Guest Plastic

10 hours ago, monarch said:

^^^ @hindesky by chance, did crane just happen to mention during the broadcast when they will be finally revealing the RENDERINGS/CONCEPTS of the new and prospective astros downtown development?  actually, as i duly recall, these RENDERINGS/CONCEPTS were supposed to be officially revealed last fall of 2023.  i wonder just what is the delay?  maybe, they were awaiting the new mayoral administration to get into place.  who knows?  however, i guess that we should all just pray that this prospective development doesn't end up like the long-awaited W HOTEL... you know, like waiting forever and ever... and ever... and ever...

Crane at first said he was waiting for “approval from the City here quickly” then he backtracked and said “not approval, but we’ve got to get the economics right.”  He said it will be a 4-star hotel with a ballpark village around it with about 60K SF with a lot of entertainment and it will connect directly to Minute Maid Park, the parking garage behind it, and the GRB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, steve1363 said:

Crane at first said he was waiting for “approval from the City here quickly” then he backtracked and said “not approval, but we’ve got to get the economics right.”  He said it will be a 4-star hotel with a ballpark village around it with about 60K SF with a lot of entertainment and it will connect directly to Minute Maid Park, the parking garage behind it, and the GRB.

^^^ yes, i duly recall this particular segment via crane last summer.  however, i'm inquiring about the next revealing of plans of this prospective development at this time.  one can only pray that we are all still alive, instead of somewhere RESTING IN PEACE (RIP)...

spacer.png

50 minutes ago, monarch said:

^^^ yes, i duly recall this particular segment via crane last summer.  however, i'm inquiring about the next revealing of plans of this prospective development at this time.  one can only pray that we are all still alive, instead of somewhere RESTING IN PEACE (RIP)...

spacer.png

He said that yesterday on the broadcast.  He didn't disclose when renderings would be out.   Sorry.

Edited by steve1363
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2023 at 4:05 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

I give Jim Crane the full benefit of the doubt. Something has to be coming to this space. 

This is more frustrating to me than the Houston Avenue improvements...why all the cones?20240310_145156.jpg.a882a84f984e1e4896c5f35a5c891047.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 3:54 PM, steve1363 said:

This is more frustrating to me than the Houston Avenue improvements...why all the cones?20240310_145156.jpg.a882a84f984e1e4896c5f35a5c891047.jpg

Drove by here today.  Area is now fenced in with some heavy machinery behind the fence.   Sure hope the Astros have nice plans for this space.   I saw a lot of dirt but no trees.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steve1363 said:

Drove by here today.  Area is now fenced in with some heavy machinery behind the fence.   Sure hope the Astros have nice plans for this space.   I saw a lot of dirt but no trees.

Interesting...  I'm sure there will be a detailed and accurate report in tomorrow's Chronicle:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...