Crime In Montrose

Montrose1100

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was curious that Montrose1100 was so disturbed by this robbery that happened a few miles from his townhouse, when those brutal murders happened 300 yards from it. He's clearly a result of the gentrification in that neighborhood, witnessing the kinds of goings-on that have happened there for some time.

Of corse I am disturbed by the murders on Floyd.

I'm "clearly a result of" witnessing a robbery firsthand vs. hearing about the murders from a neighbor. Morally, the murder is the most disturbing. So is the fact it was 2 blocks away from my front door (well, old front door).

However, had I seen the murders in broad daylight, 15 feet infront of me, in an "everyday" setting with a handful of others, I would probibly talk more about it. Then you can mutliply in the idea of taking human life, and other factors like being a few doors down. - Kinda sounds like the idea behind terrorism. I have seen purse snatching, and even other violent thefts. I found it bold that the guy did what he did, and I was feeling sorry for myself because I didn't react fast enough.

Yes, I know crime will never be absent for Montrose, or even the West End, I didn't move there thinking it was all sunshine & lollipops... wait, why am I explaining myself to you?

• 1 month later...
Of corse I am disturbed by the murders on Floyd.

I'm "clearly a result of" witnessing a robbery firsthand vs. hearing about the murders from a neighbor. Morally, the murder is the most disturbing. So is the fact it was 2 blocks away from my front door (well, old front door).

I knew the woman who was murdered on Floyd since my days at UH in the 80's. We remained friends after our school days. Her best friend is my best friend as well. I was the one who saw the news report and my heart started to race because i immediately recognized the townhome as hers. I called her best friend and told her to meet the police over there since all her family is overseas. Dec 22 will be the yr anniversary. It is still hard to believe after almost a yr.

• 1 month later...

Gay Bar Patrons Find Vehicles Vandalized

POSTED: 6:55 am CST January 9, 2007

UPDATED: 7:24 am CST January 9, 2007

HOUSTON -- Dozens of patrons of a gay bar found their vehicles vandalized in a parking lot Tuesday, KPRC Local 2 reported.

The vehicles were parked behind EJ's in the 2500 block of Ralph Street near Westheimer Road at about 2:20 a.m.

Customers said about 28 vehicles were damaged. Some of the vehicles' tires were slashed and some had smashed windows or windshields.

link to KPRC online article

For that amount of damage to be done without someone catching them in the act, it would seem that there must be several perps. I don't see how this could be something done just on impulse.

Gay Bar Patrons Find Vehicles Vandalized, "I really honestly do think this was a hate crime and that people are tired of the gays parking on their lot," victim Ronnie Siebert said. "It's really sad what has happened here tonight."
I seriously doubt it's a hate crime. If so, this person must really hate tires.

More like a disgruntled tweeker meth-head who was kicked out of the bar, or something along those lines.

[a sniper keeps missing Navin and hitting cans of motor oil]

Navin R. Johnson: He hates these cans. Stay away from the cans.

Edited by MidtownCoog

I seriously doubt it's a hate crime. If so, this person must really hate tires.

More like a disgruntled tweeker meth-head who was kicked out of the bar, or something along those lines.

One methed out tweeker damaged 28 cars sufficiently fast enough as not to be caught. Don't think so. Sounds like a group effort.

Tweekers are magic, don't you know?

OK, if a group can do that much damage without being caught then I'd avoid that parking lot no matter what.

Parking has always been dicey in Montrose.

Avoid the parking lot? Good advice, after the fact. The 28 cars are still damaged. I'm real uncomfortable with doing anything to accommodate the thugs that did this. How about catching them and throwing their sorry asses in jail? People that do these kind of things obviously aren't mental giants. One or more of these geniuses are probably out now bragging about what they did.

Exactly. Watch out!

Seriously, everybody knows Monday is Amateur Strip night at EJ's. Maybe they were just too distracted to hear all the destruction.

http://www.ejsbar.com/

And theres your explination.

Besides... If you were watching the show, and having a good time, someone nonchalantly whispers in your ear "someone is slashing tires in the parking lot"... you probibly didn't even keep your eyes off of the target, just nodded your head, and said "Thats cool".

• 6 months later...

At about 2:30 this morning (Monday July 30th) a low-flying helicopter buzzed my neighborhood about 7 or 8 times. He had his high-powered search light aimed on the area surrounding Katz's Deli (hard to tell with blurry eyes). I was wondering if anybody knew of a local website where I could find information on what was going on. I tried finding info on HPD's site, but no luck. Also tried the local news sites; again, no luck. Any ideas?

At about 2:30 this morning (Monday July 30th) a low-flying helicopter buzzed my neighborhood about 7 or 8 times.

A month or two ago this happened to me at home in Meyerland. It was around 6:30 in the morning and the helicopter stayed over my house for abut 10 minutes. I was scared to even go outside, thinking there was some convict on the loose. Tried to find out about it, but to no avail.

A month or two ago this happened to me at home in Meyerland. It was around 6:30 in the morning and the helicopter stayed over my house for abut 10 minutes. I was scared to even go outside, thinking there was some convict on the loose. Tried to find out about it, but to no avail.

This happened almost weekly when I lived in DC. It's probably safe to assume the police were looking for someone.

Edited by jdbaker

Guest Marty

Buy you a police scanner, thats how the news media finds most of the news story's they report on.

Edited by Marty

the closest thing i can think of is HPD's active incident listings, although i am not sure anything like that might show up:

http://www.houstontx.gov/activeincidents/index.html

seems to only have traffic, ems and fire related things

Thanks for posting that link. I used to use a similar one a few years ago for just such events, and it was very useful.

Then the HIPPA law got passed, and they pulled the fire department listings because the ambulance runs were considered an invasion of medical privacy. I see the ambulance runs now just say "Ems event" instead of "Heart attack" or "Stabbing" like they used to. Yet another way HIPPA has screwed things up.

the closest thing i can think of is HPD's active incident listings, although i am not sure anything like that might show up:

http://www.houstontx.gov/activeincidents/index.html

seems to only have traffic, ems and fire related things

Thanks for the link, SevFiv! I might look in to getting a police scanner, too. I mean, the helicopter got my attention, especially at 2:30 in the morning. But then my imagination gets the best of me: "Did they catch the guy? Was he armed & dangerous? Was he last seen running down Lovett Blvd with an axe?" Makes it difficult to fall back to sleep! Maybe it's just me, but I need closure on things like this!

Lovett19

One way to find out what is going on, is to go running out your door, down the street, screaming at the top of you lungs. It always works for me.

I've actually seen a couple of people doing that in the Montrose area. I hope you were not one of them..... The chopper might come after you next time.

Guest Marty
Thanks for posting that link. I used to use a similar one a few years ago for just such events, and it was very useful.

Then the HIPPA law got passed, and they pulled the fire department listings because the ambulance runs were considered an invasion of medical privacy. I see the ambulance runs now just say "Ems event" instead of "Heart attack" or "Stabbing" like they used to. Yet another way HIPPA has screwed things up.

This is where I get police reports for my area in Spring TX

Spring Observer police/courts

The latest report Link

Edited by Marty