Harlow District At West Dallas At 2817 W. Dallas St.

Htowngirl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, hindesky said:

Verde Garden.

6dkrkkZ.jpg

That is not Verde / Verde Garden. As noted in the caption of the Houston Chronicle article that wasn't cited in your post:

"Verde Garden is a new concept from The Kirby Group... Expect a venue similar to Heights Bier Garten with a Tex-Mex twist."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/best-new-Houston-restaurants-open-2023-17663979.php

10 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Looks like Pitch 25 .

It's a photo of Heights Bier Garten, Kirby Group's bar concept at 1433 N Shepherd Dr. The signage in the background for Storage West (now CubeSmart) gives it away.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2022 at 8:12 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

The Kirby Group recently dropped a hint of what may become of the parcels at 2817 W Dallas St, 2701 W Dallas St, and 1011 La Rue.

About three days ago, the Kirby Group announced an upcoming concept on Instagram named Verde or Verde Garden. The post is geotagged in the Heights. However, the new project will likely replace Grappino's Di Nino at 11011 La Rue St, Suite C.

Verde will center on Tex-Mex fare, cocktails, and beers, according to its logo and hashtags on Instagram.

On 8/12/2022 at 3:56 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

The Kirby Group recently applied for an alcohol permit for one of several new food & beverage concepts of theirs on the horizon. 

A TABC notice confirms the post above regarding Verde (or Verde Garden) taking over the former Grappino's Di Nino at 11011 La Rue St, Suite C.

Verde will be a Tex-Mex restaurant or bar.

spacer.png

First mention of Verde / Verde Garden from local news media. This is a Tex-Mex restaurant from Houston's Kirby Group. It's one of several dining concepts planned for Harlow District at 2800 W Dallas St.

I'm not sure if the reported address is correct. But it could be since the former restaurants were demolished. Alcohol permits has 11011 La Rue St for the address, previously the site of former Grappino's Di Nino restaurant.

From a round-up of notable restaurants opening in the Houston area in 2023:

"The Kirby Group’s portfolio of beer gardens and patio bars will grow with this new concept set to open early 2023 at 2817 W. Dallas in the Harlow District (the former Nino’s compound). Expect a venue similar to Heights Bier Garten with a Tex-Mex twist: made-to-order margaritas and a food menu by new Kirby Group chef Teddy Lopez."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/best-new-Houston-restaurants-open-2023-17663979.php

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 8:12 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

As for Vincent's, which is located at 2701 West Dallas, it could close too. A trade name filed with the state two months ago indicates the group may have plans for a concept possibly named Katami.

On 7/16/2022 at 4:21 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

In regards to Katami - the possible dining or nightlife concept that might replace Vincent's restaurant at 2701 W Dallas St - an entity filing offers a few clues.

TKG Holdings registered the entity Vincent HTX LLC in May, listing local restaurateur Yun Cheng as manager. Cheng is the proprietor of hospitality company the Azuma Group (I think he's still involved the company). Restaurants operating under the hospitality company's umbrella include Izakaya, Kata Robata, and Soma Sushi.

Upon first notice of Katami, I thought this could be a Japanese dining concept. Cheng's involvement seems to hint Katami may indeed be a Japanese restaurant. Hopefully, details will follow in the coming months.

On 8/12/2022 at 4:02 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

The Kirby Group recently applied for an alcohol permit for one of several new food & beverage concepts of theirs on the horizon. 

A TABC notice confirms the post above regarding  Katami taking over the Vincent's former building at 2701 W Dallas St.

Katami will likely be a Japanese-focused concept in partnership with Azuma Group's Yun Cheng.

spacer.png

First official news article regarding Katami by Houston Chronicle today. Katami is one of several food and beverage concepts planned for Harlow District at 2800 W Dallas St.

As speculated last year, Katami is a new concept from Azuma Group, the hospitality team behind Kata Robata. Also, the article confirms previous speculations Katami replaces Vincent's restaurant at 2701 W Dallas St.

Additional details from the article:

"Kata Robata, considered one of the city’s finest and most consistent restaurants, will soon have a sister concept.

"Katami, a new restaurant (whose name means 'gift' or 'keepsake' in Japanese) from chef Manabu Horiuchi and Kata Robata owner Yun Cheng, is set to open in the spring in the former Vincent’s space at 2701 W. Dallas."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/New-Kata-Robata-restaurant-Katami-Montrose-Houston-17708491.php

On 9/15/2022 at 7:11 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Screenshots of construction / demolition progress at 1216 W Clay St. This was posted in an Instagram story last week. 

1216 West Clay was previously home to the Houston Alumni & Youth Center (aka HAY Center) and American Legion Post. The building is undergoing renovations as part of the forthcoming Harlow District.

The screenshots show work on coffee shop and cafe BOCA (Bold Original Coffee Artistry). It will be located at 1216 W Clay St, Suite 300.

anEqrfd.jpg

43gxn6A.jpg

fYFsTEU.jpg

bJ8aLzq.jpg

UQspiNQ.jpg

jZewx83.jpg

G7aH0b9.jpg

71AvEjY.jpg

On 9/15/2022 at 9:03 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Screenshots of construction / demolition progress at 1216 W Clay St. This was posted in an Instagram story this week

The screenshots show work on coffee shop and cafe BOCA (Bold Original Coffee Artistry). It will be located at 1216 W Clay St, Suite 300.

9KjuIDJ.jpg

3ytKKwt.jpg

chheAkV.jpg

CaoVXMd.jpg

b5lfzq3.jpg

oucEEHW.jpg

Earlier this month, Boca (Bold Original Coffee Artistry) posted a progress photo of its space. Omitted from the post is when the photo was taken. I assume it was snapped in either December or early January.

The coffee shop is opening later this year in Harlow District, the mixed-use development under construction at 2800 W Dallas St. Boca occupies the former site of the HAY Center and American Legion Post. The address is 1216 W Clay St, Suite 300.

Boca is one of two concepts from Almost Famous Concepts. As previously mentioned, the new hospitality group is also debuting Sala / Sala Social House at Harlow District.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnGMeEqM3ks

egNT3w3.jpg

Someone affiliated with the Kirby Group shared a mini tour of Harlow District. Posted last week in an Instagram story, the video mostly shows Kirby Group's forthcoming concept Verde / Verde Garden. Verde Garden replaces the former Grappino's Di Nino restaurant at 11011 La Rue St, Suite C.

Harlow District is the mixed-use development at 2800 W Dallas St. It's a joint project from Oxberry Group and TKG Capital Partners, the real estate arm of the Kirby Group.

Below are screenshots from the video.

TNOWvgY.png

SmLny7L.jpg

5QrLpRK.jpg

c71YLS0.jpg

BaBkOZz.jpg

5x0xQpd.jpg

sEcvyvs.jpg

nOEQDAT.jpg

C6AmJgG.jpg

• Like 1

A Kirby Group affiliate shared a mini tour of Harlow District. Posted last week in an Instagram story, the video mostly shows Kirby Group's forthcoming concept Verde / Verde Garden. Verde Garden replaces the former Grappino's Di Nino restaurant at 11011 La Rue St, Suite C.

Harlow District is the mixed-use development at 2800 W Dallas St. It's a joint project from Oxberry Group and TKG Capital Partners, the real estate arm of the Kirby Group.

Below are screenshots from the video. The screenshots show the interior renovations so far. There was a lot of movement and turning in the video, so most of the screenshots are on the blurry side.

dgQmyV0.jpg

4R3ETQl.jpg

23qr9S4.jpg

QGkWr01.jpg

fS74fKL.jpg

KBDQ3DZ.jpg

TDQEJaX.jpg

slK00x9.jpg

• Like 1

"Katami—a sushi-focused concept—is coming to Montrose this spring at 2701 W. Dallas St., Houston.

The brand is chef Manabu Horiuchi, nicknamed chef Hori, and partner Yun Cheng’s second venture after opening Kata Robata Sushi + Grill in Upper Kirby in 2009."

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/dining/2023/01/30/kata-robata-owners-bringing-new-sushi-concept-to-former-location-of-vincents-in-montrose/

On 9/9/2022 at 3:51 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Correction: The coffee shop opening in Harlow District is going by the name BOCA instead of Bold Original Coffee Artistry.

Last Friday, BOCA announced its forthcoming concept on Instagram. In addition to coffee beverages, this may also be a cafe with breakfast offerings and wine.

BOCA's address is 1216 W Clay St, Suite 300.

https://www.instagram.com/bocahtx

tNdlfIQ.jpg

Boca / BOCA recently launched the website for its coffee shop venture. Here are a few details from the site about the forthcoming space:

"Our design features 5,000 sqft. of interior with a multitude of seating options, ideal for solo customers, groups, or remote workers, making it the perfect spot for a morning pick-me-up, a lunchtime break, or a cozy place to catch up with friends. Additionally, we have a spacious patio for those who want to enjoy their coffee in the shade or sun."

https://www.bocahtx.com/

BOCA aims to open this spring  at 1216 W Clay St, Suite 300. It's one of serval food and beverage options for Harlow District (2800 W Dallas St).

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 6:44 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Renderings of 1324 W Clay St where offices are proposed. This was the former site of the Printing Museum. The renderings were also included in the marketing video for Harlow District.

https://www.oxberrygroup.com/projects

spacer.png

spacer.png

Rendering of 1324 W Clay St. This is part of Harlow District at 2800 W Dallas St. Offices are proposed for 1324 W Clay St. 

K0Sd3I9.jpg

• Like 1

Remodeling progress photos of Verde Garden posted recently to Instagram.

Verde Garden replaces the former Grappino's Di Nino restaurant at 11011 La Rue St, Suite C. It's part of Harlow District.

901sAEz.jpg

uTRErB7.jpg

• Like 2

Banner for Harlow District shared in an Instagram story yesterday. The banner includes the names of some of the forthcoming restaurants:

• Verde Garden - 11011 La Rue St, Suite C
  • Katami - 2701 W Dallas St
  • Boca - 1216 W Clay St, Suite 300
  • Sala / Sala Social House - 1216 W Clay St, Suite 200

Harlow District is the mixed-use development from Oxberry Group and TKG Capital Partners. It is coming soon to 2800 W Dallas St. 

xHXogEQ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 8:38 AM, hindesky said:

5ij3nfJ.png

I'm looking forward to D'oro at 1220 W Clay St and 1226 W Clay St. I assume this is another concept the Kirby Group is planning for Harlow District.

Going by the description, D'oro will be a restaurant and lounge. I wonder if it will be a supperclub / vibe dining concept similar to Bisou, Ciel, Se/7en / Seven, and Kiss? 

This building on 1220 W. Clay St. had a fire recently created by vagrants and will be gutted but renovated. A contractor on a different building stopped to talk with me. He said he thinks it will either be a coffee shop or a casual bar.

QYS9CMY.jpg

xt9LJ6z.jpg

6M3hQdV.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hindesky said:

This building on 1220 W. Clay St. had a fire recently created by vagrants and will be gutted but renovated. A contractor on a different building stopped to talk with me. He said he thinks it will either be a coffee shop or a casual bar.

That's unfortunate. I hope it doesn't set plans for the building back further.

I'm confused about on thing: You said, "A contractor on a different building stopped to talk with me. He said he thinks it will either be a coffee shop or a casual bar." Are you referring to 1220 W Clay St and 1226 W Clay St or elsewhere in the development?

If 1220 W Clay St and 1226 W Clay St, that's not going to be a coffee shop or bar. From the TDLR filing you posted, it will be a restaurant and lounge.

Sala (Sala Social House) is the bar and/or club. Boca / BOCA is the coffee shop. Both are from new hospitality group Almost Famous Concepts.

As discussed in several posts, Sala will be located at 1216 W Clay St, Suite 200. Boca's address is 1216 W Clay St, Suite 300.

5 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

I'm confused about on thing: You said, "A contractor on a different building stopped to talk with me. He said he thinks it will either be a coffee shop or a casual bar." Are you referring to 1220 W Clay St and 1226 W Clay St or elsewhere in the development?

If 1220 W Clay St and 1226 W Clay St, that's not going to be a coffee shop or bar. From the TDLR filing you posted, it will be a restaurant and lounge.

The contractor I talked with said there are several different companies working their own projects in the complex. He said it makes things more difficult because they sometimes ask him to help with a project he is not associated with. There are two houses side by side on W. Clay St. that he is not working on but thinks they will be a coffee shop and casual bar.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, hindesky said:

The contractor I talked with said there are several different companies working their own projects in the complex. He said it makes things more difficult because they sometimes ask him to help with a project he is not associated with. There are two houses side by side on W. Clay St. that he is not working on but thinks they will be a coffee shop and casual bar.

Thanks for the clarification. 

On 3/1/2023 at 8:38 AM, hindesky said:

5ij3nfJ.png

On 3/8/2023 at 5:41 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I'm looking forward to D'oro at 1220 W Clay St and 1226 W Clay St. I assume this is another concept the Kirby Group is planning for Harlow District.

Going by the description, D'oro will be a restaurant and lounge. I wonder if it will be a supperclub / vibe dining concept similar to Bisou, Ciel, Se/7en / Seven, and Kiss? 

On 3/15/2023 at 4:35 PM, hindesky said:

QYS9CMY.jpg

xt9LJ6z.jpg

6M3hQdV.jpg

Below are select details pertaining to D'oro from building plans submitted to the city. The details were found in the plan review comments.

D'oro is a new hospitality concept from the Kirby Group. It's opening soon at Harlow District.

• Remodel/convert existing residences into commercial use for:

• 1. Restaurant
    • 2. Lounge/bar

• 1220 W Clay - Bldg G

• 1,256 sf restaurant
    • Occupancy: 57
    • Bar Seating: 18

• 1226 W Clay - Bldg F 
    • 1,285 sf bar/lounge/club/tavern
    • Occupancy: 53
    • Bar Seating: 9
  • Like 2