Haven At Elgin: Student Housing High-Rise At 3719 Elgin St.

Urbannizer

16 hours ago, hindesky said:

I have been asked for money, if I know a lawyer so a crack head can sue a music video producer for stealing his idea  for a rap video and if I'm FBI surveying drug sales. 🤷‍♂️😎👮‍♂️💵🕵️‍♂️

If it's a regular, I offer them a granola bar.

If it's someone I don't recognize, lately I've been trying out the response, "No way, man — you're a cop!"  So far the response has been mostly confusion. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, editor said:

If it's a regular, I offer them a granola bar.

My wife used to have this thing where she always carried those prepacked snack sized bags of baby carrots with her (don't ask).

I remember when we were still students at UH she would offer them to the regulars. The looks on their faces were always priceless. Never understood why no one accepted the baby carrots.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Evidently you’re a man who wears many hats, hindesky 😂

On 5/16/2023 at 4:11 PM, hindesky said:

I found a new launching spot but I have to keep my head on a swivel. At three other spots I have used, I have been asked for money, if I know a lawyer so a crack head can sue a music video producer for stealing his idea  for a rap video and if I'm FBI surveying drug sales. 🤷‍♂️😎👮‍♂️💵🕵️‍♂️

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 11:17 PM, quietstorm said:

Is this common? Our niece and several of her friends were affected. They were offered $500/week or two months free rent and are being housed if needed in the UH Hilton. 

Yes, it happens pretty much every year. Their construction time lines are woefully inadequate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/housing/2023/09/01/461151/high-rise-near-university-of-houston-remains-under-construction-leaving-student-tenants-displaced/

"School started Aug. 21 at the University of Houston, where Dominique Jordan is attending classes in person for the first time after completing coursework virtually as a freshman last year. Her plan was to move in two days beforehand at a new high-rise apartment complex next to the campus, the Haven at Elgin.

But on Aug. 17, two days before her scheduled move-in date, Jordan said she received an email from the property management company saying the building was not ready and move-in would need to be pushed back to this Thursday. That did not happen either, though, with Jordan saying she was informed Wednesday that there would be another delay."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"An 18-year-old was charged with murder Friday in connection with the death of a 16-year-old who attempted an armed robbery before his death earlier in December, according to court records.

The 16-year-old was found shot in an elevator of a high-rise building on Dec. 12, according to Houston Police Department officials. The boy was pronounced dead on the scene at the Haven at Elgin apartment complex near the University of Houston and Texas Southern University campuses. 

New records show that the 16-year-old was attempting an armed robbery of two men, who shot the boy in defense and ran from the scene. One later arrived at a hospital with a gunshot wound, police said."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/crime/article/man-charged-death-16-year-old-attempted-armed-18582775.php

College students are the poorest people to steal from, these idiots deserved every thing coming to them. 

hindesky

• Like 3

On 12/13/2023 at 7:29 AM, HoustonMidtown said:

On 12/30/2023 at 6:44 PM, hindesky said:

18 hours ago, hindesky said:

College students are the poorest people to steal from, these idiots deserved every thing coming to them. 

hindesky

The reporting was sort of strange. The very first report makes references to "man found shot/killed in elevator," only to then learn that the deceased was actually "only" 16 years old (a minor).

• 2 weeks later...