Bori South Korean Steakhouse At 501 Lovett Blvd.

hindesky

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Bori South Korean Steakhouse At 501 Lovett Blvd.
  • 4 weeks later...

These guys stink.  This nice hostel has been turned into an eyesore for almost 2 years.  They already stressed one of these live oaks enough to kill it, and now they are piling their construction debris on the critical root zones of the other heritage trees on site.  I have reported them to the City Forester in the past but seeing this everyday is infuriating.  

image.jpeg.dc78486118fef961782e890defc0be98.jpeg

IMG-0999.jpg.d5d28c99463c0fc00edfef5e032ace5d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Amlaham said:

Is that a railing....on the roof. Also, the exposed exterior vent on the left is.....interesting.

I think they are going to shield the kitchen vents from view by covering the railing, will post when I see what they do, I live within walking distance of this.

It used to be my precinct location for voting when it was the hostel.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2023 at 2:30 PM, ATaphorn said:

These guys stink.  This nice hostel has been turned into an eyesore for almost 2 years.  They already stressed one of these live oaks enough to kill it, and now they are piling their construction debris on the critical root zones of the other heritage trees on site.  I have reported them to the City Forester in the past but seeing this everyday is infuriating.  

image.jpeg.dc78486118fef961782e890defc0be98.jpeg

IMG-0999.jpg.d5d28c99463c0fc00edfef5e032ace5d.jpg

And you just know they're going to pave a surface parking lot to boot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

It's hilarious how much this forum hates this development but I will say, so many within the Asian community are talking about this place in a positive light. Bori is quite famous in Spring Branch, so to be able to attend a major event in the city and then come here afterwards or beforehand is something that a lot of foodies and people who know the Bori name are excited for.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Triton said:

It's hilarious how much this forum hates this development but I will say, so many within the Asian community are talking about this place in a positive light. Bori is quite famous in Spring Branch, so to be able to attend a major event in the city and then come here afterwards or beforehand is something that a lot of foodies and people who know the Bori name are excited for.

We don't hate development at all.

We just hate parking lots.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 004n063 said:

We don't hate development at all.

We just hate parking lots.

Most of the people coming here will definitely be coming from the burbs. With so many no parking zones or barely any parking in this area, I think they had to do it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Triton said:

They should have demolished this house. Why bother keeping it?

I am in the middle on zoning, but if you want to be a proponent, Lovett St is the perfect example of why zoning is a good thing... just one block south is the protected single family street of Courtland Place. That street is full of significant mansions on beautiful lots near the city center. Lovett was the same... Now its a mixture of few remaining mansions, townhome farms, commercial shops, and parking lots. It could have been 'Embassy Row' and had the mansions converted into businesses that aren't destroying the original beauty.

Last thought - This could be considered a form of 'gentrification'; the bad kind that slowly destroys the original fabric of the area. This hasn't been a wealthy area in a long time but managed to keep its character. I am still bitter about the townhome farm on the corner of Taft and Lovett that took down the Carrier Mansion.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Avossos said:

I am in the middle on zoning, but if you want to be a proponent, Lovett St is the perfect example of why zoning is a good thing... just one block south is the protected single family street of Courtland Place. That street is full of significant mansions on beautiful lots near the city center. Lovett was the same... Now its a mixture of few remaining mansions, townhome farms, commercial shops, and parking lots. It could have been 'Embassy Row' and had the mansions converted into businesses that aren't destroying the original beauty.

Last thought - This could be considered a form of 'gentrification'; the bad kind that slowly destroys the original fabric of the area. This hasn't been a wealthy area in a long time but managed to keep its character. I am still bitter about the townhome farm on the corner of Taft and Lovett that took down the Carrier Mansion.

Oh yeah no to all of this. I really and truly do just hate parking lots.

(And gated communities like Courtland Place).

11 hours ago, Avossos said:

I can agree with you there.

Either way, I'll enjoy this place with my family. Been out in Asia for several months and we are already craving Korean BBQ again. lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...