These run $0.39/sqft + $89 per month, so for this property you are looking at $384.23 / Month.

So on a 15-year note at 4.954% fixed for $225k, and with property taxes at about 3.48% each year, you expect someone to make an outlay of about $3.70 per square foot ($2,800) per month!? And on top of that, paying some fraction of irrecoverable closing costs both going in and getting out of it? Even on a 30-year note, the outlays only go down to $3.20. ...all that, and the effects of amortization.

I mean, jeez...7 Riverway, the most expensive apartment project in the Houston area leases 1,100-square-foot units at or below the same monthly price, has a location that puts Mosaic to shame, doesn't carry the risk of dramatically increased maintenance fees once the HOA takes over from the developer, and on top of that covers any maintenance issues that may arise that a condo owner would otherwise have to deal with themselves.

When it comes to highrise condos, rent!

So on a 15-year note at 4.954% fixed for $225k, and with property taxes at about 3.48% each year, you expect someone to make an outlay of about $3.70 per square foot ($2,800) per month!? And on top of that, paying some fraction of irrecoverable closing costs both going in and getting out of it? Even on a 30-year note, the outlays only go down to $3.20. ...all that, and the effects of amortization.

I mean, jeez...7 Riverway, the most expensive apartment project in the Houston area leases 1,100-square-foot units at or below the same monthly price, has a location that puts Mosaic to shame, doesn't carry the risk of dramatically increased maintenance fees once the HOA takes over from the developer, and on top of that covers any maintenance issues that may arise that a condo owner would otherwise have to deal with themselves.

When it comes to highrise condos, rent!

To some, that really isn't a consideration. Believe me, there are people (and corporations) that will buy into that building because of its location.

To some, that really isn't a consideration. Believe me, there are people (and corporations) that will buy into that building because of its location.

Well yeah, there are some. I won't dispute that. And there are some that'll go for units twice the size and with less hassle and with better access to the park and with better access to museums and with better access to yuppie-white-people transit in towers and midrises along Hermann Dr.

I only used 7 Riverway as an example because it has the highest average rents of any apartment project in the whole region. If you don't mind paying less, someone paying what they will for this unit in Mosaic could get a comparable or larger highrise unit anywhere they like.

Edited by TheNiche

• 3 weeks later...
<br />Anybody have some newer shots for this?<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br />I don't have any shots, but I can say that they're already working on the parking garage of the second tower. Edited by Triton

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been inside the Penthouse?

I am seriously thinking of buying one near the end of 2008. It just seems like a cool place to live.

But, I want to know if it looking like it will be worth the money (1.3 mil listed, although I am sure it will come down).

I can only hope the current economic slowdown and impending housing market troubles will allow me to get a good deal before the end of 2008.

How was the ULI event at the Mosaic the other week?

Yep, and I can say that it's a pretty spectacular project. The penthouse wasn't finished yet and was without lighting, but when you stand right at the floor-to-ceiling windows at night and look out towards downtown, that you are immersed in pitch blackness makes it seem almost as though you're floating in space.

The views are spectacular. Reliant Park, the TMC, Uptown, the Museum District, and Downtown all merge into one massive skyline and 288 acts as a river of light.

But the price points suck.

How was the ULI event at the Mosaic the other week?

Also, has anyone gone to the "Sunday Funday" party at the Mosaic that was supposed to have started last month?

I saw the "DTOX" ad in this month's "Envy" and was a surprised by it. I might go just to check it out. Strictly for research of course.

Just a note of caution for anyone considering buying/living at the Mosaic. I attended a function along with many others last July. My car and another attendee had our cars broken into. Granted these things happen, though a resident who witnessed the break-ins said it happens all the time in the area as there are/were no security measures in place. What has happened (or should I say NOT) has very much disappointed me and made me leary of the people who run it, especially one of the principals, Ken Manfredi. I was told by their PR person to submit my invoice for getting my broken window replaced and Ken would personally make sure I would be reimbursed. After submitting my invoice TWICE, several unreturned phone calls and emails later, I have yet to receive any word, much less reimbursement. I chose the most inexpensive glass company so not to be greedy (the range was from $175-$550). I wanted to make sure to spread the word as it definitely left a sour taste in my mouth from their "people." I believe a person is as good as their word which clearly is anything but true.

Just a note of caution for anyone considering buying/living at the Mosaic. I attended a function along with many others last July. My car and another attendee had our cars broken into. Granted these things happen, though a resident who witnessed the break-ins said it happens all the time in the area as there are/were no security measures in place. What has happened (or should I say NOT) has very much disappointed me and made me leary of the people who run it, especially one of the principals, Ken Manfredi. I was told by their PR person to submit my invoice for getting my broken window replaced and Ken would personally make sure I would be reimbursed. After submitting my invoice TWICE, several unreturned phone calls and emails later, I have yet to receive any word, much less reimbursement. I chose the most inexpensive glass company so not to be greedy (the range was from $175-$550). I wanted to make sure to spread the word as it definitely left a sour taste in my mouth from their "people." I believe a person is as good as their word which clearly is anything but true.

I think the PR person was just being diplomatic and/or trying to avoid any immediate confrontation. Now, I can certainly sympathize with having windows busted out, but I

That does suck about your car, however, but that's living in the city.

Yep. I've got a buddy who just got a place close to the corner of Kirby and Alabama, and he is having major problems with cars being broken into. Especially if there their parked in the street.