Homophobic Landscapers?

rps324

This has nothing to do with civil rights. It has everything to do with free-enterprise & captialism.

Ummm, yeah. Kettle calling the Pot black? Especially considering your current quote:

4drahid.jpg

What exactly are you advertising here? Are you advocating US soldiers killing innocent South Vietnamese citizens? This is exactly what the chopper-gunner is doing as he says this in the movie. Why don't you just go in for the kill and quote Jimmy from Pulp Fiction when Jules trys to stash Marvin at Jimmy's house.

I quoted, I didn't make the statement , big difference ,get your panties out of a wad there Nancy. You and Dalparadise, can have that Garden Guy loser mow your lawn all you want. Not taking business on the grounds that someone is Gay is just as bad as not taking business from someone because they are of another Race. If you think there is a difference then GOD help YOU !

Since you are offended by my current sig. I will change it, just for you.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This has nothing to do with civil rights. It has everything to do with free-enterprise & captialism.

So you agree with the Muslim taxi driver who refused to give a ride to people that were carrying liquor? If someone was refused service because of their religious beliefs would that be OK with you?

I quoted, I didn't make the statement , big difference ,get your panties out of a wad there Nancy.

Since you are offended by my current sig. I will change it, just for you.

I'm not offended by your signature. I was simply pointing out your hypocrisy. Since you like glamorizing the charactor of a US Soldier who takes pride in killing innocent people, why don't you share with the board how he effectively kills the women & children.
You and Dalparadise, can have that Garden Guy loser mow your lawn all you want. Not taking business on the grounds that someone is Gay is just as bad as not taking business from someone because they are of another Race. If you think there is a difference then GOD help YOU !
I mow my own lawn. TJones, as soon as you can prove one is born homosexual as one is born black or hispanic, then I'll gladly agree with you. As far as I see it, being "gay" is a choice. As in you can choose to be gay, you can't choose to not be Hispanic. See how that works?

EDIT: Before all you homo's freak out - simply quote any medical journal that proves you were born gay and I'll retract my statement.

This whole board is acting silly. So one guy who cuts grass for a living, doesn't want to cut gay peoples grass. Big deal. Why don't you just ignore him. He only wants to cut grass for other Jesus Freaks. So let him. Its his financial loss, not yours - whether you're gay or not.

Really stupid.

Its a free country and people are free to do what they want, work for whomever they want...there are many other ways they could've turned down the project (not responded...said they were backed up...etc) without causing such a ruckus. No...instead they opened themselves up to a bunch of trouble.

I guess we don't really know the whole story. They may have had a bad experience before that has created these feelings. We don't know.

Still, it doesn't make good business sense.

As far as I see it, being "gay" is a choice. As in you can choose to be gay, you can't choose to not be Hispanic. See how that works?

You choose to be hetero? Why would anyone choose to be gay when life is so much more difficult due to narrow minded bigots like you and that garden guy. And even if I agreed with your assumption that it is a choice isn't religious belief also a choice? Is it OK to discriminate against someone based on their religious beliefs? Whether it is a choice or not doesn't really matter when it comes to discrimination.

I don't smoke. Find another poor example.

I asked where you stood on the ban, I didn't ask if you smoked. Are you sure you can read english or do you have an interpreter ?

Oh, I get where you were coming from, no no no your interpreter misunderstood the sentence, it was simply a rhetorical question to you. It's all fun and games until something actually happens that effects you. That would have been better for you to wrap your brain around. Sorry I confused you.

Agree or disagree with the guy's beliefs, I support his right to choose his clients as he desires. I personally wouldn't care if someone refused to do my yard, or whatever, because I'm white. I think the law protects housing and essential services like medical care but not something like this.

Lawsuit perhaps. And how would a lawyer approach this one? Maybe by saying his client felt degraded, like the blacks who felt that Denny's took too long to serve them. Now if he were to fire someone because he found out they were gay, then he might have a problem on his hands.

Personally, I think these people just dug their own business grave (esp if a news station gets a hold of this)--but I agree with you that they do have the right, just as restaurants do--to refuse service to anyone. However, if they truly are a member of a professional organization, they better be sure that their affiliation supports this kind of pick-and-choose. Regardless of whether gay people have the same civil rights as the rest of America, I think the National Association of Realtors would have a field day if rps or I refused to help gay clients outright (not that we would, but just hypothetically).

TJ, that's what I try to drum into my FIL's head all the time. Hate the sin--not the sinner. He says, "That doesn't mean I have to go bowling with him." :lol: He's a little, ah....southern baptist. :P

This has to be a hoax, urban legend, utter bs, etc.

Two flags come up on this, as was stated the name on the email is a little hokie, and as I pointed out earlier, no where on their website do they claim membership in the Association of Professional Landscape Designers

Something very fishy about the origin of this all. I have been looking very deeply and nothing has popped up yet. But it is very suspicious.

If this turns out to be a disgruntled customer or someone who just read his site and linked to the www.nogaymarriage.com, and drummed this whole thing up to get at this guy for his beliefs, their are going to be a lot of people that will have egg on their face, to jump to judgement so quickly.

Suspicious very suspicious!

I'm not offended by your signature. I was simply pointing out your hypocrisy. Since you like glamorizing the charactor of a US Soldier who takes pride in killing innocent people, why don't you share with the board how he effectively kills the women & children.

Show me South Vietnamese Documents where it's proven that they were "Innocent". Show us in your medical journals where people are "born" heterosexual. Did you ever think that maybe we were all born Gay, and that being Heterosexual was the "choice". But, I understand you have been conditioned to "see" being Gay as a "choice". Good deduction process there hotshot.

Personally, I think these people just dug their own business grave (esp if a news station gets a hold of this)--but I agree with you that they do have the right, just as restaurants do--to refuse service to anyone.

Really? I think Denny's and Cracker Barrell might disagree with you on that.

Why would he? Did I miss the chapter in the bible that covers God telling his Christians to not approve of Blacks & Hispanics? Are you assuming because he claimed to be a Christian that he also by default had to be a racist?

You're kidding right? All of you are kidding right?

The landscaper politely told someone he wouldn't cut their grass because they're gay. Even if they weren't gay, the landscaper obviously felt uncomfortable taking the job. Whether you agree with it or not, its HIS choice. His to choose who's grass he cuts & HIS to choose whether he tells potenial clients why he will or will not cut their grass.

I agree with Jeebus' above statements. This is a free market society, business owners can pick who they do business with if they choose as long as they break no laws. That doesn't mean we have to like it or think it's right. I don't agree with the Garden Guy's stance, but I do think he has a right to make it. If you disagree then you have the right to complain, petition, etc. all you want. Let's not forget that our country was built this way for a reason, so all voices could be heard, regardless of the message.

Also, please don't link this issue with Christianity. Christianity does not equal discrimination or hatred. If you believe differently then you don't truly understand the religion and have been jaded by a few bad apples.

The landscaper politely told someone he wouldn't cut their grass because they're gay. Even if they weren't gay, the landscaper obviously felt uncomfortable taking the job. Whether you agree with it or not, its HIS choice. His to choose who's grass he cuts & HIS to choose whether he tells potenial clients why he will or will not cut their grass.

She may as well have sent this to back to them Jeebus.

erik_estrada_homo.jpg

It is just as offensive ! Besides, I think Niche may be on to something, but the fact that they host a website forum that discusses the topic further, leads to my doubts that it is a hoax.

btw Jeebus, did I say welcome back , I haven't seen you post in awhile.

Well your ignorance is astounding. Of course it's not a choice. Everone with half a working brain cell knows that.

BTW, do you use the word "Homo" in your everyday vocabulary because you're just typical un-educated white trash that doesn't know better or are you just that homophobic-or both?

I don't think he is white. trash or otherwise. get your panties out of a wad he was shortening a word.

I don't think its helpful to get into a debate about the origins of homosexuality in this post unless you want too.

Rally at Jeebus's house!!!

demonsvu9.jpg

As far as I see it, being "gay" is a choice. As in you can choose to be gay, you can't choose to not be Hispanic. See how that works?

And perception is reality, eh?

Tell me, did you choose to be straight?

Astonishing.

Agree or disagree with the guy's beliefs, I support his right to choose his clients as he desires. I personally wouldn't care if someone refused to do my yard, or whatever, because I'm white. I think the law protects housing and essential services like medical care but not something like this.

Lawsuit perhaps. And how would a lawyer approach this one? Maybe by saying his client felt degraded, like the blacks who felt that Denny's took too long to serve them. Now if he were to fire someone because he found out they were gay, then he might have a problem on his hands.

The gardener hasn't violated the prospective customer's rights. One can choose for whom they work or perform services. For one thing, individuals don't owe one another constitutional rights...those flow from the government. Furthermore, even if there was a constitutional issue (equal protection), homosexuality isn't a protected class.

That's what some of us are pointing out. Although, no legal rights were violated, it is the lack of common human decency , that was displayed, and to top it off, to do it with a straight smiling face. Just a blatant Jackass move.

Well your ignorance is astounding. Of course it's not a choice. Everone with half a working brain cell knows that.

There are no legitimate studies published to back that statement up. Not that I disagree with your opinion, but I just wanted to point that out--it is an opinion. There is a study, however, on identical twins and why one may be gay and one not. It's interesting and I'll have to go dig that up.

BTW -- correct me if I'm wrong, but the rights of black or Hispanic citizens are protected by law. Rights of homosexuals are not. Now, if the homosexuals in question where black, then you might have a lawsuit. In real estate I remember, it was actually discussed that there were no laws against "steering" homosexuals into or out of certain neighborhoods.

Herein lays the problem. Homosexuals deserve the same rights, privileges and responsibilities as the rest of us. Why is not as disgusting for someone to be anti-homosexual as it is for them to be anti-racial minority? If it's just a matter of law, our laws need some updating.

Archived