Camden Conte: Multifamily At 1515 Austin St.

Urbannizer

Definitely agree with kbates2 about how it will change the feel. We had a property in Midtown that had no more than a handful of AirBNB units and the residents weren’t pleased. The ABNB people would treat it like a hotel, no cares, since they would be in and out. I’m surprised they released so many units to them as well. Only thing that makes sense is they will be generating income right away and won’t take as long to stabilize. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ErickEdgar said:

Definitely agree with kbates2 about how it will change the feel. We had a property in Midtown that had no more than a handful of AirBNB units and the residents weren’t pleased. The ABNB people would treat it like a hotel, no cares, since they would be in and out. I’m surprised they released so many units to them as well. Only thing that makes sense is they will be generating income right away and won’t take as long to stabilize. 

Very worthwhile concern. If they are smart they will restrict this a few floors and thats it. Not exactly a good idea to intermix the two. I haven't exactly experienced this before, but after spending extended time in hostels before. It can be a bit destablizing when there is a consistent overturn of people day in and day out. I can imagine that woudl destablizing in what one would like a residential environment to be.

• Like 2

Even restricted to one floor, if the lobby and security isn't setup for it from day one it can be pretty bad.  Skyhouse has the 16th floor totally dedicated to short term rentals, but the concierge has to let them up to get in.  This means they aren't at the front desk as much, which causes a cascading effect of issues.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cspwal said:

Even restricted to one floor, if the lobby and security isn't setup for it from day one it can be pretty bad.  Skyhouse has the 16th floor totally dedicated to short term rentals, but the concierge has to let them up to get in.  This means they aren't at the front desk as much, which causes a cascading effect of issues.

I'm guessing this is why La Colombre is doing two separate lobbies for this. At least thats what I remember right?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

All Lanes Closed – Multiple Blocks:
Friday, June 28 (Midnight) - Monday, July 1 (5 am)
Complete closure of the following blocks to allow for crane dismantlement and removal:
  • 1300 - 1400 blocks of Bell (between La Branch & Caroline)
  • 1300 - 1400 blocks of Leeland (between Caroline & La Branch)
  • 1400 - 1800 blocks of Austin (between St. Joseph Pkwy & Clay)

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Blurb in the downtown district's Sept board book:

Downtown’s residential submarket continues to have a strong occupancy rate of 90.5%, up 30 basis points over July and monthly rents increased $0.28-SF to $2.31-SF per month, outpacing the Houston regional average of $1.29-SF. There are currently three residential properties under construction containing 873 units, the first expected to be completed is the Camden Downtown (271 units), located at 1515 Austin and scheduled for delivery in April 2020

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...