Mandell Montrose: Condominiums At 2312 Commonwealth St.

Dakota79

the upper rendering has a very MADMAN (60's) feel to it, as per the exterior view.  but the interior view has a very SALVATORRE FERRAGAMO aura of glamour, sosphistication, and clean lines.  i'm loving the interior view.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The interior looks *very* cold. I think the marble in the kitchen is a mistake.

I'm surprised the walls are just standard drywall since they seem to playing with materials on the other surfaces. 

I'm all for clean and industrial, but this isn't quite industrial enough or "luxurious" enough. 

The interior looks *very* cold. I think the marble in the kitchen is a mistake.

I'm surprised the walls are just standard drywall since they seem to playing with materials on the other surfaces. 

I'm all for clean and industrial, but this isn't quite industrial enough or "luxurious" enough. 

It's just a rendering - they will offer whatever finishes the buyer wants - the light over the dining room table looks like an upside-down end table hanging from the ceiling !!

Great looking building -- all the units are 3 bedrooms (and expensive - $989,000 for top floor)....no 1BR/2BR less expensive units?  Maybe they know more about the demographics of that area than I do...but it seems they should have smaller units with the large 3BR as penthouse level...

HoustonMidtown brings up a good point, 3/2.5 units are atypical for the market right now and average unit sizes are creeping lower rather than higher.  This product type works for families but the lack of yard and eclecticism of Montrose seems to preclude that for some potential owners.  Some projects are aiming as high as 70% 1/1 distribution of the unit mix.

How will the parking work?  There should be at least 24 parking stalls at a minimum for the 12 units, not including visitors and facility management.  The single level doesn't seem like it's enough.

I'm skeptical of the project's feasibility...

HoustonMidtown brings up a good point, 3/2.5 units are atypical for the market right now and average unit sizes are creeping lower rather than higher. This product type works for families but the lack of yard and eclecticism of Montrose seems to preclude that for some potential owners. Some projects are aiming as high as 70% 1/1 distribution of the unit mix.

How will the parking work? There should be at least 24 parking stalls at a minimum for the 12 units, not including visitors and facility management. The single level doesn't seem like it's enough.

I'm skeptical of the project's feasibility...

My guess is they are going for the townhouse, not the apartment, market.

According to the article in the chronicle, this has a 2-level parking garage - although I don't see that on the rendering.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

On 6/19/2017 at 5:13 PM, Urbannizer said:

New 7-story, 24-unit condo named Mandell Montrose now proposed for the site. Sales center coming next month.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/06/19/luxury-condo-to-replace-canceled-project-in.html

Though Flats On Fairview met the sales goal, construction costs were too high for the developer. 

A luxury condominium is set to replace a canceled residential project in Montrose.

Midtown/Uptown Development Partners plans to build Mandell Montrose at 2312 Commonwealth St., near its intersection with Fairview Street a few blocks north of Westheimer Road.

Mandell Montrose, designed by Houston-based architect Mirador Group, will feature condo units averaging 2,400 square feet of living space in addition to outdoor balconies and terraces. Each floor of the building will have four units, and buyers can choose from four floor plans with views of downtown Houston, Midtown or the Museum District.

Sudhoff Cos., a Houston-based real estate firm marketing the project, is expected to open a sales center on site in July. Construction is expected to begin in summer 2018 with the first residents expected to move in fall 2019.

Bill Krewson, a partner with Midtown/Uptown Development Partners, said Mandell Montrose’s design was inspired by New York City’s Tribeca neighborhood, known for its modernist architecture. The Houston-based development firm has experience with master-planned communities, commercial shopping centers, gated communities and mixed-use developments around the world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Went to an opening sales party last night for the mid-rise going up on the corner of Commonwealth and Fairview. I believe this was the site of Corazon.

Met one of the developers who visited for a few minutes. It looks like a very nice project of roughly six floors on top of a garage. 

They will break ground once they have sold a percentage of the units. I believe he said there would be 26 units.

• 4 weeks later...

http://abc13.com/realestate/luxury-condominiums-set-to-break-ground-in-montrose/3181634/

The neighborhood of Montrose is making history with the announcement of its first luxury condominiums, set to break ground this summer.

Mandell Montrose located at 2312 Commonwealth, will offer 24 luxury condominium residences with seven stories and only four homes per floor.

52 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Then what's the building right next to it? Not condos?

If you are referring to the red brick building on the other side of Fairview, it is offices. An architecture firm and others are located there. 

There is a 5-story condo building a block or two away on Hyde Park that seem to be high end. But in reality it is probably not nearly as fancy.

• 2 months later...

Archived