it was, but I'm just guessing the view from Mosaic is even better since it has nothing behind it, except for 288. They'll have a view of everything, including zaza. The view from zaza was breathtaking IMO

Numerous famous people have always commented on the fabulous views from Zaza (When it was The Warwick) I know Bob Hope said it was his all time favorite in the USA. However the Mosaic will more than likely equal or surpass that statement. The fundraiser (we are at) at Mosaic was by the pool and that was spectacular. Felt like we were in San Diego or somewhere out of this world. No it wasnt the champagne either. :blush:

Mosaic is a masterpiece in the making (more buildings for me to worship) Ja!

I can hardly wait to see what that bridge will look like after competed that is. Any one have renderings, etc? Sneak previews?

PS, you can register for a tour too! Don't be bashful...

http://www.mosaichouston.com/

Edited by Vertigo58

it was, but I'm just guessing the view from Mosaic is even better since it has nothing behind it, except for 288. They'll have a view of everything, including zaza. The view from zaza was breathtaking IMO

ah. well at the Mosaic event we got to walkaround the penthouse and see its views first hand. it was at night, but yea...pretty impressive. not as dramatic as you might expect because it is pretty removed, even from dt. 2727 will knock em all out of the water.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone looking to buy a high rise in the medical center should check out the Mosaic, 5925 Almeda Rd. The building is beautiful and offers great amenities, with homes starting in the low $200s. Visit the sales center and speak with Layne, or call 832-721-3141 to schedule an appointment.

Anyone looking to buy a high rise in the medical center should check out the Mosaic, 5925 Almeda Rd. The building is beautiful and offers great amenities, with homes starting in the low $200s. Visit the sales center and speak with Layne, or call 832-721-3141 to schedule an appointment.

Thanks for your post, and your support to HAIF, but do you really find it necessary to post your "first" message in the form of an advertisment spam on a building pretty much everyone is aware of already for over 3 years now. :rolleyes:

We have already done the advertising for you bud.

Vote to merge with existing thread. <_<

Edited by Pumapayam

How many units have been closed on? How many are under contract? How many remain finished and unsold? How many are as-yet unfinished and unsold?

And is that second tower really going to be condos, or--as I suspect--will it be marketed as rental apartments?

We are just below 100 closed, and there are many more under contract. Our sales team just took over about a month ago, and since have had 15 contracts-all closing within the next month or so. We are currently going thru the process of "cleaning up" and trying to figure out which contracts, from the previous team, are going to close and which aren't. Therefore, I can't tell you the number of contracts we currently have. Each tower has 394 homes. The north tower is complete, in regards to the penthouse and tower suites which we are selling "as is". The 6th level is the FIT athletic club 6,000 sq. ft. consisting of massage room, private aerobics room, sauna, steam room, boxing ring, and more. The 7th level is the amenity deck consisting of the pool, jacuzzi, fit pit, 7,000 sq. ft. social lounge with billiards, hd plasma tv, and more. Both are complete.

The south tower is scheduled to be completed sometime in the Fall of 2009. Depending on where we stand with the sales of the first tower, we may open the 2nd tower as rentals until we complete sales of tower 1. The rental rate will be $2.20 a sq. ft. at the very least, giving the idea of renters becoming buyers.

Below both towers there will be retail shops and restaurants. There have been many offers, but we are not going to occupy that space until we are a little further along. Mosaic is doing very well, it just opened and already 100 closings. Just think about a mid-rise, it would be sold out already.

Thanks for your post, and your support to HAIF, but do you really find it necessary to post your "first" message in the form of an advertisment spam on a building pretty much everyone is aware of already for over 3 years now. :rolleyes:

Sorry Pumapayam for posting in the wrong area, as u said I am new to this site. I didn't think my post would upset anyone and be considered spam, especially after seeing all the other posts about iphones and xbox 360s. It won't happen again...

Hey now, at least he bought a membership, which is more than quite a few people on here has done. Not bad for a spammer.:)

lniekamp, Welcome to our humble little system. Hopefully you can give us some insight on the project.

Is DTox longer operating there?

Hey now, at least he bought a membership, which is more than quite a few people on here has done. Not bad for a spammer.:)

lniekamp, Welcome to our humble little system. Hopefully you can give us some insight on the project.

Is DTox longer operating there?

Thanks Ricco67...DTox is no longer. What did u think about DTox?

Sorry Pumapayam for posting in the wrong area, as u said I am new to this site. I didn't think my post would upset anyone and be considered spam, especially after seeing all the other posts about iphones and xbox 360s. It won't happen again...

No worries man, just wanted to be sure you had good intentions, we get some strangers in here that post one or two times, usually some sort of advertising and then leave for good. B)

It's not you, it everyone else that ruined it for ya.

Keep this thread current and it will get you that extra exposure, I would even recommend you update your profile signature to include your info if you want some passive traffic to your cause.

It was the first thing I noticed as well, but I did want to be sure it did not give him a free ride to have a one dimensional profile for advertising only.

Which from what I have seen in the past hour is not so, thankfully. ^_^

• Like 1

It was the first thing I noticed as well, but I did want to be sure it did not give him a free ride to have a one dimensional profile for advertising only.

Which from what I have seen in the past hour is not so, thankfully. ^_^

As opposed to your one dimensional profile as self appointed HAIF policeman? <_<

This is a terrific design and a great addition to the Medical Center area.

I agree, I visited the Mosiac for a Christmas party thrown by "FIT" and the 7th floor is awesome..the only thing that's missing is an ocean view

I agree, I visited the Mosiac for a Christmas party thrown by "FIT" and the 7th floor is awesome..the only thing that's missing is an ocean view

Very true B)

Very true B)

Oh and FYI I am a girl not a guy :rolleyes:

Today was fun talking with all of you...

I heard they are now renting unsold units. Can anyone confirm? Can't make the buyers too happy.

The only homes being rented are sold investor units

not according to this article...which also claims that 200+ units were sold (as of this time last year)

HBJ Article

Condo units aren't sold until a building has a certificate of occupancy from the City. If the building was still two months away from completion at the time the article was written (per the article), then any claims that any units had sold (i.e. had been closed on) are bogus. Either the reporter mis-reported pre-sales as sales or she was misled by the person representing the former sales team.

The second tower was always part of the plan; it was not always clear that they were going to be able to get it financed, however.

Edited by TheNiche

another article in the HBJ claims that 230 units have been "purchased". This one is dated April 4, 2008

Mosaic on Hermann Park's units have been a hot item in Houston's real estate market. In the 13 months since the project has been available, 230 buyers have purchased units.

i just think it's funny how "successful" these articles claim the Mosaic has been when it reality that's not the truth.

I've spoken to people who used to market that building and they told me it's been a disaster (maybe that's why the marketing job has changed hands 3 times?). They also assured me the 2nd Tower will be all rentals. How they expect to get $2.20+/square foot is beyond me.

another article in the HBJ claims that 230 units have been "purchased". This one is dated April 4, 2008

Also bogus. Off hand, I think only a few dozen had been closed on at that time.

I've spoken to people who used to market that building and they told me it's been a disaster (maybe that's why the marketing job has changed hands 3 times?). They also assured me the 2nd Tower will be all rentals. How they expect to get $2.20+/square foot is beyond me.

For every one two-bedroom unit there are two one-bedroom units. This is an atypical unit mix for new highrises, which tend to have not only a greater number of two- and three-bedroom units, but also larger units. Since smaller units command higher rents per square foot, shooting for $2.20 per square foot may not be entirely unreasonable. It may not have been the financial success that the developer would've liked, but it is a very nice property. And after all, they're bound to give concessions during lease-up.

..the only thing that's missing is an ocean view

Got that right! Took a recent tour & planning a huge event soon. I was sold the minute I walked in. For a moment there, I thought I was above Central Park. Vista panamorica! :D

This place is incredible!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure about your other comments but think you will find plenty that argue with "bad location" for Mosaic.

au contraire:

The point is how many places in Houston can you walk outside and quite literally stroll out into a proper park?

And god willing that park is not going anywhere..

And yes I know the golf course is there kinda before the park but there are beautiful, stunning (still standing after ike) oak tree lined paths through the golf course and a golf course literally is a "park".....and from the entrance to Mosaic you are 20 seconds walking from total park relaxation. Knowing you can do that every evening after a hard days work or whatever could be attractive to many people I think.

You wanna stroll around the Galleria for some nature?? I'll take my chances and drive over there once a month :)

If everywhere we could live was 20 seconds from a beautiful, well funded, City Park that is going no where, my arguement would be nullified a little but they are not.

And that uniqueness I think helps Mosaic big time....