GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

That color rendition, which I take is looking Southwest, shows the Hilton towards the east. But there also is a parking garage, right across the pavilions, on the next block on main. Is that garage allready there? Or is it to be built? I thought the whole pavilions takes up 3 blocks in a row east of main. The rendition also shows some pretty tall towers in the background, somewhere in the vicinity of St. Josephs but across the pierce elevated. I'm pretty sure those towers dont exist.

Also, those white towers right behind the pavilions...I dont remember those. I thought the only thing of that magnitude in that area is Houston House Apatments.

Maybe my bearings are all wrong here.

Edited by 2112

That color rendition, which I take is looking Southwest, shows the Hilton towards the east. But there also is a parking garage, right across the pavilions, on the next block on main. Is that garage allready there? Or is it to be built? I thought the whole pavilions takes up 3 blocks in a row east of main. The rendition also shows some pretty tall towers in the background, somewhere in the vicinity of St. Josephs but across the pierce elevated. I'm pretty sure those towers dont exist.

Also, those white towers right behind the pavilions...I dont remember those. I thought the only thing of that magnitude in that area is Houston House Apatments.

Don't worry. I got confused when I first saw some of the renderings as well. Check out where Toyota Center is located in this one...

ar-NightAerial.jpg

No big deal. Only thing to remember is the design concept, and the fact that it starts on Main Street.

The parking garage already exists. The developers of the Houston Pavilions have leased it for use as part of the Houston Pavilions. As shown in the renderings, there will be a skywalk connecting it to the Pavilions. The tall tower across the street to the south also exists. I don't recall its name, but it is definitely there.

Okay, now I see the rendering you're talking about. They have definitely taken some liberties with the heights of those towers in the distance to the south.

The parking garage already exists. The developers of the Houston Pavilions have leased it for use as part of the Houston Pavilions. As shown in the renderings, there will be a skywalk connecting it to the Pavilions. The tall tower across the street to the south also exists. I don't recall its name, but it is definitely there.

Okay, now I see the rendering you're talking about. They have definitely taken some liberties with the heights of those towers in the distance to the south.

This project was supposed to b seven blocks before it was scaled down. If you visit and read the description of the project on the website for the architect firm that designed the project it is discribed as a much larger development.

Edited by eelimon

This project was supposed to b seven blocks before it was scaled down. If you visit and read the description of the project on the website for the architect firm that designed the project it is discribed as a much larger development.

That was actually a different project being worked on by Crescent Real Estate and Entertainment Development Group. It would have been called Pavilions at Houston Center. It would have been to the east of the Shops at Houston Center, on land that Crescent has since sold (at least they have sold most of it...) The proposal was very preliminary and (if I may state the obvious) never went any where. One of the renderings earlier in this thread was actually from that proposal, not the Houston Pavilions project which is actually coming to fruition. And Houston Pavilions has a totally different team of architects.

That was actually a different project being worked on by Crescent Real Estate and Entertainment Development Group. It would have been called Pavilions at Houston Center. It would have been to the east of the Shops at Houston Center, on land that Crescent has since sold (at least they have sold most of it...) The proposal was very preliminary and (if I may state the obvious) never went any where. One of the renderings earlier in this thread was actually from that proposal, not the Houston Pavilions project which is actually coming to fruition. And Houston Pavilions has a totally different team of architects.

Intresting so what we thought was going up was never going to happen but we still got somthing cool like this. nice!

-_- are we on page 23 yet?

The white building you see is 1301 Fannin. Assuming that is the one you are speaking of.

Also I just scanned through the last couple pages, but has groundbreaking occured? Or was that only for the House of Blues?

The white building you see is 1301 Fannin. Assuming that is the one you are speaking of.

Also I just scanned through the last couple pages, but has groundbreaking occured? Or was that only for the House of Blues?

I don't believe ANY groundbreaking has occurred. When they announced the project/House of Blues, I believe they said groundbreaking would be in May.

I don't believe ANY groundbreaking has occurred. When they announced the project/House of Blues, I believe they said groundbreaking would be in May.

But they are currently working on something on the land in question. I would belive if this is not a groundbreaking then the city is getting the area ready to be worked on?

I see someone running a red light in the pic! ;)

seriously though, how come all the renderings are always showing sunny days. Let's show a little clouds and rainy weather. Its like looking at car commericals. They are always driving over rocks and mountains. How about some stuck in traffic, idling, and doing big city driving! :P

But they are currently working on something on the land in question. I would belive if this is not a groundbreaking then the city is getting the area ready to be worked on?

So far the blocks in question are still parking lots. I had the opportunity to go by the area today. What IS interesting though is that the METRO maps along the rail line show the three blocks as a commerical project that is already completed. Maybe they can forsee the future?

I see someone running a red light in the pic! ;)

seriously though, how come all the renderings are always showing sunny days. Let's show a little clouds and rainy weather. Its like looking at car commericals. They are always driving over rocks and mountains. How about some stuck in traffic, idling, and doing big city driving! :P

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

seriously though, how come all the renderings are always showing sunny days. Let's show a little clouds and rainy weather. Its like looking at car commericals. They are always driving over rocks and mountains. How about some stuck in traffic, idling, and doing big city driving! tongue.gif

lol. also, the light rail train, not only does it look like MetroRail, it doesnt even look like a light rail train. It looks like a Locomotive and a Windowless baggage car or something...

So far the blocks in question are still parking lots. I had the opportunity to go by the area today. What IS interesting though is that the METRO maps along the rail line show the three blocks as a commerical project that is already completed. Maybe they can forsee the future?

I drive by the area about four times a week. they are working on some thing they are digging I don't know if it is the construction crew or the city preparing the land

ok well all i have to say is i didnt hear crap about this until today from you guys, and let me say this is a HUUUUUGE step in the right direction for downtown, its bout time the city started thinking straight, i mean the place is gonna have a HOUSE OF BLUES, if that aint houston then what is, im ecstatic about this, and to top it off its not a bunch of bull, its in progress, its got a houston name, not some trying to be something we are not sorta name, Houston Pavillions is all houston all the way, wow im impresed big time, but is this supposed to tie in with Houston House and that new clothing store? oh and anyone got some pics of the current status of the construction, that would be awesome!!!!