• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the architecture of the whole complex, including the Westin, especially when lit up, at night. It breathes new life into the whole area. Noticed the walkway to the mall looks complete.

• 5 months later...

So a couple of interesting things here.

New matching blue lights on the condo's next to Balleys/Starbucks and a blue arch added on the new pedestrian bridge from CMex to Memorial City Mall.

The biggest thing is new Rendering Banners (which I will try to get a picture of) all around what was once shown as Grass and fountains between the new hospital/Westin and the feeder. What was once grass is now being shown as very cool looking City Center style pedestrian friendly shopping. The architecture (assuming the redering is accurate) looks very cool and reminds me of some buildings I saw in Oslo. Kind of like the adjacent bank, but more slopes and what looked like wooden beams. Pretty awesome.

I've also hear that on the North side of the freeway, on Gessner new medical buildings/retail are on the way.

• 1 month later...

This looks like some of the newer strip malls...

You tend to have negative replies to nearly every post on this forum, or at least so it seems, so I'm probably wasting my time here.

None the less, I travel to Oslo, Dubai and Singapore yearly. This isn't any more strip-mallish than the nicer new retail areas of those cities. Two story, geometrical, stone, stained wood, and cutting edge design. Strip malls in Houston are typically sprawling 1 story Styrofoam/fake stucco and tan. Nothing like the attached renderings.

You tend to have negative replies to nearly every post on this forum, or at least so it seems, so I'm probably wasting my time here.

None the less, I travel to Oslo, Dubai and Singapore yearly. This isn't any more strip-mallish than the nicer new retail areas of those cities. Two story, geometrical, stone, stained wood, and cutting edge design. Strip malls in Houston are typically sprawling 1 story Styrofoam/fake stucco and tan. Nothing like the attached renderings.

I meant it in a good way. Relax.

• 2 months later...

It is. There was allot of Westin talk in this thread, so I thought this might be the best place for the pic.

About the Westin pool, I like it...but is that a rendering or an actual photograph?

Hard to see what's going on with the pool, on the right side of it, where it meets the glass.

I love the whole layout.

No negativity here.

I think its rather brilliant.

If you get food poisoning or choking, then you're right there!

LOL.....I love this design. Maybe they wanted the shops to be visible to traffic from I-10.

They do wrap around the corner, a little bit. This desing reminds me of the one close by, at Town & Country. The hospital patient drop of, pick up entrance takes priority status, maybe

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Awesome, the new tower mirror being built directly across from the CEMEX building (the one with the wave) screwed up thier windows. There is a darker blue colum down the center, on the topmost level they began putting in the light blue windows. I mentioned to my wife that they were screwing it up, she replied...

"I doubt it, nobody's that dumb, all they have to do is just look behind them to see how it needs to look. I'm sure it's to make them look slightly different."

Yesterday while shopping at HEB I saw them pulling the light blue out and replacing them with dark blue colum one would expect to see. There's a site foreman that's feeling pretty dumb right now.

Is the shopping center still going in? Last time I drove by, it looked like the parking garage they're adding is all that will fit?!

They are just finishing the garage first, it's still going ahead. Also they are adding a new garage by the new tower by the CEMEX building.

• 6 months later...

Archived