interesting location for a development such as this. IMO a mall just doesn't provide the right atmosphere.

The Mall of America has a great aquarium.

So does the West Edmonton Mall (is it still the world's largest mall?)

The Dubai Aquarium is currently being constructed inside the also being constructed Dubai Mall.

In addition, I've seen at least two aquariums that were house at or near the tops of skyscrapers in Tokyo which also contained offices, and shopping malls.

I think the idea is to bring the aquarium to the people, instead of making them slog out to your patch of land.

I think the whole area right there is turning into the 4th downtown. Downtown, Uptown, Medical Center and now this area. Wonder what they will nickname it? Since Town Centre just describes that one devlopment some other phrase will be needed to describe that whole area of Gessner to the Beltway. Town West?

I love that the one they are building in NY is located in FISHKILL NY....... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The Mall of America has a great aquarium.

So does the West Edmonton Mall (is it still the world's largest mall?)

The Dubai Aquarium is currently being constructed inside the also being constructed Dubai Mall.

In addition, I've seen at least two aquariums that were house at or near the tops of skyscrapers in Tokyo which also contained offices, and shopping malls.

I think the idea is to bring the aquarium to the people, instead of making them slog out to your patch of land.

guess i'm a little leery on the quality of the place. if something is great i don't think a mall would be the best place to showcase it. if they want to do a fertitta fest, then a mall would be a perfect place.

Nope.

Here's some news on Roger Clemen's new Sports Grill at Memorial City Mall as well as news of what will go into the old Mervin's site:

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...7627600^1395852

So, what happened to this joke of a restaurant???

Roger Clemens' Rocket Sports Grill

I love that the one they are building in NY is located in FISHKILL NY....... :rolleyes:
Hey! I used to work in Fishkill!
Oh plesae dont' go there! Enough nicknames and SAA (silly arse acronyms).How about calling it what it is? Memorial City!
Mrs. Paul's Memorial Home For Battered Shrimp.It can be a rehab facility for crustaceans.

He had enough sense to realize it was a bad business move after he dissed his Houston fans and bolted to the comforts ($$$) of NYC.

Then why issue a press release and such if nothing is firm?

Glad he left, we don't need wishy washy people in Houston announcing stuff and then cancelling it.

• Like 1

Isn't all the area around and on the Memorial City property redeveloping? This isn't a mall aquarium. I think it's part of the larger vision for the mixed use development of MC. There will be highrise residential, office, medical, new open-air retail, restaurants and plazas. I think the vision is to try to integrate the streets into the surrounding area, too, so it's not just a shopping center in a parking lot, like so many "town(e) cent(re)s" are these days. I think the developers have their sights set on a mini Uptown.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

so ive been searching through this forum looking for proof that I'm not crazy, but can't find what Im looking for. Ok Memorial City Mall used to have a really big play place above where the food court is now... this would have been early 90s before it went downhill then revived... no not exhilarama or whatever.. before that. Im only 18 and me and some friends were talking about childhood and I mentioned this and they basicly think im insane.

I was in the mall today and the Rocket Sports Grill looks like it will be open soon. The TV's are installed and the framed jerseys are on the walls. It's on the west side of the mall between Old Navy and the entrance to the Cinemark. With Roger returning to the Yankees and all the steroid news, I'm somewhat surprised this is going ahead. I didn't actually see any mention to Roger on the signs, it's just "Rocket" now.

I wonder if they will have HGH on the menu? :)

I wonder if Roger will be allowing 11 year old kids to take his picture.

Yeah right.. After the ribbon cutting you'll never see him in there again. He'll probably only go back there to use it to host private functions.

Ultimately however, it will go belly-up a la Planet Hollywood and become some other token chain restaurant, probably in a buy/bail-out from Landry's no less.

Edited by Jeebus
  • Like 1

Anyone know if this 11-story residential mid-rise is part of the development talked in this thread? I never remember us talking about it.

http://www.memorialcityliving.com/location.htm

Memorial City Living will be located west of the Gaylord Drive and Bunker Hill intersection. Planning includes an 11-story building comprised of 5 floors of garage space and 6 floors of living space.
Edited by lockmat
  • Like 1

so ive been searching through this forum looking for proof that I'm not crazy, but can't find what Im looking for. Ok Memorial City Mall used to have a really big play place above where the food court is now... this would have been early 90s before it went downhill then revived... no not exhilarama or whatever.. before that. Im only 18 and me and some friends were talking about childhood and I mentioned this and they basicly think im insane.

Jungle Jims

• 2 months later...