Crime In Montrose

Montrose1100

I never said the attacker was an illegal immigrant. I assumed that the victim was. I'm aware all ethnicities and races are equally likely to commit violent crimes, but with a lot of illegal immigrants who become involved in criminal activity, violence and carrying a gun is about as normal as an American carrying a cell phone. That is the way to solve problems in their old country traditions. These people don't have the same kind of joy and apreciation of life that most Americans have because of the environment they came from. So, I would say this is a concern within the immigration debate. I was definitely shocked, nonetheless, that the attacker was a teenage white girl.

sorry, but I think your post is absolute garbage. To say " I'm aware all ethnicities and races are equally likely to commit violent crimes, but with a lot of illegal immigrants who become involved in criminal activity, violence and carrying a gun is about as normal as an American carrying a cell phone." is just this side of bigotry that i have heard on this system.especially when you follow it up with, " These people don't have the same kind of joy and apreciation of life that most Americans have because of the environment they came from. "

Many on here will attest to my being one of the more level-headed of the group when a subject like this comes up, but that sure is a posting that smacks of prejudice, if not just outright ignorance.

admitting that you were shocked that it was a white girl just puts icing on this cake.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not surprised.

White women with blonde hair a public menace. We should force them into camps and make them dye their hair a respectable color.

We also need to build that wall with Canada. Canada is North of Texas and it is from the North (I think some country like Scandiswedenland or something like that) that these blonde folks come from.

We also need to ban blonde weddings. It should be illegal for a God-fearing American to love a blonde woman and the law shouldn't acknowledge what is so clearly unnatural.

Until we enact all of these things, I for one will not feel safe.

Here is a link to crime stats in one part of the Montrose (mine)

You can easily navigate to see other areas of town.

I wish somone (not me) would make a mash up google earth site with this information mapped.

I just came across this thread but it's funny that you mention that because I just did a Google Maps mash-up this weekend with the HPD crime data from April (the most recent available) for the Central Patrol Division. http://www.ericcarlson.net/crimestats/

-Eric

More white teenage girls committ suicide than murder.

So it's OK to be surprised about this one.

Drugs and heat will make you crazy.

Remember a few years ago, there was a group of "girls gone bad" out near 1950? Four generic white blonde Texas teens with nothing better to do with their time than rob convenience stores at gunpoint for kicks. I half think they shot at least one person, but that might not be right.

I vividly remember how they cried and cried and cried at their sentencing. They couldn't believe that it was happening TO THEM! They had no concept that they would actually be held responsible for their actions.

• 3 weeks later...
I just came across this thread but it's funny that you mention that because I just did a Google Maps mash-up this weekend with the HPD crime data from April (the most recent available) for the Central Patrol Division. http://www.ericcarlson.net/crimestats/

-Eric

Thanks!

I've been out of town for a couple of weeks and just checked back. Are you planning on maintaining this with data as it comes in?

Cheers,

I've been out of town for a couple of weeks and just checked back. Are you planning on maintaining this with data as it comes in?

I'll try to keep it updated. I will be monitoring the number of visitors to see what the interest is. HPD released the May data this week. I should have the May maps out later tonight or tomorrow.

-Eric

• 4 weeks later...

Well gang,

After the recent upswing in crime in my neighborhood (near West Gray and Taft), I have decided to join the citizen's patrol group we are forming in the Sutton Square neighborhood. I have definitely noticed a crime increase since last September. These are the crimes that I know of or have been reported by my neighbors:

* My home was burlgarized in October 2005

* The cleaners on West Gray was robbed and the owner pistol whipped.

* A woman opened her garage and was followed in by a black man.

* Cars were broken into on Webster between Wilson and Bailey.

* Early morning shootout between cops and drug dealers last spring near Mason and Fairview,

* (the final straw) A jogger was robbed at gunpoint of his Ipod on W. Webster and then pistol whipped.

Our neighborhood is meeting August 1st on National Night Out to form the Citizen Patrol Program. I just thought I would share this as I think my neighborhood is great and I will fight for it.

Wish me luck!

The burlgary was totally my fault. It was Halloween night '05 and I was a little drunk when I came home, I left the garage door open and the door into the house unlocked. I went to sleep in the 3rd floor bedroom. Between the hours of 8-10 one or more guys broke into my truck and stole change, CDs and clothing. They then proceeded to enter my house and robbed my roomate's first floor bedroom. They got DJ equipment, two laptops, CDs, digital camera and other items. There was no evidence of them coming upstairs. I believe my dog, a mean looking but very gentle Boxer, kept me safe upstairs.

I awoke to my roomie screaming and crying to me that our house was broken into. We filied a police report and the officer seemed like this was a very common thing. Since that time, we close the garage and arm the alarm everytime we leave.

I truly believe that crime is getting much worse and more violent. There are more gun related crimes in the past year.

I just have had this calling to take action and defend my neighborhood.

That's becuase these crooks want iPods, not boom-boxes.

Seriously, HPD need to clear the streets in that area. There is some freaky-deaky foot traffice between W. Dallas and W. Gray.

The crooks are getting a bit brave, as mentioned in my post about the robbery of a woman at the Chevron (W. Dallas @ Montrose Blvd.) in broad day light, at peak customer hour.

I just have had this calling to take action and defend my neighborhood.
Good man!
W. Dallas @ Montrose Blvd.

Man. I go there all the time.

I still don't belive the HPD or the Mayor is taking this as seriously as they should.

I hardly EVER see HPD patroling like they should.

I still don't belive the HPD or the Mayor is taking this as seriously as they should.

I hardly EVER see HPD patroling like they should.

Don't tell Mayor White that cause U-ston is a city of great opportunity. LOL..i think the burglar saw the opportunity took what he wanted from WGG.

Seriously, HPD need to clear the streets in that area. There is some freaky-deaky foot traffice between W. Dallas and W. Gray.

Friendly sorts, too! They'll run right up to your car and ask "Whatcha need?" :D

Is there a more notorious crack-dealing neighborhood in Houston? They may as well post signs.

Friendly sorts, too! They'll run right up to your car and ask "Whatcha need?" :D

Is there a more notorious crack-dealing neighborhood in Houston? They may as well post signs.

It is like the infamous Harwin area... I mean, come on! Also, Mr. I.D.! :lol: And those fake designer logo sunglasses they sell right there in the middle of the mall! What the heck?!?

I think some people -want- to get caught.

Do you mean that there are more NEGROS there than before the hurricane that hit New Orleans, or just that they are lowering the lights to conserve electricity?

At least you could be pc. You can also thank METRO cause i've met quite a few ex-NOLA residents on the train. They can't believe that METRO doesn't check the tickets.

Edited by musicman

• 3 weeks later...

Just to think that in my high school years in the mid 1980s we went down there a lot. Saw concerts, checked out the cruising action and what not.

That was some really rowdy action and before "entertainment districts" became proper in the Sunbelt.

I'm surprised that one weekend when my friend's car got towed after a concert at some now bygone heavy metal venue just off Westheimer...we didn't get mugged or jumped wandering around looking for the towing facility! (How we wound up in some hotel in downtown Houston in 1985 was something else, eventually picked up by our parents.)

Those 80s days (actually nights) were pretty seedy yet remarkable.

In recent years, no, I think the Montrose is quite safer compared to then. My wife, friends and I would go have drinks at Prive or Sliders in the recent 2Ks and not feel threatened.

• 1 month later...

POOR SECURITY.

Police are slow to response. Months ago a young white broke into a SUV on baldwin. We called the police when we saw the man leaving the car and running down oak place, and they did not show up for two hours. A handful of people saw him running away and one saw him standing at the bus station. Police did not try to search for him or the bag that he stole. The next morning we went behind a house (where he disappeared) where we found the black bag that he stole and returned it to the owner. The lack of response by the Houston police and security official is great, and desperately needs to be changed.

Our locked mountain bikes were stolen out of a locked closet. These criminals are becoming more relentless and are so dangerous. Protect yourself because the police are not responsive enough for us.

It's amazing to me that there are still crackhouses right next door to $300k townhomes in that area. I used to go to a couple of buddies homes down there, where we would play poker, and now, I am just like, NO WAY !

It's amazing to me that there are still crackhouses right next door to $300k townhomes in that area. I used to go to a couple of buddies homes down there, where we would play poker, and now, I am just like, NO WAY !

Those who bought homes in the area knew of the problem. The problem has been rampant for yrs. Life in the big city i guess.

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/kho...ar.1e0e4f4.html

They let Ashley Benton go on bond!

How dumb was that? The gang members may find her...

The only chance Ashley has to stay alive was to be released on bond, yes the gang members MAY find her, but her chances are better on the outside. If she was to be held in jail until her trial, she would have had to been kept segregated from all other inmates, just imagine the number of ms13 gang members on the inside. At least now, she is out on bond on home detention, in a secure location, her chances to make it to trial are greater. I can only thank the judge that allowed bond.