Ivy Lofts: Condominium High-Rise At 2604 Leeland St.

I'm not going to say it's better or worse. My opinion is that the first drafts were a bit inelegant. This in a sense owns its inelegance, but's easier not to notice. 

All in all, from a certain distance it'll look nice and help even out views of downtown. From the top floors it'll have some great views. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sanjorade said:

That first unit is way too expensive for EaDo at this point.

I thought the second, much smaller unit, was the bigger problem.  $1,000,000 for a three-bedroom unit with what should be penthouse views is not beyond-the-pale, although I concede the square footage is less than one would expect at that price point.  However, I find it harder to justify pushing $159K for a 390 square foot studio without any remarkable features, when other larger units can be had for less also near to Downtown.

• Like 1

I agree. The project would be fantastic if it was built but the entire process has been so messy and all over the place now that I feel like it won't happen. Fingers crossed though! The new redesign looks good too but I liked the one before it better.

• Like 2

326 micro units.  Given Fannie Mae requirements for a condo project, the number of these that could be purchased by investors for lease will be limited.  How many presales will be needed to make the project go?  And how many people are willing to wait 2 years to move into a mini unit?  

On the other hand, the tiny house movement has grown by leaps and bounds.  Could these be appealing to that demographic?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sanjorade said:

Eado still doesn't have a real grocery store. What sense is there to put up a high rise??

Well, as the saying goes, retail follows rooftops, doesn't precede them. Yes it's a new frontier, but if it's built (and looks anything like the rendering), a grocery store will surely be coming to Eado.

I feel like having a tall new building in a neighborhood is sort of the green light for investment money in this part of the world. Makes the area seem legit. Midtown and Eado both seem to be on the cusp of getting theirs. Then again, it's not like the Heights needed a highrise for its transformation...

• Like 3

I agree with the sentiment of retail following rooftops. I think EaDo is better suited for townhomes and midrises. Having a highrise, full of microunits, just doesn't make the most sense right now. I was once supportive of this project, but now I believe it's the wrong kind of development. I just don't see this going very well for them after the first go round.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2016 at 11:03 AM, Urbannizer said:

Latest retail brochure is up, ~15,000 sq ft 

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/25841F7F-870A-4B99-8CB5-ED6B064992CF.pdf

I am surprised and skeptical that the 1-, 2-, and 3-mile radius demographic household income does not vary much radius to radius to radius.  "Average"......   if the 1 mile radius picks up those 300 those wealthy folks at One Park place with say, $500k of annual income and picks up the several thousand folks somewhere in the east side with $30k incomes, what's the "average"..... gee, I wonder if they used the mean, median, or mode?

• Like 2

On 11/2/2016 at 11:09 PM, Sanjorade said:

Eado still doesn't have a real grocery store. What sense is there to put up a high rise??

Prob to attract a grocery store??? The people on the East End rely on small meat market places, which imo opinion are great! A big box gorcery store will prob kill those businesses. I mean with an increase in population and foot traffic, it will only be a matter of time before other things happen. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Prob to attract a grocery store??? The people on the East End reply on small meat market places, which imo opinion are great! A big box gorcery store will prob kill those businesses. I mean with an increase in population and foot traffic, it will only be a matter of time before other things happen. 

Did Midtown have any high rises before Randall's? I think EaDo would be better suited for midrises.

• Like 2