Vertigo58

5 hours ago, hindesky said:

I think he is including the top section which will have the utilities, chillers/ac units, top of the elevator core. I still believe the apartments will rise to 42 floors and the top section is for the utilities.

That's the same height as the nearby AIG/Core Bridge building right? Will be great to start seeing some height outside of the core Downtown buildings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrFubbles said:

What should we call it? I think it's time we split it from Montrose

Shepherd/ Waugh/ West Gray/ Allen parkway= Shwaugral District or the SWAP District....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/8/2024 at 12:05 PM, shasta said:

You add 45 stories full of  residents  to all of the other residential and mixed use towers in this area and could be seeing the district bordered by Shepherd/ West Gray/ Waugh / Allen Parkway becoming the a really unified pedestrian friendly district built for human scale.

The map is filling out nicely and there are still a number of projects on the board!

Plus,  there are more lots in this district to build a Super Urban District.

Developers seem to be targeting this district:

image.png.d2f658f78de39d941be0e16ef4abdfeb.png

Houston doesn’t build residential towers taller than low 40s.

I've never liked Midtown, Neartown, Uptown etc. they sound soulless 

What about naming it after Allen parkway? South Buffalo sounds cool too

If Autry Park is named after Gene Autry then it's a no brainer 😅

• Like 3

I was just going south down Durham from Washington Avenue, and when you come up over the bridge at Buffalo Bayou, and look towards the downtown that is an amazing view with all of the mid to high rises going down Allen Parkway and all of the other new and under construction mid to high rises that fill up the space. Its really pretty stupendous.

You can see the new tower going up on Waugh and the X in the background. It's really beginning to have some density of high rise buildings from that view. Id love to see some drone images from that location looking east and southeast of Shepherd and Memorial drive. Hint to Hindesky!! 

Buffalo Bend

• Like 5