Sign in to follow this  
lockmat

Hermann Park Centennial Gardens getting a Makeover

plumber2    184

Are they finally going to remove the statue of that swindler Stanford from the rose garden?

jt16    132

We have very few affordable golf courses in town as it is. How about a better course

• Like 2

WestUdweller    123

We have very few affordable golf courses in town as it is. How about a better course

THIS.  Roommate and I took a trip up to Dallas recently.  The municipal/public courses up there are leaps and bounds better than what Houston has to offer.  Herman really needs to get it together.  It could be a great inner loop course... See memorial park. 

nate    183

Beginning this week, the entire site, save for the existing parking lot, has been fenced and clearing work has begun.  I assume they will not close the existing parking lot until the new lot is built?

Unfortunately, have cleared a lot of old trees.

post-1190-0-85714600-1381412672_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Triton    8850

Wow this took forever to find and I was the last one to post here too.

304VYQs.jpg?1

• Like 1

Houston19514    2212

Is that gonna be a permanent fixture?

That pagoda was in the garden area that is being re-done into Centennial Gardens.  They are moving it out of there as part of the redo.  Not sure where it is going to end up.

• Like 1

Jax    627

That pyramid thing is interesting. I wonder if it'll have an interesting view on top. This city is so flat that even a little hill can make a cool vantage point for photography.

• Like 1

Triton    8850

The Miller Outdoor theatre hill has a great view all around. This one may be a little smaller. It's hard to tell now.

Moore713    297

I think I read they hope it becomes a really popular site for weddings so you can't have it too high just high enough for the bride and groom to be the focus point

Naviguessor    1213

I just saw it yesterday. The mount is much higher than 15 feet. Think 20 to 25 feet. The long berm along the parking lot/south side is about that high. Weddings on the spirilling mount? That'd be a long procession. The couple would look like the figures on top of the Wedding Cake, however.

• Like 2