Fairfield Waugh: Multifamily At 1010 Waugh Dr.

Urbannizer

19 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Anyone else notice how great driving down W Dallas looks in this area? Just density all around. It's really piecing together nicely. 

It is nice.  Sometimes I drive home that way instead of taking Allen Parkway because it's calmer, slower, and seemingly safer.

It could use more trees, and wider sidewalks to encourage people to walk more.  But it's certainly much better than it used to be.  For the number of people who live on that stretch, I'd expect to see more joggers and dog walkers.  Or maybe they just go down to the bayou.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, editor said:

It is nice.  Sometimes I drive home that way instead of taking Allen Parkway because it's calmer, slower, and seemingly safer.

It could use more trees, and wider sidewalks to encourage people to walk more.  But it's certainly much better than it used to be.  For the number of people who live on that stretch, I'd expect to see more joggers and dog walkers.  Or maybe they just go down to the bayou.

Wider sidewalks and continuous protected bike lanes from Shepherd to Bagby would be just swell.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, 004n063 said:

Are they still blocking the bike lane, or have they fixed that?

Yes, I don't see them moving their fence till after the project is close to being finished. Most every single large project like this does the same thing.

12 hours ago, 004n063 said:

Are they still blocking the bike lane, or have they fixed that?

There is a well signed bike detour that isnt terrible. Could be a lot worse. I also think they painted a crosswalk at W Clay to make crossing easier/safer.

Still a shame that the bike lane is blocked, but at least they have made efforts to not make it terrible (sad to think that even though it is bare minimum, it's better than what most developers would do). 

Edited by Justin Welling
  • Like 3

On 7/25/2023 at 8:15 AM, emmanume said:

Do you know if Modera Waugh did the same thing with the sidewalk and part of the driving lanes?

I think their building is set back much further than the Fairfield Waugh is, so no they didn't block the sidewalk.  Plus the city repaired the sidewalk right before Modera started building where Fairfield will have to re-do the sidewalk on their project.

KM3GmzA.jpg

P0SSXF0.jpg

ILZULuZ.jpg

ldKIoWp.jpg

• Like 6