Homophobic Landscapers?

rps324

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, the APLD released an official response:

from the email:

It is important to the Board of Directors of APLD that the public understand that the organization of APLD does not support discrimination against clients based on sexual orientation. It is unfortunate that the actions of a former member were taken to represent the entire membership. With that said, APLD's official statement and position regarding this situation is attached.

Did y'all hear about the Garden Guy??

Thank you for the chuckle there Mom22. That was funny. :D

edit: I apologize to Mom22, I thought you were trying to be funny, but you were starting a thread. I still giggled, but I thought........anyways, apologies.

I have learned a lot about people reading this thread, articles, and news segments. There are hate-filled people on ALL sides of this. It's really sad.

You want to think the best of all people but at times something happens to just shock you. I remember a 25 yr old coworker used the word "colored." still shocking to me.

LOL, is she for real!

I guess she did not bother reading the first post. The official douche bag of the thread.

Enjoy the title! :lol:

She actually started her own thread yesterday called "Garden Guy" and it was quickly merged to this one Puma. It still amazes me how she missed out on one of the hottest threads there was for the past few days. I guess she was too focused on the "tragedy" of the "WOODLANDS" being envaded by a Wal-Mart!!!! OMG! What will they do. All the crime that "Wal-Mart" brings in, and it's such an eye-sore next to their "multi-million dollar homes. GMAFB!!!!!

LOL, is she for real!

I guess she did not bother reading the first post. The official douche bag of the thread.

Enjoy the title! :lol:

As Mark K. Barnes said, the thread was merged. Sometimes the topics are titled in such a way that it's not not always obvious what they're about, and not everyone is on here constantly. Mom is a welcome contributor here and calling her a douche bag is inappropriate and in violation of forum policy.

As Mark K. Barnes said, the thread was merged. Sometimes the topics are titled in such a way that it's not not always obvious what they're about, and not everyone is on here constantly. Mom is a welcome contributor here and calling her a douche bag is inappropriate and in violation of forum policy.

Yeah, Puma, women aren't usually referred to as D-bags, that's reserved for men. I especially wouldn't call someone that, that has the word MOM in their persona. Egads man, we'll have to make a new policy that Middle Easterners are no longer able to use American slang insults towards others, until they are able to grasp how to use them properly. Sorry Puma, thems the rules, you fargin' icehole ! :P:lol:

I have learned a lot about people reading this thread, articles, and news segments. There are hate-filled people on ALL sides of this. It's really sad.

That is very true Parrothead. One of the challenges for all of us, regardless of which side of this issue your opinion falls on, is to not exhibit the same hate that you're complaining about the other side having. It's very difficult -- I know I'm guilty of it, because it's very easy to stereotype those who disagree with your opinion, just as they might stereotype you, and you may not even realize you're doing it.

It's a sad, unfortunate fact that human nature is to create divisions and conflict between ourselves and those who are different from us in some way. Overcoming this nature is perhaps one of the biggest challenges we all face in life.

I found the video of the newscast on the KPRC website.

forget the landscaping - what about that house! ^_^

apparently, it is a pyramid builder's home (http://www.pyramidbuildersinc.com/aboutus.html) who

"established itself as a renovator of vintage style homes in the Houston Heights, a historical district. With a portfolio of 25 elegantly designed, contemporized, bungalow houses-each built as a speculative project-the Pyramid Builder's classic signature is visible all over the Heights." :unsure:

2jcvon9.jpg

forget the landscaping - what about that house! ^_^

"With a portfolio of 25 elegantly designed, contemporized, bungalow houses-each built as a speculative project-the Pyramid Builder's classic signature is visible all over the Heights."

Could that be used as an adverb, too? "He contemporizedly rennovated the bungalow." :rolleyes:

Could that be used as an adverb, too? "He contemporizedly rennovated the bungalow." :rolleyes:

I don't know about that spelling.

But what I do know is looking at that portfolio they do some really nice work. I am a Log home guy myself, however Spanish Colonial is my second choice. Log homes don't work in the heights or anywhere in town, that one of the reasons I live out here amongst the sycamores. I grew up in a spanish style home, these people do nice work. Really nice.

well, to me, those "contemporized bungalows" look alot more at home crammed on an 8,000 square foot lot in bellaire, than amidst the height's bungalows...

While I agree, I still hope they open their new home for the next home tour. I'd love to see the inside of that badboy...

And back on topic- from the looks of it, Garden Guy probably lost out on quite a nice paycheck by turning these guys down. Gay or straight, DINKs are good for business (dual income; no kids).

I avoid these threads as best I can because they end up not being worth it.

That said, I cannot believe there hasn't been a single comment about the Chronicle article. Did anyone else find it offensive how the article ended?

"They should refuse to do business with all sinners."

Wow.

Now, the landscapers (a married guy that likes pretty flowers...bet he knows his way around a 24 hour "newstand") have every right to hold their opinions and express them however they deem responsible but the Chronicle should have a higher standard.

That said, I cannot believe there hasn't been a single comment about the Chronicle article. Did anyone else find it offensive how the article ended?

Wow.

Now, the landscapers (a married guy that likes pretty flowers...bet he knows his way around a 24 hour "newstand") have every right to hold their opinions and express them however they deem responsible but the Chronicle should have a higher standard.

I took it as a sarcastic reply, meaning that, since all people are sinners, they should just go out of business. Why limit your discrimination to only one "sin," you know? I really believe the statement was made against the Garden Guy, on the part of the reporter.

Wow.

Holy Moly, Kinkaid, I am with you in total agreement. He could have worded that differently. But, I believe he was using it to point out Garden Guy's point of view that his holier than thou attitude should not stop with just Homosexual sins, as related in the bible, but ALL people who commit any sin. I don't think it was meant as a stance on his part, just the stance of the Garden Guy. I let it slide.

Wow.

That one threw me for a bit as well. I think I understand what they were trying to convey though.

while not a rick casey fan I do appreciate his comments about posting other peoples' personal information.

But there is no excuse for hateful phone calls, e-mails and forum postings, much less death threats. And certainly not for the Internet posting of the Farbers' home address and phone number. (Nor for the posting of the address and driver's license numbers of the gay couple they turned down.)

Posting information is just as hateful as the original act IMO.

Archived