Crime In Downtown

citykid09

LOL! I used to drink for free at ToC all the time, my buddy Allen Schlumbergegenhoffer, not actually his last name, nobody could really say his last name, and I won't tell you what his "nickname" was in order to protect the innocent, was part owner. But the amount of hip/hop being played just got to be too much, and Allen and his partner had a bad falling out, so alot of folks stopped going, and then it just snowballed downhill. It was good if you got tired of Spy and just wanted to roam across the street though.

Edited by TJones

I'm still baffled at the public intoxication charges for patrons of a club... I'm thinking the city, yet again wasted a bunch of taxpayers money to botch a job that they are just going to get sued over, and nothing will probably stick to the ones that truly are guilty. The club should definitely be in trouble for operating after hours though.

I'm still baffled at the public intoxication charges for patrons of a club... I'm thinking the city, yet again wasted a bunch of taxpayers money to botch a job that they are just going to get sued over, and nothing will probably stick to the ones that truly are guilty. The club should definitely be in trouble for operating after hours though.

The club was operating legally after hours, but there was enough illegal activities and complaints that seem to warrant a raid on the place. I'm going by the assumption ( I don't know what time the raid actually took place) that as a place that serves no booze after 2am, the patrons should have on their way to being sober by 3 or 3:30am. and if the majority of the patrons were REALLY drunk, then that means they were serving alcohol, which is a violation.

I don't know about the legality of the raid itself, but they had to have good council about it (looks meaningfully at Red).

Edited by ricco67

but could you really get a citition for public intoxication, if you were in the club? Regardless of whether or not the club was open legally/illegally. I mean, you could state that a cab was picking you up, and dropping you off at your house. Club isn't public, cab isn't public, your house isn't public, but I guess you would be outside for a minutes or so in transit...

I know if i was in club drunk, and it got raided and i was arrested for public intoxication... i'd be getting in touch with my lawyer. Of course i don't associate with drug dealin after hours types...

Saw it all go down on 11 last night..they teamed with the cops to go undercover on an early Saturday morning, and the rest is history.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stories/kho...ey.d61d903.html

And apparently, from watching it, a radio station plastered its sign in front of the place.

Love the part about the guy driving a stolen ambulance plowing into the police cars and non-stolen ambulance parked in front of the club. Priceless.

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know the story behind the guy who jumped to his death yesterday afternoon in Downtown Houston? He jumped from around the 6th floor of the Smith street parking garage onto the sidewalk along Brazos.

Edited by gto250us

Does anyone know the story behind the guy who jumped to his death yesterday afternoon in Downtown Houston? He jumped from around the 6th floor of the Smith street parking garage onto the sidewalk along Brazos.

Security from the Hines building where I work were summoned to 1100 Louisiana yesterday afternoon. He apparently jumped from the 5th or 6th floor of the parking garage where the BBQ place is. I heard he hit some people on the sidewalk, but have no confirmation of that. I also heard that people were quite shocked when exiting the building. Now, that I can believe!

Security from the Hines building where I work were summoned to 1100 Louisiana yesterday afternoon. He apparently jumped from the 5th or 6th floor of the parking garage where the BBQ place is. I heard he hit some people on the sidewalk, but have no confirmation of that. I also heard that people were quite shocked when exiting the building. Now, that I can believe!

Wow, I didn't hear anything on the news about this.. :huh:

I was parking at the 1100 garage around 10:30 a.m. yesterday, and saw a number of emergency vehicles (inc. an ambulance) with sirens lit stopped in front of 1100 Louisiana (on the Smith side - and right across Smith from the BBQ place, not down toward the Starbuck's entrance). I thought it might have something to do with the fire drill that 1100 Louisiana had at 11:00 a.m., but it could have been related to what the original poster mentioned if the timing is the same.

I was parking at the 1100 garage around 10:30 a.m. yesterday, and saw a number of emergency vehicles (inc. an ambulance) with sirens lit stopped in front of 1100 Louisiana (on the Smith side - and right across Smith from the BBQ place, not down toward the Starbuck's entrance). I thought it might have something to do with the fire drill that 1100 Louisiana had at 11:00 a.m., but it could have been related to what the original poster mentioned if the timing is the same.

I work in 1100 Louisiana - the earlier incident was for the fire drill (11 a.m.). I don't know the full story, but I believe the guy jumped after 3 p.m. or so, as there were a ton of emergency vehicles there around 4. I think he jumped on Brazos St., as the exit for the garage was closed for a while and they were actually making cars exit out the entrance

I work in 1100 Louisiana - the earlier incident was for the fire drill (11 a.m.). I don't know the full story, but I believe the guy jumped after 3 p.m. or so, as there were a ton of emergency vehicles there around 4. I think he jumped on Brazos St., as the exit for the garage was closed for a while and they were actually making cars exit out the entrance

Yeah, me too. I just heard from someone here what they heard about it, inc. the guy's alleged company and position. It would be irresponsible to repeat in detail in these circumstances but, based on what I heard, it was not on the Smith side of the garage, it was in the afternoon, and was not someone who worked for a company in 1100 Louisiana.

How sad.

Yeah, me too. I just heard from someone here what they heard about it, inc. the guy's alleged company and position. It would be irresponsible to repeat in detail in these circumstances but, based on what I heard, it was not on the Smith side of the garage, it was in the afternoon, and was not someone who worked for a company in 1100 Louisiana.

How sad.

I figured there would be some sort of news article on what happened, considering it affected a lot of people. But honestly, I'm glad there isn't... I read a few threads on some other Houston area message boards regarding the incident, and all I can say is that there are a lot of pricks out there. Thank God for the HAIF

Wow, I didn't hear anything on the news about this.. :huh:

You won't. Unless it's something spectacular (like that guy who climbed up and jumped off the Williams Tower screwing up the morning rush hour) or a celebrity, broadcasters don't do suicides. You might be surprised how many people kill themselves publicly each week that you never hear about. Many many more privately. Especially the elderly.

You won't. Unless it's something spectacular (like that guy who climbed up and jumped off the Williams Tower screwing up the morning rush hour) or a celebrity, broadcasters don't do suicides. You might be surprised how many people kill themselves publicly each week that you never hear about. Many many more privately. Especially the elderly.

Yep, I can recall two incidents of neighbors in one of my old apartment complexes, didn't really know them, that off'd themselves at seperate times. One by hanging in the closet, and the other slit her wrists while in the tub. Not a peep from any news media. -_-

Edited by TJones

its always disheartening to hear stories such as these.

reminded me of the addition to the golden gate bridge to try and save all the people that jump off to commit suicide every year.

ive never understood the public suicide. private makes a lot more sense but public...i dont know

I would just assume not hear these stories on here I can get all the gloom and doom on the news if I want it and I doubt anyone on here would have any extra to add to it unless they saw it and could add the gory details I would just assume not hear about as well

and people off themselves in public as a cry for attention of in a failed attempt to make others "experience their pain" as well....it is just extra selfishness on their part

A few people in my building (Heritage Plaza) saw him jump. One guy said he was pacing back & forth on the top level. Don't know much about the guy, nor do I want to. It was disturbing enough seeing the sheet covering the body. Glad my window doesn't face that side. Truthfully though, I wouldn't have watched anyway. I don't need to try to unsee that for the next few years. The one guy in our office that watched everything, and then went down to give a statement to police, is sorry he didn't look away. Said he wasn't aware of what was about to happen - just thought the guy was acting strangely. He's had trouble sleeping since the incident, which is understandable.

Edited by SecondTour

My dad used to work near the williams tower when that professional climber dude committed suicide. He was watching the dude go up the tower and thankfully he looked away when the guy jumped. He said that other people in his office building watched the guy jump and they then couldnt sleep for many days. If I saw someone doing that it would be hard to look away imo but then for the rest of your life you would have wished you would have looked away.

I have been very depressed many times but I just cant understand committing suicide. Being alive is better than being dead any day of the week.

• 3 months later...

Did anyone hear about a jumper yesterday. My neighbor told me that he jumped from the Wedge building. I assume it was from the parking garage. He also said that the guy tried to get into Chevron where his father works, but was denied because he was wielding a knife.

Did anyone hear about a jumper yesterday. My neighbor told me that he jumped from the Wedge building. I assume it was from the parking garage. He also said that the guy tried to get into Chevron where his father works, but was denied because he was wielding a knife.

That is so sad. I did not hear anything about it and I am in the KBR building. I will see if anybody else did.

Couldn't someone jump from that balcony that the restaurant at Wedge has? Maybe he jumped from there.

Is that restaurant still in business. I went there once years ago and it was pretty sad.

Yeah, he landed right next to my car as I was driving up Louisiana to work. He jumped from the parking garage. I stopped and got out in that parking lot next to the Wedge Tower Garage and started to go over to him, but a security guard was already there and had called 911. Wasn't much anyone could do for him. The police arrived about a minute later and traffic was being directed around him; I left as I didn't want to be in the way. Pretty disturbing to be cruising into work and seeing a body drop out of the sky.

Edited by ttutrav

Yeah, he landed right next to my car as I was driving up Louisiana to work. He jumped from the parking garage. I stopped and got out in that parking lot next to the Wedge Tower Garage and started to go over to him, but a security guard was already there and had called 911. Wasn't much anyone could do for him. The police arrived about a minute later and traffic was being directed around him; I left as I didn't want to be in the way. Pretty disturbing to be cruising into work and seeing a body drop out of the sky.

Sorry that you had to witness that ttu. Not a good way to start your day, is it ?