4 minutes ago, HNathoo said:

While it would’ve been nice to have a full glass facade, it really would’ve been a waste of money for the developer since that side of the building backs up to another lot. 

The west side of the building, however, faces the road and is also coated in stucco.  

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

The west side of the building, however, faces the road and is also coated in stucco.  

I’m pretty sure the 2 sides of this building that front the street are covered in glass and the two sides facing adjacent lots have some stucco. 

1 minute ago, Houston19514 said:

The west side of the building faces adjacent lots. You can see it in the picture you took.

Ah. Good call.  It was visible from across the street, but I can see the house in front of it.  I guess it'd be the north and east faces that would not border adjacent lots.  The east face appears to match the renderings.  There is quite a bit of stucco on the north face, however.  The scaffolding will have to come down to get a better look.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Honestly, not bad. They at least stuck with the renders for the facade that matters most. As more infill (hopefully more in the look like this) it will look better. It sucks to compromise in these instances, but it looks like they made compromises where its sensible. Lets hope the architects learned their lesson and do a better job the next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Some pics from the opening party tonight - there were a lot of people so I didn't get very many decent pics...they only had the 2 units on the 2nd floor open, and they weren't completely finished yet.

46318851805_942fb48171_z.jpgUntitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

46318852405_40ff554572_z.jpgUntitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

32291168457_1e6fdd7a41_z.jpgUntitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

33357576728_92f4a12d14_z.jpgUntitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

33357575448_53f44fed37_z.jpgUntitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

40268224123_9f3e7b7cc2_z.jpgUntitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

46318851475_9e727edb78_z.jpgUntitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

46318851335_5e64bb516e_z.jpgUntitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

46318852285_51116ece84_z.jpgUntitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

32291167097_a4c629598a_z.jpgUntitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

47181133202_b868f85ea5_z.jpgUntitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

32291167167_e70fb36de6_z.jpgUntitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

40268223693_475504c07e_z.jpgUntitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

46509776864_0f009b82f6_z.jpgUntitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

7 hours ago, Timoric said:

What is that thing to the right? I am redoing an outdoor living space this spring and want warmth that looks cool

You know when you quote someone you can delete the pictures in their post that are not necessary for your question or comment. 

• 4 months later...
11 hours ago, hindesky said:

https://www.oxberrygroup.com/projects

Just in case everyone can't remember what it was supposed to look like I came across this from the Oxberry Group's website.😢

It's close when compared to how most stuff get value engineered.  What details/features are you disappointed they didn't include on the finished building?

3 hours ago, BeerNut said:

It's close when compared to how most stuff get value engineered.  What details/features are you disappointed they didn't include on the finished building?

Wish it had all the glass shown in the pic Oxberry Group showed.

16 hours ago, hindesky said:

https://www.oxberrygroup.com/projects

Just in case everyone can't remember what it was supposed to look like I came across this from the Oxberry Group's website.😢

vDzJfgK.jpg

I have mixed feelings on this one.  It certainly could be worse (a la Arabella) but the final product is definitely value-engineered. . . and it shows.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple of photos taken last week. Definitely an overall disappointment when compared to the initial renderings, but still not terrible. At least not from the front. Really surprised they decided to skimp on the north facing, downtown-view side.

mondrian2.jpg

IMG_1363d.jpg

1 hour ago, db650 said:

Not bad at all. As for the other sides, this building finished at around only 55 percent sold. Simple economics.

Wow, I thought you couldn’t get construction financing without selling 50% prior to breaking ground. I don’t imagine ox berry will be doing anymore condos in the future. 

12 minutes ago, HNathoo said:

Wow, I thought you couldn’t get construction financing without selling 50% prior to breaking ground. I don’t imagine ox berry will be doing anymore condos in the future. 

Sorry I meant to type 65 percent sold. As for progress there are 5 units listed on HAR. Assuming these are the only ones left, it’s still only 75 percent sold. I’m not sure what sales were at groundbreaking but they likely were 50 percent. They seem to have struggled afterward but not sure why.

On 8/29/2019 at 9:07 PM, db650 said:

Not bad at all. As for the other sides, this building finished at around only 65 percent sold. Simple economics.

I suppose...but the building's best side, with the largest windows, is facing in the worst of all possible directions in terms of views.

• 1 month later...

Somehow now only 60 percent sold. Building to be finished in a few weeks. Interestingly, construction was delayed because the original floor heights came in short. " Construction was delayed before crews broke ground after Jamea and his brother, Sean Jamea, Oxberry’s other co-principal, realized the 10-foot ceilings critical for the desired aesthetic of the luxury condo project were a few inches short."

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/10/21/photos-luxe-condo-building-wraps-up-construction.html

• 2 months later...

Archived