Third Coast Seafood At 2412 Washington Ave.

houstonray

9 minutes ago, Avossos said:

So why the bump? Something else happening to the property?

The ability to post back to back is disabled. To create a new comment post in the same topic, you have to wait several minutes before doing so, plus also it took a little longer to edit the photo and upload it to Imgur. That's why I didn't follow up immediately. I had to wait several minutes before I could post again in this topic.

Shell Shack is closed at 2412 Washington Ave. 

I was sent a post about it from a Facebook group discussing the closure yesterday. The below photo is included in the post.

DbiLgt3.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2

• The title was changed to Shell Shack Restaurant At 2412 Washington Ave.
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Avossos said:

Looks like this is it...

https://iiibywolfgangpuck.com/

If this is the correct restaurant, it looks like it should be fairly nice!

Wolfgang Puck's restaurant isn't opening at 2412 Washington Ave. Third Coast Seafood is a local restaurant (or bar). I'm thinking it may be a mix of Shell Shack and Social Junkie rolled into one (i.e. a restaurant and club/lounge.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Wolfgang Puck's restaurant isn't opening at 2412 Washington Ave. Third Coast Seafood is a local restaurant (or bar). I'm thinking it may be a mix of Shell Shack and Social Junkie rolled into one (i.e. a restaurant and club/lounge.)

If you google "Third Coast Restaurant" it is linked to Wolfgang Puck III. If Third Coast Restaurant isn't the same as Third Coast Seafood - then there may be some legal challenges

Why are you certain it is not related?

4 hours ago, Avossos said:

If you google "Third Coast Restaurant" it is linked to Wolfgang Puck III. If Third Coast Restaurant isn't the same as Third Coast Seafood - then there may be some legal challenges

Why are you certain it is not related?

I am fully aware of Wolfgang Puck's Third Coast Restaurant in the Texas Medical Center. However, Third Coast Seafood is in no way associated with Wolfgang Puck. 

First off, I don't see Wolfgang Puck opening a second Houston location of Third Coast Seafood. And second, I'm certain Third Coast Seafood is not associated with Puck because as I mentioned previously, it's a local restaurant.

On 11/6/2023 at 11:17 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

It appears there's a new tenant for 2412 Washington Ave. A restaurant and/or bar named Third Coast Seafood (or 3rd Coast Seafood) is leasing the space.

I don't know if the building will undergo major renovations or not.

In recent years, the two-story building was home to Sawyer Park, Social Junkie, and Shell Shack.

On 11/6/2023 at 12:22 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Third Coast Seafood is a local restaurant (or bar). I'm thinking it may be a mix of Shell Shack and Social Junkie rolled into one (i.e. a restaurant and club/lounge.)

In regards to Third Coast Seafood, it is a new dining concept from Houston's ALife Hospitality Group. The hospitality team's portfolio includes Prospect Bar, Lost & Found, Kamp, Frnds, Stick Talk, and Bungalow.

I'm still uncertain if Third Coast Seafood will resemble Kamp and Lost & Found in terms of food and concept. Details on the concept are still vague, but it will center on seafood.

As previously mentioned, I suspect Third Coast Seafood may be a restaurant and club/lounge. However, a representative for ALife Hospitality Group declined to disclose further details. Perhaps like Stick Talk, Bungalow, and Frnds, additional information will be revealed when the restaurant nears its debut or after it opens.

Third Coast Seafood replaces Shell Shack at 2412 Washington Avenue.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

• The title was changed to 2412 Washington Ave.
  • The title was changed to Third Coast Seafood At 2412 Washington Ave.