Guest Plastic

1 hour ago, cspwal said:

They've converted the lobby into the team store, so on game days those doors are closed.  On non-game days they are open

I believe that’s why the team store is being enlarged in CF …to reopen the Union Station lobby as an entry point (and to also use for other events not baseball related) 

• Thanks 3

13 hours ago, tigereye said:

I believe that’s why the team store is being enlarged in CF …to reopen the Union Station lobby as an entry point (and to also use for other events not baseball related) 

I've never even been inside of Union Station 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, steve1363 said:

You should take a tour of the stadium.  It’s worth the $10 or whatever they charge nowadays!

Yeah I've been thinking about that for a while I've been to tons of Astros games but I've never walked into Union Station 🤦🏽‍♂️

6 hours ago, mattyt36 said:

Strange placement for team store considering where the "Ballpark Village" will be (still not liking the silence on this one!), but I guess there weren't a lot of options. 

Agree, but there’s 100% chance there will be a store at the ballpark village as well. 

On 1/25/2023 at 6:17 PM, mattyt36 said:

I'm even more interested in the probability that the details on this get announced before Opening Day.

I don’t think so, otherwise FanFest would’ve been the perfect time to roll this out. 

But per the agreement with city council, they have to begin development within 4 years of May 2020.

Edited by tigereye

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2023 at 8:14 PM, cspwal said:

The Astros middle management arrives in cars parked north of Minute Maid, so is is really the gateway to the ballpark 

The players do also. I've often seen fans gathering by that entrance with their kids so they can get autographs from the players. Some players actually stop, especially if they see kids asking.

I hope they add some of the Astros colors to the sign, that white sign is sorely lacking character.

The area around the trees looks like some ground up rubber. Discovery Green uses something like this around the perimeter of their park between the sidewalk and the curb.

sjHa38O.jpg

zDXmIAf.jpg

KfoFRXP.jpg

xJ3Y3vS.jpg

l2BXOsg.jpg

• Like 2