X Houston: Residential High-Rise At 5501 La Branch St.

Urbannizer

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

It seems more and more architects can only be bothered to design half a building. I wish i could go to work and only do half my job, take a crap in my bosses office, and then get a pay raise to boot. 

Most architects would love to "finish" the design, but have to value engineer everything into the developer's budget, not to mention accommodate Houston's insane parking requirements that created that 10-level CMU wall.

I'm sure there's an earlier design somewhere that was more complete

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

spacer.png

x chicago

spacer.png

x miami

spacer.png

x denver #1

spacer.png

x denver #2

spacer.png

x phoenix

spacer.png

spacer.png

x houston

^^^ considering the very fact that we in houston... have to DAMN NEAR HOG TIE a decent and reputable developer to construct something of endearing quality within our fair city, i'm finding it increasingly mind-boggling... trying in earnest to comprehend this very strange and burgeoning pessimism... towards the construction of this brand spanking new X HOUSTON?  yes, of course, they may have deviated a small bit from the actual initial renderings/concepts in regards to the ALL GLASS middle portion of the edifice.  however, are we really all that SHOCKED about this?  heck, they all deviate to some degree whether financially or construction resources-wise.  thanks to our few MAGNIFICENT HAIF PHOTOGRAPHERS, we have all been kept highly abreast of this ongoing construction of the X HOUSTON, and if there is one thing that we can all agree on, (i guess) is the simple fact that this newest development is being constructed with extreme high-quality resources and details.  unfortunately, we were not presented with the FINAL RENDERINGS/CONCEPTS before they actually started construction of this edifice.  therefore, we really do not know just what final outcome of this edifice is going to look like.  however, i'm not about to start placing some strange pessimistic curse on it.  i'm just very happy that the X developers thought enough of our fair city to even give us a chance.  whereby, so many other developers do not think twice about houston. (heck, it's almost as if we really do not exist in this world... considering that houston is supposedly the FOURTH LARGEST CITY IN AMERICA... right?)  heck, the X developers could have chose dallas (they probably will someday) they could have chose austin (they probably will someday) get the picture?  however, for now, THEY CHOSE OUR FAIR CITY OF HOUSTON, and i'm forever grateful.  i cannot wait to focus upon the final outcome of this HUGE BURGEONING STRUCTURE.  X marks the spot... let's go...   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2023 at 1:09 PM, monarch said:

spacer.png

x chicago

spacer.png

x miami

spacer.png

x denver #1

spacer.png

x denver #2

spacer.png

x phoenix

spacer.png

spacer.png

x houston

^^^ considering the very fact that we in houston... have to DAMN NEAR HOG TIE a decent and reputable developer to construct something of endearing quality within our fair city, i'm finding it increasingly mind-boggling... trying in earnest to comprehend this very strange and burgeoning pessimism... towards the construction of this brand spanking new X HOUSTON?  yes, of course, they may have deviated a small bit from the actual initial renderings/concepts in regards to the ALL GLASS middle portion of the edifice.  however, are we really all that SHOCKED about this?  heck, they all deviate to some degree whether financially or construction resources-wise.  thanks to our few MAGNIFICENT HAIF PHOTOGRAPHERS, we have all been kept highly abreast of this ongoing construction of the X HOUSTON, and if there is one thing that we can all agree on, (i guess) is the simple fact that this newest development is being constructed with extreme high-quality resources and details.  unfortunately, we were not presented with the FINAL RENDERINGS/CONCEPTS before they actually started construction of this edifice.  therefore, we really do not know just what final outcome of this edifice is going to look like.  however, i'm not about to start placing some strange pessimistic curse on it.  i'm just very happy that the X developers thought enough of our fair city to even give us a chance.  whereby, so many other developers do not think twice about houston. (heck, it's almost as if we really do not exist in this world... considering that houston is supposedly the FOURTH LARGEST CITY IN AMERICA... right?)  heck, the X developers could have chose dallas (they probably will someday) they could have chose austin (they probably will someday) get the picture?  however, for now, THEY CHOSE OUR FAIR CITY OF HOUSTON, and i'm forever grateful.  i cannot wait to focus upon the final outcome of this HUGE BURGEONING STRUCTURE.  X marks the spot... let's go...   

100%.

I, for one, am especially happy to see something other than another glass box. I think this latest render looks great. I love the glass band in the middle. And the top-heavy juxtaposition of the white tower at the top and naked garage at the bottom makes it look a little punk modern. I really hope they don't skimp on the lighting. The early renders had some colored LED bands delineating the different sections, and it looked really sharp in my opinion.

I really think this adds a lot to the Museum District "skyline." It absolutely dominates your view driving along Binz.

I like it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, aachor said:

100%.

I, for one, am especially happy to see something other than another glass box. I think this latest render looks great. I love the glass band in the middle. And the top-heavy juxtaposition of the white tower at the top and naked garage at the bottom makes it look a little punk modern. I really hope they don't skimp on the lighting. The early renders had some colored LED bands delineating the different sections, and it looked really sharp in my opinion.

I really think this adds a lot to the Museum District "skyline." It absolutely dominates your view driving along Binz.

I like it.

^^^ i wholeheartedly concur.  from the very moment that i first laid eyes upon the initial rendering/concept of the X HOUSTON... i was stunned.  IMO, this particular design was simply perfect for the museum district with its eclectic and very contemporary all-glass middle portion... along with the aforementioned LED lighting effect delineating the upper and bottom sections.

i would be completely SHOCKED if they decide to skimp on the LED design effect.  this particular design adds a bit of life and momentum to the overall edifice itself.  not to mention, that LED lighting design seems to somehow compliment the museum district with its uniqueness and modern style.

oh, and by the way @aachor you now have me HOOKED on the term "delineating"... well played...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, monarch said:

^^^ i wholeheartedly concur.  from the very moment that i first laid eyes upon the initial rendering/concept of the X HOUSTON... i was stunned.  IMO, this particular design was simply perfect for the museum district with its eclectic and very contemporary all-glass middle portion... along with the aforementioned LED lighting effect delineating the upper and bottom sections.

i would be completely SHOCKED if they decide to skimp on the LED design effect.  this particular design adds a bit of life and momentum to the overall edifice itself.  not to mention, that LED lighting design seems to somehow compliment the museum district with its uniqueness and modern style.

oh, and by the way @aachor you now have me HOOKED on the term "delineating"... well played...

The middle portion is being covered with that yellow material, so it may not be all glass like in the rendering.