Market Square Tower: 40-Story High-Rise At 777 Preston St.

Urbannizer

The light color facade actually goes well with the parking garage. These are amazing pictures, but this building is even more impressive in person. Thanks for sharing guys!

They certainly did a good job of matching the parking garage. Not sure it was the best downtown building to emulate but, it's something.

• Like 1

The historic board trying to get it down but it seems auto direct found a loop hole..that probably going to make this a battle. .

I hate companys like auto direct...they know the area is trying to do something, but instead only give a damn about themselves

I used to work for the company for quite a while and I know the co-owners incredibly well. Dined with them just the other week. I don't actually think they know the area and simply saw an opportunity... and more likely, the marketing wing with Clearchannel saw an opportunity. They knew it would be a one time gig and it truly is perfect publicity since a lot of news outlets are covering it, whether it be negative or positive is up to the viewer. I keep hearing people say they hate this company after this story but I highly doubt anyone who says that has even tried buying a car there.

• Like 1

I actually kind of like it, as it gives a little bit of a modern feel to the big "Home of Easy Credit" ad on Clark's.  It's only visible there, and a lively downtown needs a little bit of tackiness for people to complain about.  Way better than just a giant blank wall of a parking garage.

• Like 2

If you go to the direct link to my pics above in super jumbo form, you can see that the floor that they are working now is different than the ones that they have put in below. I think they are close to topping this thing out.  

http://i.imgur.com/p29cNe1.jpg

Agreed. Looks like they are working on the tapered floors. I suspect this tower is as dominating as it's going to get now.

If you go to the direct link to my pics above in super jumbo form, you can see that the floor that they are working now is different than the ones that they have put in below. I think they are close to topping this thing out.  

http://i.imgur.com/p29cNe1.jpg

They just finished the last residential (penthouse) slab. They're building the forms for the massive outriggers that will straddle the pool on the amenity deck.

• Like 2