Gloria's Latin Cuisine At 2616 Louisiana St.

fatesdisastr

We ate there once.....the waiter could barely bothered to give us a drink and chips -- he actually never came back to see if we wanted a second drink....we had to ask the manager for the check....and the place was almost empty so it wasn't like he was busy -- never went back...

My girlfriend and I had similar experiences twice. Mexican food in midtown doesn't seem to have staying power.

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone. i've been a lurker a long time on here, and finally decided to register. i live in midtown, and walk by ruby's a lot. what are they doing to that building. it is completely stripped down, and almost demolished. just thought i would see if anyone had an update. thanks.

Love El Xuxo Xicana.

Damn. It's going bye bye also. At least it won't be the same.

http://www.29-95.com...wns-xuco-xicana

Hard to believe people in mid town will flock to a mediocre mexican restaurant like Cyclone Anaya's but not patronize XX. Might as well live in the suburbs where chain restaurants rule.

Edited by Fringe

Hard to believe people in mid town will flock to a mediocre mexican restaurant like Cyclone Anaya's but not patronize XX. Might as well live in the suburbs where chain restaurants rule.

We went there twice -- the food was terrible the first time (cold and tasted strange) -- we actually weren't charged as the waiter agreed with us....second time was better but not memorable. Been to Cyclone's many times and have never had a bad meal.....their seafood enchiladas rock

• Like 1

We went there twice -- the food was terrible the first time (cold and tasted strange) -- we actually weren't charged as the waiter agreed with us....second time was better but not memorable. Been to Cyclone's many times and have never had a bad meal.....their seafood enchiladas rock

Same here. We went on a saturday evening around 9 and it was dead. There was only 3 other tables in the whole place. Food was on par with El Rey on Westheimer... disgusting.

• 2 weeks later...

I live a block away and went there a few times. The food was pretty good but everything else about this place was obnoxious. The logo is awful, the aluminum addition looks cheap, and the tables were wobbly and sticky.

I'm sure nobody here will agree with me but they should put in a Freebirds or Chipotle type of restaurant. I'd go there at least once per week. There are simply too many sit down restaurants in the area, especially Mexican. The Midtown young and busy demographic needs more quick, healthy food restaurants. I don't know why nobody has thought of opening a semi fast food burrito joint.

Same here. We went on a saturday evening around 9 and it was dead. There was only 3 other tables in the whole place. Food was on par with El Rey on Westheimer... disgusting.

this place was horrible. went once. packaged tortilla shells were used for their crispy tacos. rice was dried out. no thanks

Ate at Gloria's while in the DFW area this last weekend. I give it two thumbs up. It's kind of like a combination of Churrascos and Pappasitos. Margarita's were muy bien. At the one we dined they clear the tables out at 10 and have Salsa dancing. Don't know if the Houston location will do the same. Looking forward to it coming here. Nice to have something just a little different from all the regular TexMex places.

• 7 years later...
1 hour ago, HNathoo said:

Plans were submitted for an expansion to Gloria's in midtown, located at 2616 Louisiana.

Anyone know details? Seems like they would have to tear it down and go vertical in order to get to 28k sq ft.

It seems more likely that they would take over the space vacated by Bar Munich.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Purdueenginerd said:

image.png.ad2d2be340b4d2db486d703171893953.png

The entire building is about 10k sq feet. 

Just looked up the lot on HCAD, and it's only 23,749, so they must be going up. 

They are also now in the market based parking area, so they could axe some of their current parking. 

Edit: Building sq ft listed as 10,300, so you were basically right on. 

Edited by wilcal
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/26/2019 at 1:24 PM, HNathoo said:

Plans were submitted for an expansion to Gloria's in midtown, located at 2616 Louisiana.

Anyone know details? Seems like they would have to tear it down and go vertical in order to get to 28k sq ft.

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 11.18.57 AM.png

It appears the square footage in their filing was a typo. CultureMap Houston is reporting 2,800 sqft addition, which is more in line with the Bar Munich takeover I was imagining.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/01-31-20-glorias-latin-cuisine-midtown-location-closed-remodeling/

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Ruby Tequila's Restaurant In Midtown
  • The title was changed to Bar Munich At 2616 Louisiana St.