeless Cypress that was bred from controlled crosses of the Montezuma Cypress, Taxodium distichum var. mexicana, and the Bald Cypress, Taxodium distichum var. distichum.

LaNana Cypress, a.k.a 'T406', has proven to be the most popular of the resultant clones and has been trialed across much of the southern US."

https://www.almostedenplants.com/shopping/products/c217-trees/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I noticed that there seems to be plenty of street-level and garage parking for cars. I do not seem to see parking for bikes. Maybe I missed something in the photos or when riding through the property. Seems odd to be located right off a bike path and not have racks for bike parking.

Hoping the developer is working with METRO to reduce headways on route 30, which would connect East River with Downtown and the Heights for those who choose not to drive. Other neighborhoods would need to transfer via light rail or other routes. Current headway on route 30 is 50 minutes, which doesn't seem optimal when making plans. The guidebooks shows a proposed streetcar into East Downtown, which would essentially connect East River with the recently announced East Blocks development. I hope that becomes a reality as well. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Erik Asuncion said:

I noticed that there seems to be plenty of street-level and garage parking for cars. I do not seem to see parking for bikes. Maybe I missed something in the photos or when riding through the property. Seems odd to be located right off a bike path and not have racks for bike parking.

Hoping the developer is working with METRO to reduce headways on route 30, which would connect East River with Downtown and the Heights for those who choose not to drive. Other neighborhoods would need to transfer via light rail or other routes. Current headway on route 30 is 50 minutes, which doesn't seem optimal when making plans. The guidebooks shows a proposed streetcar into East Downtown, which would essentially connect East River with the recently announced East Blocks development. I hope that becomes a reality as well. 

I think chances of plenty of good bike parking are pretty good.

I think chances of increased frequency on the #11 and #30 buses are okay at best.

I think chances of an EaDo-2W-5W streetcar are basically nil, as cool as that would be.

On 1/8/2024 at 9:49 AM, steve1363 said:

@hindesky love the foliage.   Any idea what type trees these are? 

ymkHIGG.jpg.83a56d29060e03affa62b826f7bfafa7.jpg

Ordinary bald cypress on the left, pond cypress on the right. 

There are literally dozens of bike racks sprinkled across the new streets and trail system. 

• Like 4

Just now, IntheKnowHouston said:

Plan reviewing fee permit and plan review permit for 2810 Riverby Rd were filed in late 2023. The permits are for a pool pavilion at The Laura in the East River mixed-use development.

Plan reviewing fee

hDsDUYi.png

Plan review

fJYHcHT.png

Several permits were filed yesterday for 2810 Riverby Rd Canopy 1:

• Structural permit
  • Flood Single Family Residential permit
  • Development review

The permits are for a pool pavilion at The Laura in the East River mixed-use development.

Structural permit

Z7aNuS4.png

Flood Single Family Residential permit

0BBCOUG.png

Development review

GiIoAvX.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, 004n063 said:

Since we probably all need a break from the Whitmire doomscrolling, some thoughts on East River:

Yeah, none of it is open. Yeah, every merchant there will be too expensive for most of the closest current residents (or my own midtown self) to frequent. 

But here's the thing - I have never, in my entire life, seen an unfinished construction project as open to the public as this (of course, I've never been to the Sagrada Familia). I saw at least ten other people there during my tenish minutes there this afternoon.

Was that you on the motorbike? I drove by there around 4 and saw someone touring. .

My first time there since it was a just cleared field and they've really transformed it. 

Edited by Yonkers

29 minutes ago, Yonkers said:

Was that you on the motorbike? I drove by there around 4 and saw someone touring. .

My first time there since it was a just cleared field and they've really transformed it. 

Nah, I was on my good ol' acoustic bike

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^^^ my goodness, these prospective additions (phase II) to this dynamic EAST RIVER development seem a bit overly ambitious.  let's hope that this comes to fruition... WOW!  

• Like 4