Montrose Mining Company At 805 Pacific St.

dbigtex56

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I noticed there isn’t enough parking lot  for employees.Someone must have told them to park in neighborhood. Unfortunately, didn’t warn them to not park too close to stop signs or fire hydrants........neighbors are fairly predictable to call tow trucks for that. I think it might have been a character building experience for a few waitstaff.

Went to JRs last night and there were a lot of people at Postinos. Don’t know if there was some event going on, or that’s just what a typical Thursday will look like there, but I was very impressed with the exterior and the way it blends well with the gayborhood. I was skeptical and worried. Just curious to see what the Saturday nights will look like. I’m putting my money on Rich’s taking over SoBe. If that happens then this will feel like it did in 2014! 

I actually went Saturday night and they were open to the public after all! It was bustling too! Such a cool cool cool place...i loved the vibe and think it adds so much to the area!!! Super nice people working there at the front door and bar. I definitely will be going back! 

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, gene said:

dang. these closures are upsetting enough but now robberies? omg....that is just pitiful. 

so sad.

wow

Agreed.  I wish I had more confidence in our city's leadership, including police department leadership.  I'm hearing way too many first-hand accounts of police taking ridiculous amounts of time to respond to true emergencies (e.g., 45+ minutes to respond to an active home invasion, with homeowners hiding in their home). Combined with the out-of-control homeless throughout downtown, midtown, Museum District etc, we're starting to have the feeling of an out-of-control city, and not in a good way.  I love all of the park projects and bike-lane projects and such, but if we don't take care of the basics, they will have been a huge waste of money.

2 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Agreed.  I wish I had more confidence in our city's leadership, including police department leadership.  I'm hearing way too many first-hand accounts of police taking ridiculous amounts of time to respond to true emergencies

Reported that three people had been seen entering  a vacant building. Would this qualify as an emergency? No, but it was time-sensitive. 
An hour later five police cars show up. They

got on their PA system, saying that they're the police and that anyone in the building should come out immediately.
Eventually two people came out. They were cuffed, and put in back  seats. None of the officers actually entered the building to see if there were others inside.
After about 15 minutes, the intruders were uncuffed  and let go. And then the five cars pulled up next to each other, and the officers chatted with each other for well over half an hour. Maybe forty minutes. 
I can understand why five officers would be a good idea if they were actually going into the building, or if they otherwise would have been outnumbered.  But that was not the case. 
I can understand why officers might need time to discuss what actions would be advisable, and that there is paperwork to attend to. But that was not the case.  

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Montrose Mining Company Building
  • The title was changed to Montrose Mining Company At 805 Pacific St.

Archived