• 2 weeks later...

When do people start moving in?

Im curious if the mosaic has had trouble closing on the condos beause of the new credit crisis. I reserved one of the condos on the downtown side about a year ago now, but backed out after a couple of months and got my reservation money back. But if remember correct you had to sign a contract and put a non refundable percentage down to almost a year in advance. now that the construction is complete has anyone had any trouble closing?

just curious.

Oh thank goodness. I'd been worried about whether they were really even going to do the second tower. For some reason, I sort of expected the construction of both towers to be more in synch. For you more knowledgeable types, is that sort of construction scenario more prevalent than what we're seeing with the Mosaic? Or is it purely a case by case thing?

Oh thank goodness. I'd been worried about whether they were really even going to do the second tower. For some reason, I sort of expected the construction of both towers to be more in synch. For you more knowledgeable types, is that sort of construction scenario more prevalent than what we're seeing with the Mosaic? Or is it purely a case by case thing?

Probably a case by case thing. They may have wanted to get one tower up so they could get people in there and then work on the second tower. Maybe they couldn't build the second one until the first one was filled up to a certain point. Whatever the reason is, they are building the second one and it's going to look awsome when the entire development is done!

I've noticed that there are now some lights on at night in Mosaic. I wonder if that means people are moving in, or if the construction workers just forgot to turn the lights off.

You mean the two vertical columns of deep blue lights that look like LEDs that are turned on along the east spine of the building? That's just something to draw attention. Cheap advertising that looks classy.

There are blue LEDs, and they don't look bad to me, but no that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about lights being left on inside the condo units. For the last few weeks I've noticed lights on inside, which either means somebody forgot to turn them off, or there are people moving in already.

I also noticed they haven't painted the concrete on the front side, as in post #238 but they have painted the concrete towards the back as can be seen in post#334 (second image).

There are blue LEDs, and they don't look bad to me, but no that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about lights being left on inside the condo units. For the last few weeks I've noticed lights on inside, which either means somebody forgot to turn them off, or there are people moving in already.

I also noticed they haven't painted the concrete on the front side, as in post #238 but they have painted the concrete towards the back as can be seen in post#334 (second image).

I don't think that's concrete on the back. I'm not sure what it is, but for a long time, it was an exposed bright yellow material.

It won't be painted on the front. That is the look they were going for - exposed, architectural concrete - just like the new parking garage on Main.. seems we've all talked about this before.

Also.. if they had ever meant to paint it, they would have done so before installing the blue LED lights.

I'm not big on the balconies by the way.. small and over-exposed.

Edited by Highway6

It won't be painted on the front. That is the look they were going for - exposed, architectural concrete - just like the new parking garage on Main.. seems we've all talked about this before.

Also.. if they had ever meant to paint it, they would have done so before installing the blue LED lights.

I'm not big on the balconies by the way.. small and over-exposed.

As an exterior architectural element, I really like them.

...but from the buyer's standpoint, I could see your point.

As an exterior architectural element, I really like them.

...but from the buyer's standpoint, I could see your point.

Yeah.. they look ok.. but I see them never being used...

Well, I see them being used at first when the new owners are still in awe at their view, and maybe showing off the view at dinner parties... but a year down the line, I dont exactly see people sipping coffee in a bathrobe reading the paper on those things since there is no wind protection, sun protection from a glaring and reflective curtain wall, or privacy from your neighbor's balcony.

Edited by Highway6

I just assumed since they painted the back side they would pain the front as well. Weird.

I think the front would look better if it were white like the back is in this photo.

Mosaic2111507C.jpg

• Like 1

Taken Sunday afternoon...

The fence has been taken back from the sidewalk along the retail area and base which front Almeda Road fairly recently.

Mosaic1102107A.jpg

Jax, where are the lights placed around the building?

Anybody else think that the balconies on the side of the building make it look like a giant heat sink? Probably just me and my skewed imagination...

• Like 1

Taken Sunday afternoon...

Mosaic1102107E.jpg

Jax, where are the lights placed around the building?

I think that the blue lights are the little silver dots that you see going up each side in this picture. I've only seen them on the 288 side, but this picture seems to indicate that they're on both sides. It's pretty simple, but I like it.

Probably a case by case thing. They may have wanted to get one tower up so they could get people in there and then work on the second tower. Maybe they couldn't build the second one until the first one was filled up to a certain point. Whatever the reason is, they are building the second one and it's going to look awsome when the entire development is done!

As I understand it, selling a set number of units in the first tower was a prerequisite to securing the financing for the second tower.

The Mosaic is giving every new resident a bottle of red wine and a bottle of white wine as part of their "move in" gift package.

Today the folks from the Mosaic called my wife (the Mosaic's official wine provider!) and asked how long it would take for her company to print custom labels for the bottles.

This indicates that move-in is going to be happening in a matter of weeks.

Edited by The Voice of University Oaks

• 2 weeks later...

hr1922345-4.jpg

From this rendering it looks like they are going to paint the front white just like the back rather than leaving it as unfinished concrete. Makes sense to me. Why paint the back if you're not going to paint the front?

From this rendering it looks like they are going to paint the front white just like the back rather than leaving it as unfinished concrete. Makes sense to me. Why paint the back if you're not going to paint the front?

Its not paint. They're panels installed over a yellow plastic-like substrate.

• 1 month later...