Proposed Multifamily High-Rise At 1769 Franklin St.

swtsig

I spoke with Darren Sloniger in charge of development from Marquette. I pulled up their website and looked under development and his picture was there so I asked to speak with him. He was very nice and took the time to talk with me about this project. He

said that they were going to put this on hold and hoped to develop this at a later date.

I repeat this project is on hold so no amount of hoping or speculation will move this to a construct status until later notice.

From the horses mouth.

lm3jhj5.jpg

• Like 9

I spoke with Darren Sloniger in charge of development from Marquette. I pulled up their website and looked under development and his picture was there so I asked to speak with him. He was very nice and took the time to talk with me about this project. He

said that they were going to put this on hold and hoped to develop this at a later date.

I repeat this project is on hold so no amount of hoping or speculation will move this to a construct status until later notice.

From the horses mouth.

Darren is the one I got the chance to speak with about Marquettes developments while on the walking tour of the downtown developments back in May. He Was holding out hope for some foreign billionaire investor for this tower, but also said if they hadn't gotten the Catalyst tower out of the ground when they did it wouldn't of happened.

• Like 1

The fact that there are three separate but highly concentrated areas of residential and hotel development in downtown the number of empty blocks in these three neighborhoods are dwindling quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if developers aren't quietly

snatching these up now for the next round of development.

I don't have names for these three neighborhoods but Ill call one the Minute Maid Discovery Green neighborhood.

Another is the Market Square neighborhood and the last is the Main street Co Cathedral neighborhood.

Around Minute Maid there are only a few empty blocks left.Mostly just north and east of Minute Maid. If you walk around this area you will see going up the Fingers across from Minute Maid, The Catalyst, and the Alexan, and then you have under construction

the Hampton/ ,the Marriot, the Aloft, and The Le Meridien. You also already have the Westin, formerly the Ballpark Inn, the OPP, the Four Seasons and the Embassy Suites.

Thats a lot of people on the streets. Add to that the three stadiums and it should be rocking 24-7.

In Market Square there are really no empty blocks that aren't spoken for. You have the 40 story Market Square tower, the Hines

Ares, to go along with the Hogg, the Bayou Lofts, Herman Lofts and the Lyric hotel. Throw in the theater district and you'll have another bustling neighborhood of people on the sidewalks.

In the Main street co cathedral neighborhood you have Two Sky Houses, the block 334, the Holiday Inn, 2016 Main, the

Houston House and the two blocks under construction adjacent to the cathedral. This area will really need retail and there are a lot of older one and two story buildings in this area that could really thrive as retail centers for restaurants and shops.

These three neighborhoods are going to drive retail and more residential in these areas. It is going to be so vibrant and exciting to be in these urban spaces with actual people everywhere. I can't wait.

Then throw in Dallas street and the new retail project with all of the hotels in this area and that should be crazy.

Hurry up I'm running out of years!

• Like 7

I believe Camden owns the two blocks just south of the basketball goal in Root Park. The Marlowe east of green street and

remember that the convention center is going to expand south. Once Dallas street is finished retail will start developing to the east from Main to Toyota center.

I also failed to mention in the the Minute Maid neighborhood the Southwest Tower repurpose into residential. Its just to the

west of the Alexan mid rise that just broke ground south of the Catalyst, which is just west of the Fingers mid rise behemoth

across the street from Minute Maid. Thats connectivity. And the rail runs right through the heart of it.

It has nothing to do with assumptions. I just stated why I think it will. The numbers of residents in this area are going to help make it work. Then add say 125,000 people who work downtown five days a week. I'm sure some of them will want to take advantage of proximity to their offices to take care of a little shopping on their lunch breaks if the right retail is available. Maybe

pick something up before going home.

Have a drink in one of the bars and go to the House of Blues for a show.

Add hotel guests and convention center

attendees.

Dynamics are changing. Keep the faith. Its gonna happen.

• Like 3

youre assuming retail will come to greenstreet, nothing is confirmed

Heard a rumor that a new music venue is going in, and a "luxury" bowling alley too. There might even be a Piano bar, or a low tier fashion store there as well. A few restaurants have been confirmed as well. Who knows, maybe one day they'll put in a hotel too!

• Like 6

Heard a rumor that a new music venue is going in, and a "luxury" bowling alley too. There might even be a Piano bar, or a low tier fashion store there as well. A few restaurants have been confirmed as well. Who knows, maybe one day they'll put in a hotel too!

Oooohh!

You know what really anchor this development? A House Of Blues!

One can only dream!

• Like 3

I was thinking back to my visit to Tempe last Christmas. They had a cool dual piano bar where you put songs you wanted played in a cup and the waitress took them up, everyone sang along while drinking, Houston have any?

Can't tell if you're continuing the joke of what's "coming" to GreenStreet or not, but of course Houston has those.. There's even one in this development already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...