The Pointe At Bayou Bend: Affordable Housing At 800 Middle St.

BeerNut

• 3 weeks later...

Work has started, crew is creating an equipment entrance at Freund St. at Middle St. Which I think is a bad place to put it since all the streets are tiny and everyone parks on the narrow streets. They should create an entrance on Kennedy St. at Middle St. since it's a straight shot in to the property.

jv3GDDE.jpg

Pin drop is where they are creating the entrance.

E8ZYEhf.jpg

OARrZBy.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

So I talked with the NRP site superintendent, he said it will have a precast parking structure using a crawler crane to assemble. The apartments actually have a name, "The Point at Bayou Bend". At some point they will doing sewer and water hooks up that will require closing Middle St. to traffic. He said they will be having up to 200 trucks a day bringing material to the site. 

zrm7oqD.jpg

GZOUyc6.jpg

• Like 6

So...I know nothing...and I love infill and affordable housing and housing in general and hate wasted space and the sprawl it leads to...but uh...can somebody just convince me that I shouldn't be worried about flooding when it comes to this, East River, the one across Jensen from East River, Warehouse District, etc.?

2 minutes ago, 004n063 said:

I shouldn't be worried about flooding when it comes to this, East River, the one across Jensen from East River, Warehouse District, etc.?

None of these places flooded during Harvey which was the bellwether to judge projects in the area.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, hindesky said:

This poor concrete truck got stuck cutting the corner too short. Luckily he had already dropped off the concrete.

pGYfTZK.jpg

That's never a good thing. There was an 18 wheeler that did that somewhere near the Heights a few years ago and lost a wheel on the trailer that ended up killing someone

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to The Bend At EaDo Multifamily

The one we have been posting as "800 Middle" is actually the "Point at Bayou Bend" according to the NRP Group site superintendent I talked with. I wonder if that is the one you are referring to?

Bayou at the Bend that OHT is building across Jensen St. was at one point going to be called the Bend at Eado when Block Company was bidding on it.

s15qkGF.png

58 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Not sure if there is a topic for this but a development right across from East River is going up called The Bend at Eado. It actually surprised me because I was hoping that land would be developed soon.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1