La Colombe d'Or Hotel At 3410 Montrose Blvd.

Urbannizer

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ll imagine it made plenty of others on the job site nervous too!  Architects on here can probably attest to plenty of moments in their careers where they were reaffirmed in their choice to be the architect and not the builder.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is really a great shot.  Montrose blvd. needs to be turned into a beautiful promenade from Allen Parkway to the roundabout in Museum District ie from Aga Khan to MFAH.  It will be awesome watching this stretch continue to be lined with mid-rise and high-rise multifamily with hotels certainly not far behind.

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

This is really a great shot.  Montrose blvd. needs to be turned into a beautiful promenade from Allen Parkway to the roundabout in Museum District ie from Aga Khan to MFAH.  It will be awesome watching this stretch continue to be lined with mid-rise and high-rise multifamily with hotels certainly not far behind.

I agree 100% but there is currently no plan to redo this street. And Montrose Management District was disbanded; who probably had the best shot at getting something done.

I would love to see this street done up like Kirby. Problem is - How does it get done?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, EllenOlenska said:

Yeah, this is a nice building. 

It’s almost as if the 1-mile radius from the intersection of Montrose & Richmond is the most interesting 1-mile radius in town from a development perspective.

La Colombe d’Or, MFAH expansion, Rothko expansion, the new Menil drawing center, The Ion, Montrose Collective...

• Like 6

saw they planted those 4 palms in the courtyard to kinda form a little squared of area possibly for dining or events etc? looks nice and cannot wait to see this finished!

(in the photo above the palms are just behind that tree on the left of old main building...they are tied up in the photo but i saw them untied and there is a concrete square area that they surround)

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 6:34 PM, hindesky said:

You can really tell the difference in height of the 2 buildings from a distance, not much but about 2 or 3 stories.

IvBjURe.jpg

A developer needs to replace the Kroger with a building just few stories taller than La Colombe or just tall enough to block all their views in that direction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeerNut said:

A developer needs to replace the Kroger with a building just few stories taller than La Colombe or just tall enough to block all their views in that direction.

I feel like that Kroger’s days are numbered. Good riddance, I won’t miss it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1