Third Coast Seafood At 2412 Washington Ave.

houstonray

took the words right out of my mouth. i don't know what's worse, honestly: being right next to the railroad tracks or having your bedroom window face the center street recycling deal...

If those are the same townhouses I'm thinking of, roughly right across the boulevard from Hickory Hollow, they are closer to two feet than ten feet from the tracks. And around $300K if I recall correctly. Insanity!

Mack Tripper wins the thread. :lol:

Agreed!! OMG I almost fell out of my chair laughing! :lol:

If those are the same townhouses I'm thinking of, roughly right across the boulevard from Hickory Hollow, they are closer to two feet than ten feet from the tracks. And around $300K if I recall correctly. Insanity!

yeah, and their sign boasts affordable inner loop living, as if living on the tracks and next to the recycling center is the only way you can afford to live in the loop for under $2350k. only the douchebags from Reign would buy that.

True. But JoJos was something else entirely, it was like fern bar meets Denny's. On Saturdays people would wait an hour for a table at 2:00 am. Imagine a slightly cleaner and better decorated I-Hop filled to the gills with drunk party people. I think it was the only place I've seen people doing lines in the bathroom while waiting for their order of pancakes and bacon to come out.

Houst of Pies, Charlie's, the Denny's on I-45 south ...

Oh wait, that was just me doing lines. Probably doesn't count.

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't get a picture of the side facing Washington (Swamplot has one here, though), but the butterflied second story is coming along...

pigstand_022809.jpg

thanks for the pic, sev. that is looking much better than i anticipated. not that the building was an architectural model or anything, but considering the amount of waste tearing down generates, i am happy to see the shell of the pig stand spared from the dumpster.

yeah, and their sign boasts affordable inner loop living, as if living on the tracks and next to the recycling center is the only way you can afford to live in the loop for under $2350k. only the douchebags from Reign would buy that.

Oh no, they're all $30K millionaires. I think most of them live "by the Galleria," which I believe in many cases is "home at Mommy's."

I drive past this a few times a week on my way home/errands/etc., and I hate the butterfly effect on the top level. It SCREAMS "come hang out at me douche bags!" However, it will likely be packed all the time. If it's the same owners as Drake, all their regulars will surely head here during the day, then Drake at night. And the line for Drake is packed at all times, which completely turns me off. I'm not a fan of the see and be seen bars.

Edited by ashleybear

Oh no, they're all $30K millionaires. I think most of them live "by the Galleria," which I believe in many cases is "home at Mommy's."
I hate the butterfly effect on the top level. It SCREAMS "come hang out at me douche bags!"

the bitterness is strong in this one :)

I get sick of the affliction crowd as much as anyone but I won't mind having a decent sports bar in the area.

I drive past this a few times a week on my way home/errands/etc., and I hate the butterfly effect on the top level. It SCREAMS "come hang out at me douche bags!" However, it will likely be packed all the time. If it's the same owners as Drake, all their regulars will surely head here during the day, then Drake at night. And the line for Drake is packed at all times, which completely turns me off. I'm not a fan of the see and be seen bars.

my quote was referrign to those stupid townhomes on the rr tracks, not the people who go to reign. lol.

you know, i just drove by the other day and don't like the view from the front as much as i do from the side. still, i agree a real sports bar (if that's what it turns out to be) will be welcome, esp vs another 'club.'

yep... they all live by the galleria.. in some old ass condos that are now for rent. OR they live in pearland. that is why they park their big ass trucks and block my driveway. sorry about all the ass in this comment.. ive had a few beverages. btw haifers who do I need to call to get someone to tow a car that is blocking my driveway?

• 1 year later...

Please do not visit Sawyer Park Sports Bar - Washington Corridor. I am ashamed that this place is in our neighborhood and calls itself a Sports Bar!!! (what a lie).

This evening I asked some friends to join me at the bar to watch the basketball finals (game 7 - Celtics vs Lakers). I was dressed in basketball shorts, shirt with sleeves and running shoes. The unfriendly guy (Brooks was his name) at the door would not allow me in to the Sports Bar!!!! because I was dressed in sports attire. That is exactly what he said. You have got to be kidding me.

Truthfully I am glad that he did not allow me in as I would not want to be in a place that as hypocritical as that.

No wonder I love the Red Lion pub of Shepherd; have been going there since 2003 and I go there in formals, sports outfit, after Christmas parties, weddings, to watch Soccer games, etc. etc, and they always greet you with a smile, a cool beer and great food.

I hope the bars of Washington do not become like the experience I had today at Sawyer Pub. It will truly be sad for our neighborhood. I am glad to see people/commercial places do well, but it hurts to see that they are a facade with no real substance within.

Please spread this request. Thanks.

But if you let one guy in basketball shorts in, you have to let all guys in basketballs shorts in. Besides, based on the beer price alone, that place is clearly a sports bar for yuppies and uppities.

Bring back the Pigstand.

• Like 3

Please do not visit Sawyer Park Sports Bar - Washington Corridor. I am ashamed that this place is in the Heights neighborhood and calls itself a Sports Bar!!! (what a lie).

This evening I asked some friends to join me at the bar to watch the basketball finals (game 7 - Celtics vs Lakers). I was dressed in basketball shorts, shirt with sleeves and running shoes. The unfriendly guy (Brooks was his name) at the door would not allow me in to the Sports Bar!!!! because I was dressed in sports attire. That is exactly what he said. You have got to be kidding me.

Truthfully I am glad that he did not allow me in as I would not want to be in a place that is as hypocritical as that.

I hope the bars of Washington do not become like the experience I had today at Sawyer Park. I am glad to see people/commercial places do well, but it hurts to see that they are a facade with no real substance within.

Please spread this request. Thanks.

I went there once for a business function. The upstairs patio has a stellar view, but despite that, it's still not enough to ever make me drink there on my own tab. If a bar employs people to park its patron's cars, it's pretty much not geared towards the chill set. That should have been your first indication that you might prefer some place like Griff's, which most assuredly does not have a dress code.

Sadly, this kind of behavior is not isolated to just Sawyer Heights Bar... many places on Washington are getting like this.

And don't get me started on forced Valet parking. I'm not above getting out of my car, throwing their 'reserved cones' out of the way, and parking my own vehicle thankyouverymuch :rolleyes:

Besides, based on the beer price alone, that place is clearly a sports bar for yuppies and uppities.

I believe I used slightly more colorful terms in reference to its patrons when I happened to drive by there last weekend, but I'll refrain from repeating them here, as they'd no doubt be "delicate flower"ed.

Bring back the Pigstand.

+1. That location has been dead to me since the Pig Stand closed, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

• Like 1

But if you let one guy in basketball shorts in, you have to let all guys in basketballs shorts in. Besides, based on the beer price alone, that place is clearly a sports bar for yuppies and uppities.

Bring back the Pigstand.

A dbag sports bar! Woo! I guess they're not hurting for business since they can turn people away.

I've never really had an inclination to go to this place.. Porch Swing pub down the street has a couple'o TVs and has always been a nice hangout..

• Like 2

Your experience is exactly why I avoid Washington at all costs. Don't worry, the scene will eventually move and the bars will get more normal. Either that or they'll build another self storage across the street to block the view and the place will quickly lose its only asset.