Third Coast Seafood At 2412 Washington Ave.

houstonray

took the words right out of my mouth. i don't know what's worse, honestly: being right next to the railroad tracks or having your bedroom window face the center street recycling deal...

If those are the same townhouses I'm thinking of, roughly right across the boulevard from Hickory Hollow, they are closer to two feet than ten feet from the tracks. And around $300K if I recall correctly. Insanity!

Mack Tripper wins the thread. :lol:

Agreed!! OMG I almost fell out of my chair laughing! :lol:

If those are the same townhouses I'm thinking of, roughly right across the boulevard from Hickory Hollow, they are closer to two feet than ten feet from the tracks. And around $300K if I recall correctly. Insanity!

yeah, and their sign boasts affordable inner loop living, as if living on the tracks and next to the recycling center is the only way you can afford to live in the loop for under $2350k. only the douchebags from Reign would buy that.

True. But JoJos was something else entirely, it was like fern bar meets Denny's. On Saturdays people would wait an hour for a table at 2:00 am. Imagine a slightly cleaner and better decorated I-Hop filled to the gills with drunk party people. I think it was the only place I've seen people doing lines in the bathroom while waiting for their order of pancakes and bacon to come out.

Houst of Pies, Charlie's, the Denny's on I-45 south ...

Oh wait, that was just me doing lines. Probably doesn't count.

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't get a picture of the side facing Washington (Swamplot has one here, though), but the butterflied second story is coming along...

pigstand_022809.jpg

thanks for the pic, sev. that is looking much better than i anticipated. not that the building was an architectural model or anything, but considering the amount of waste tearing down generates, i am happy to see the shell of the pig stand spared from the dumpster.

yeah, and their sign boasts affordable inner loop living, as if living on the tracks and next to the recycling center is the only way you can afford to live in the loop for under $2350k. only the douchebags from Reign would buy that.

Oh no, they're all $30K millionaires. I think most of them live "by the Galleria," which I believe in many cases is "home at Mommy's."

I drive past this a few times a week on my way home/errands/etc., and I hate the butterfly effect on the top level. It SCREAMS "come hang out at me douche bags!" However, it will likely be packed all the time. If it's the same owners as Drake, all their regulars will surely head here during the day, then Drake at night. And the line for Drake is packed at all times, which completely turns me off. I'm not a fan of the see and be seen bars.

Edited by ashleybear

Oh no, they're all $30K millionaires. I think most of them live "by the Galleria," which I believe in many cases is "home at Mommy's."
I hate the butterfly effect on the top level. It SCREAMS "come hang out at me douche bags!"

the bitterness is strong in this one :)

I get sick of the affliction crowd as much as anyone but I won't mind having a decent sports bar in the area.

I drive past this a few times a week on my way home/errands/etc., and I hate the butterfly effect on the top level. It SCREAMS "come hang out at me douche bags!" However, it will likely be packed all the time. If it's the same owners as Drake, all their regulars will surely head here during the day, then Drake at night. And the line for Drake is packed at all times, which completely turns me off. I'm not a fan of the see and be seen bars.

my quote was referrign to those stupid townhomes on the rr tracks, not the people who go to reign. lol.

you know, i just drove by the other day and don't like the view from the front as much as i do from the side. still, i agree a real sports bar (if that's what it turns out to be) will be welcome, esp vs another 'club.'

yep... they all live by the galleria.. in some old ass condos that are now for rent. OR they live in pearland. that is why they park their big ass trucks and block my driveway. sorry about all the ass in this comment.. ive had a few beverages. btw haifers who do I need to call to get someone to tow a car that is blocking my driveway?

• 6 years later...

Social Junkie was hot in the beginning with young black crowds but the amount of traffic to there has been down considerably.

The Washington corridor seems to be going towards more restaurants and retail, and less of a nightlife crowd. Midtown and downtown are those hotspots right now.

• Like 1

Bring back the Pig Stand.

The shelf life for these clubs is about 3-4 years.  They print money when they open if they can establish themselves as the hot new club.  People flock to them in hopes of being able to rub elbows with rappers, athletes and high rollers.  Eventually the A list people move on to the next hot new club and interest wanes.  Then, a bouncer breaks someone's nose and the club gets sued.  The owners do not want to put any more money into the club for upkeep because they are saving up to open something new.  The place gets worn out and the crowds go elsewhere.  TABC dings them a couple of times for selling to minors or after hours.  The lease gets more expensive and the owners bail.  I just hope that someone comes along and breaks that life cycle with this location.  Too many nice new things coming to 1st/6th ward to have another big noisy club right in the middle of all the nice new stuff coming in.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

What kinds of problems? Did it cause parking issues because of their horrible valet system? Noise?

48 minutes ago, Triton said:

Oh really?

Parking problems. Drunk patrons causing noise. Lude behavior in the neighborhood (near their cars). One neighbor woke up to find two people having sex on his porch. I live near by, but far enough to not be too affected, but I constantly hear the horror stories. I know of 2 neighbors that have moved because of it. 

2 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Something is going to replace Social Junkie bar and the building next door. Braun Enterprises acquired the warehouse next to Social Junkie at 1005 Sawyer on the corner of Center St. There's a filing for 1005 Sawyer LLC too. Any ideas what's planned here?

THANK GOD!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Braun Enterprises is marketing 2412 Washington Avenue, where Social Junkie is located. It was also Sawyer Park and The Pig Stand.

a8wlAeX.jpg

So excited for something new / better.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to 2412 Washington Avenue
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to 2412 Washington Ave.
  • 10 months later...