117 members have voted

1. 1. which will be hotter

• Dallas Victory
    • Houston Pavilions

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 28 yrs old....is that old enough? :huh: And just for the record....The Dallas Metyroplex IS the Power house of texas....go look it up.

Where can I find this information Dallasboi? I tried googling it and there's no declared winner. Yes Dallas/Ft Worth probably is the powerhouse of North Texas but Houston serves as a Powerhouse for South and Southeast Texas. Our Port of Houston serves as a major artery for goods coming in and out of the state so i think that's enough to say that Houston has a strong hold on this state!

But what does that have to do with the title of the thread anyway? Nothing. I think some people on here need to ease up on Victory a little. What if we hit an economic slowdown? I'm thinking some of us could be jinxing ourselves. Be careful!

Age requirement? Me too! Anyone that is so immature or over the hill that they start taking this stuff seriously should not be allowed to make post. This is a Hou vs. Dal pissing contest thread. It's was doomed before it began. Let's face it, people don't come here to discuss medical research or the fine points of modern architecture. It's going to get silly at times. Very silly. Unfunny, Jerry Lewis style, grown men acting like babies, silly.

What do you expect to read on this thread by now? It's 22 pages of nothing but comparing genitals and counting cranes. Did you think you'd wake up today and finally know which project is indeed 'hotter' for downtown? - as the title of this thread suggest.

I come here expecting Dallasites to tell us how much better their toilets flush compared to Houston's or that their businesses use a higher quality paper to print their 'going out of business' signs on. If you think you are going to get anything on this thread that you can use for something other than a cheap laugh, you are really fooling yourself.

Some of you guys take this stuff way too seriously.

Edited by Mister X

I am 28 yrs old....is that old enough? :huh: And just for the record....The Dallas Metyroplex IS the Power house of texas....go look it up.

Maybe the Metyroplex is a powerhouse of something, but not Texas. I think HAIF is the powerhouse of the metyroplex (whatever that is).

Where can I find this information Dallasboi? I tried googling it and there's no declared winner. Yes Dallas/Ft Worth probably is the powerhouse of North Texas but Houston serves as a Powerhouse for South and Southeast Texas. Our Port of Houston serves as a major artery for goods coming in and out of the state so i think that's enough to say that Houston has a strong hold on this state!

But what does that have to do with the title of the thread anyway? Nothing. I think some people on here need to ease up on Victory a little. What if we hit an economic slowdown? I'm thinking some of us could be jinxing ourselves. Be careful!

I actually got that info off of this exact forum....i will find it and copy and paste it...........I know houston is a very important part of Texas.....But there are other places...in Tx... that are just as, or even more important.......Thats all I ever try to point out. :rolleyes:

Kiss my seaport!

You're silly Dallasboi. Houston is the powerhouse of Texas, not Dallas. Please get it right next time. Dallas only gives Houston a run for the money when it comes to building very forgettable, boring mid-rises and retractable roof football stadiums.

And BTW, I'll probably check out HOB a few times too. There are enuf restaurants to keep me going back pretty often. But forget about me, those downtown workers will be keeping HP busy during the days. Unlike Victory, where people have to walk half a mile to get to a lot of nuthin', HP will be in the CENTER of DT Houston, a convenience to hund/reds of thousands on a daily basis.

Game Over. We won. :P

:lol: what did y'guys win exactly?.........a House of blues(we already have it)....a skybridge(oh boy No one has one of these!)...uhhh.....lets see.....oh!..A bowling alley........Whooo Hoo!!!...what a mix-use development......Another Town center.

Metroplex sounds so 80's

Houston Has alot of 80's stuff....which is not a bad thing......... :o

Is the Metyroplex an energy plant? I've never heard of it. Sounds impressive if it's the powerhouse of Texas.

Thats cute :P

:lol: what did y'guys win exactly?.........a House of blues(we already have it)[cool]....a skybridge(oh boy No one has one of these!) [ambiance ;)] ...uhhh.....lets see.....oh!..A bowling alley[but it's a cool bowling alley, and it's in the heart of downtown :)]........Whooo Hoo!!!...what a mix-use development......Another Town center [again, in the heart of downtown].

I'm still waiting on dallasboi to reply to my question i asked in post #1058 but since he obviously isn't, i'll call B/S on his claim and move on.

So, what's new at Victory?

Im sure u dont want to keep tabs on a big FAILURE like Victory Park.....I mean.....u have the Houston Pavillons to keep u on your toes right?...Victory is shutting everything down as we speak...I heard that they have already started removing the top floor of the W to dismantle the whole district...Its such a failure that they decided to remove the residential portion of it so it can be on par with smaller developments in which it is compared....Victory is very much a failure tho.....we havent a bowling alley to get people down there and shop and enjoy story time at a bookstore that Victory does not have....I guess I'll be at The Houston Pavillions all the time....It has EVERYTHING!!!!! :D

Edited by Dallasboi

Im sure u dont want to keep tabs on a big FAILURE like Victory Park.....I mean.....u have the Houston Pavillons to keep u on your toes right?...Victory is shutting everything down as we speak...I heard that they have already started removing the top floor of the W to dismantle the whole district...Its such a failure that they decided to remove the residential portion of it so it can be on par with smaller developments in which it is compared....Victory is very much a failure tho.....we havent a bowling alley to get people down there and shop and enjoy story time at a bookstore that Victory does not have....I guess I'll be at The Houston Pavillions all the time....It has EVERYTHING!!!!! :D

I'm not saying anything against Victory. I never said that i think Victory has flopped, failed, or shutting down. It's just going to take longer to be completed than anticipated.

The mesage you're replying to was regarding my question calling you out on your claim saying Dallas/Ft.Worth being the powerhouse of Texas. Victory had nothing to do with it. Asking what was new at Victory was my attempt to get the topic back on track.

I think you need to get out of Dallas for awhile, Dallasboi. It sounds like you are having a breakdown or something. Victory may be a boring place with nothing fun to do (just like you have described for us) but there is no need to give yourself an aneurism over it.

A cool, trendy, retro bowling alley and a plaza full of entertained, happy people in an inviting, friendly, happy atmosphere may be just the thing you need to get over this bad patch. Since you won't find one in Dallas, you better save up your gas money, Houston is only 250 miles away. See you in October!

Until then... Stick a pacifier in it and quit being a baby about it!

Easy there Mr. X. This thread has gone hilarious. I hope the mods know that we all are just having fun since they're probably contemplating closing it now.

I always wanted to stay at least one night in Victory. Probably in the W hotel. But until i win the lottery or something, i know that won't be happening soon.

Good point Tierwestah.

Hey everybody, I'm just having fun with our favorite lovable nemesis, Dallasboi. Please, no one get their pantys in an 'untangle-able' wad. It's all in fun. I know Victory will not be torn down THIS week. :P

Edited by Mister X

You Dallas guys are so jealous of what's going on in Downtown Houston it isn't even funny. I guess it's like sex, they say if you aren't getting any - you gotta make a joke about it. And Downtown Dallas defiantly ain't getting any!

...anything sexy like HP, Discovery Park, a new 46 story tower or a new soccer stadium, that is.

HA! HA!

I think you need to get out of Dallas for awhile, Dallasboi. It sounds like you are having a breakdown or something. Victory may be a boring place with nothing fun to do (just like you have described for us) but there is no need to give yourself an aneurism over it.

A cool, trendy, retro bowling alley and a plaza full of entertained, happy people in an inviting, friendly, happy atmosphere may be just the thing you need to get over this bad patch. Since you won't find one in Dallas, you better save up your gas money, Houston is only 250 miles away. See you in October!

Until then... Stick a pacifier in it and quit being a baby about it!

Mister X I've lived in Houston for Two years of my life.....I've seen a good bit of Houston and I liked it alot when I lived there.It was very different from home and I think thats what made it kinda interesting.........However.......since I have seen both cities enuff to feel at home in both......I feel that my judgement is fair when I say that houston needs to step its game up..........Now don't get me wrong....Im not saying that Dallas is on top of its game in everything but for it to be on par with the 4th largest city in the U.S...That says alot for Dallas........Its not one category that Houston blows dallas away in.....And I really think it should..........I can honestly say that with Dallas being #9 on the list......every city thats below it(#10 down)cannot compare....Houston cant say that because every city below it,all the way to #10(except SA.TX)Gives Houston a run for it's money(quality of life Categories).....and Houston simply cant compare to any city above it(Top 3)...So to sum everything up I think Houston,being in the top 4...should be on par with the top 4.........lil ole Dallas should be eating H-Towns dust...IN EVERYTHING.........Houston should have his boot on the forehead of Dallas.............but thats simply not the case.. ;):rolleyes::D Thats just my 2 pennies.. :rolleyes: