Dallas's Victory Project Vs. HPavilions/East Downtown Development

Dallas Victory Project VS Houston Pavilions  

117 members have voted

1. 1. which will be hotter

• Dallas Victory
    • Houston Pavilions

There are at least 17 other cranes up within a half mile radius from this site. Many of them are just a few blocks away.

There weren't at least 17 other cranes up within a half-mile radius from that site when I was there last.

Prove it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There weren't at least 17 other cranes up within a half-mile radius from that site when I was there last.

Prove it.

Let's make it interesting. If I can prove it, will you forever stop posting in this thread?

Edited by 713 To 214

I believe him. Like i said though, it's probably the cranes finishing up construction from a long time ago. But for the skeptical ones, maybe some pics might actually do some justice for proving his claim.

713/214, people are not going to stop posting in this thread. This thread is a way to keep current on both projects, both status, both impact they're making on each downtown. Just because your Victory is slowing down, there's no need to discontinue posting in this thread. This thread is pushing 1,000 replies. I'd say it has good reason to keep going! :P

I believe him. . . This thread is pushing 1,000 replies. I'd say it has good reason to keep going! :P

Can't argue with you there. I'm just having fun. However, you should talk to the pedant about making comments when he doesn't have all of the facts. It could get embarrasing

i'm with niche. i was just there this weekend

Sounds like 713/214 is pulling an 0-fer. First he could not produce all of those articles he claimed said Houston was a hellhole. Now, he cannot prove that Dallas is not shutting down.

Add in the ice storm they are getting right now, and...as they say...sucks to be you. :lol:

Let's make it interesting. If I can prove it, will you forever stop posting in this thread?

For the record, I haven't been posting very much on this thread, only even started contributing 326 posts into it, at which time I complimented Dallasites on the size of their city's phallis. I also voted for Victory (although at the time it was more of a Victory vs. HP, not east Downtown). Most of my other posts were either complimentary to Victory, informative in nature, or more often than not, off on a tangent.

I'm not sure that this bet of yours offers you the chance for a win. Either you lose face or you lose a Victory-lover from this thread. In any case, I'll take the bet.

Show me 17 or more cranes within this circle:

deleteimmediatelyvx1.png

Add in the ice storm they are getting right now, and...as they say...sucks to be you. :lol:

Ice storm? I suppose I could see how you'd make this mistake given the media likes to hype things and they don't bother elaborating on the urban Dallas heat island because you likely know to factor it in if you live here. In any case, here's the 5:55pm report from WFAA, at which time the precip is gone:

5:55p D-FW has officially picked up one inch of snow. In Cooke County, there has been seven to nine inches of snow. The city of Dallas didn't see a flake. It's just been rain.

I doubt you'll see that in the news. My wife enjoyed spending the afternoon with our son because of rain.

Off topic...

For what it's worth my wife and I counted 19 cranes not long ago along that stretch but that included the pile in the arts district and just to the southwest of the House near the courthouse. It appears the cranes are now migrating to uptown more than Victory. I'm sure it's more than a half mile, at 60mph you go that far in a blink.

Jason

P.S. Dallasscaper. I believe there are only 12 cranes in that shot, what you're seeing is Justin had a stitching error. I think there's another right next to the half-hidden one on the right though, but I haven't taken pics in a while to compare.

Edited by JasonDFW

Well, at least we can all agree that we probably won't be seeing any more cranes going up at Victory Fort any time soon. And more than likely those same cranes will be migrating from uptown Dallas to Uptown Houston, to Downtown Houston, and to the Medical Center in the not too distant future. :P

Well, at least we can all agree that we probably won't be seeing any more cranes going up at Victory Fort any time soon.

I think we'll be seeing the cranes for the museum on time, and I would be kind of surprised if we didn't see an announcement for Two Victory Tower once One victory is complete. (no claims inside information on that, just opinion) But as far as residential cranes, I doubt any will show up, especially with the stuff in the works a few blocks to the north closer to the Azure. I guess at this point there isn't much space left except for surface lots. Frankly, just to the north is a more appealing place to live, and I'd let VP attempt to fill up with restaurants etc.. from demand from people at places like One Victory Tower instead of residents.

Jason

Well, at least we can all agree that we probably won't be seeing any more cranes going up at Victory Fort any time soon. And more than likely those same cranes will be migrating from uptown Dallas to Uptown Houston, to Downtown Houston, and to the Medical Center in the not too distant future. :P

I'm quite sure Dallas will require the use of those cranes for some time, not that Houston has any need for them. :)

Prepare for the hordes of rubberneckers and fanny packs: Looks like we have the kiss of death for VP coolness. From the page 18 of the Southern Living magazine "get inspired" spread, March issue:

" *To explore*

What's New: Victory Plaza, Dallas

Get a taste of Times Square with a Lone Star accent at the hot new gathering spot between uptown and downtown in Big D. Located along i-35 East, just north of the West End Historic District, it is part of a forward-thinking mixed-use development anchored by the American Airlines Center and the W Dallas Victory Hotel. Victory Plaza boasts 11 huge, high-def LED screens, which give the site a decidedly hip feel. Look up, and you might see the news, a sporting event, or even a changing exhibit of digital art."

(bold their's)

I'm sort of breathless with excitement, but wait! According to the next "get inspired" story, I can order the heirloom seeds from Monticello, and grow tobacco just like Thomas Jefferson!

Edited by crunchtastic

I'm sort of breathless with excitement, but wait! According to the next "get inspired" story, I can order the heirloom seeds from Monticello, and grow tobacco just like Thomas Jefferson!

That would be so cool! When you're ready to pick your tabacky, we could have a HAIF gathering in your backyard and sing 'Amazing Grace' and 'Swing Low Sweet Chariot' while we pick the leaves.

It's been said that Victory only has 700 residents. It was suppose to have almost 7,000 by this time.

If Ross Perot really thought he was going to have 7,000 residents by this time, than this is his reality check, I bet.

That would be so cool! When you're ready to pick your tabacky, we could have a HAIF gathering in your backyard and sing 'Amazing Grace' and 'Swing Low Sweet Chariot' while we pick the leaves.

Huh?? I just meant that if a magazine whose readership skews to older and dowdier than Martha Stewart has called out something as hip and cool.....ok nevermind. There really was an article about Monticello tobacco seeds right underneath it.

Edited by crunchtastic

If Ross Perot really thought he was going to have 7,000 residents by this time, than this is his reality check, I bet.

Ross Perot never said that Victory would have 7,000 residents by 2008 - I don't know what Trae is talking about. If I recall right, RP said that Victory would take 10 - 15 years to build out. I might be wrong, but the original price tag for Victory is $3 billion; including the AAC, Hillwood has developed, maybe 1/3 of that.

Uptown, which Victory is not part of, is booming and will continue to do so until they either run out of land or developers drive the market into the ground. Neither of those scenarios has happened yet. Sorry! :(

Ross Perot never said that Victory would have 7,000 residents by 2008 - I don't know what Trae is talking about. If I recall right, RP said that Victory would take 10 - 15 years to build out. I might be wrong, but the original price tag for Victory is $3 billion; including the AAC, Hillwood has developed, maybe 1/3 of that.

Uptown, which Victory is not part of, is booming and will continue to do so until they either run out of land or developers drive the market into the ground. Neither of those scenarios has happened yet. Sorry! :(

Well, there are a lot of people at Dallas Metropolis making up things then.

Edited by Trae

I think there are only about 9 buildings under construction in uptown Dallas. Some of those buildings have 2 or more cranes just working on one building. That makes the claim of 17 cranes even more misleading. Typical Dallas hype, no substance.

Take your pictures now Dallasonians, those cranes won't be there much longer. :P

Whatever... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

713 to 214, you might owe me a beer before this is done.

Here's the photo showing 16 cranes. I make no claim that they fall within 1/2 mile, or that they match all of Mister X's criteria for what counts as a crane. :)

Count'em and weep.

ForMusicman.jpg

Well, there are a lot of people at Dallas Metropolis making up things then.

Indeed. If you are going to start quoting total strangers from a message board, I suggest that to validate that what they are saying before spreading their conjecture to other boards. It's your credibility, do what you want, but how do you know you aren't getting your information from a 12 year old or a drunk?