X Houston: Residential High-Rise At 5501 La Branch St.

Urbannizer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, LosFeliz said:

I hate this thing. If it were downtown, uptown, or TMC it would bother me much less but the Museum District has a much more human scale than those other areas filled with massive garages and wide streets. The garage mahauling of Houston spreads. 

At least in this case, I think the garage being particularly obnoxious is intentional.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 10:49 AM, LosFeliz said:

I hate this thing. If it were downtown, uptown, or TMC it would bother me much less but the Museum District has a much more human scale than those other areas filled with massive garages and wide streets. The garage mahauling of Houston spreads. 

The human scale is what makes the Museum District more homey than the Montrose anymore.  I don’t agree with those on here who say the Museum District is the best lifestyle Texas has to offer, but it’s a domesticated urban life under live oaks we can all recognize as Southeast Texan, and there’s more to see and do than in similar neighborhoods in our smaller cities and towns with similar streetscapes.

Calumet and Crawford are two of the widest streets/boulevards that intersect, so at least X is perched at that wide spot in the public rights of way.  Two of these adjoining corners are being marketed by JLL now with for sale signs up, if I saw right.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...