Texas Tower: Office Skyscraper At 845 Texas Ave.

democide

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/10/2020 at 8:44 AM, Montrose1100 said:

What's the ceiling height of the garage? 

hopefully it will be appropriate height for the obvious commuting choice: lifted brodozer.

and I was going to say that there are 5 pieces of facade on already, and tabs on half of the garage ready for more facade to be installed. it will probably go on pretty quick.

Edited by samagon
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 2/14/2020 at 4:09 PM, Twinsanity02 said:

Quick question which is off topic.  Who owns the land the surface parking lot is on?  It seems like an ideal spot for a mixed use high rise.

Yeah that area has a ton of foot traffic especially at night. They could add five new bars on the ground floor and all of them would print money. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Nate99 said:

EA60328D-392D-4EE6-98C6-6FA8D14D794D.jpeg

This has to be one of the most imposing structures I've ever seen for a building. Most of the other buildings downtown don't have this kind of street presence. Most of them are setback from the street with small bases. This is something else.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Big E said:

This has to be one of the most imposing structures I've ever seen for a building. Most of the other buildings downtown don't have this kind of street presence. Most of them are setback from the street with small bases. This is something else.

Well, if you think about it, the parking garage for JP Morgan Chase Tower (or whatever it's called now) also takes up a whole block. It just doesn't have a skyscraper built on top of it. It has one across the street.

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 6.47.33 PM.jpg

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 5

On 2/18/2020 at 6:48 PM, MidCenturyMoldy said:

Well, if you think about it, the parking garage for JP Morgan Chase Tower (or whatever it's called now) also takes up a whole block. It just doesn't have a skyscraper built on top of it. It has one across the street.

Yeah, there are several parking structures and/or buildings combos that are just as imposing, probably more since this is wrapped in glass. Besides, if you check out the other angles it's not as bad as this corner.

• Like 1

While true of a lot of the 70s and 80s buildings, few of the buildings built either before or after that period are set back from the sidewalks --  609 Main, 801 Main, Bank of America Tower,  Marriott Marquis, Aris Market Square, Market Square Tower, Catalyst, Marlowe, Camden Downtown, SkyHouse Houston, SkyHouse Main, plus all of the mid-rise apartment buildings have no setbacks from the sidewalks.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-IvbkJOEILJzkVxs2SOj

^^^ good evening HAIF.  heck, maybe its just me, but here it is late saturday evening in our wonderful fair city of houston, tx.  i am just sitting here listening to some cool, soothing, latin jazz from PAT METHENY.  all the while, scrolling through these more than generous and gorgeous illustrations from our pal @ekdrm2d1  and here it is again, another shot of the now under construction... TEXAS TOWER.  it always makes me just stop and stare.  there is something just special about this particular downtown property, as well as all of the ambition surrounding it's construction.  BIG... BOLD... and all that is TEXAS.  it just makes me smile on the inside.  oh, and the smooth jazz that i'm currently playing... it ain't so bad either... 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, monarch said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-IvbkJOEILJzkVxs2SOj

^^^ good evening HAIF.  heck, maybe its just me, but here it is late saturday evening in our wonderful fair city of houston, tx.  i am just sitting here listening to some cool, soothing, latin jazz from PAT METHENY.  all the while, scrolling through these more than generous and gorgeous illustrations from our pal @ekdrm2d1  and here it is again, another shot of the now under construction... TEXAS TOWER.  it always makes me just stop and stare.  there is something just special about this particular downtown property, as well as all of the ambition surrounding it's construction.  BIG... BOLD... and all that is TEXAS.  it just makes me smile on the inside.  oh, and the smooth jazz that i'm currently playing... it ain't so bad either... 

It's good to have you back, monarch. gclass just wasn't quite the same.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, brijonmang said:

If it pleases you, m'lord.

JdpKLkB.jpg

I'm not worthy of such an honor haha. I definitely don't want that much power. Where you in the area at the time when I posted that request? This looks great. Someone should pass this onto the guys working on One Market Square and say...hey you know what would look even better, a crane on that site along with the others.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Luminare said:

I'm not worthy of such an honor haha. I definitely don't want that much power. Where you in the area at the time when I posted that request? This looks great. Someone should pass this onto the guys working on One Market Square and say...hey you know what would look even better, a crane on that site along with the others.

Lol no the photo had already been taken by the time you wrote that.  I stayed in town Saturday night and hit this up Sunday morning. Always open for recommendations on places to photograph!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, brijonmang said:

Lol no the photo had already been taken by the time you wrote that.  I stayed in town Saturday night and hit this up Sunday morning. Always open for recommendations on places to photograph!

I’d like to see: 

Allen Parkway once the cranes for Hanover Square are up 

North end of Uptown with Aspire Post Oak

Memorial City with the residential/office high-rise 

CityCentre with new Marathon Oil HQ & CityCentre Six 😊

• Like 9