The Sovereign At Regent Square: Multifamily At 3233 W. Dallas St.

Urbannizer

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm sort of baffled that GID hasn't acted with more urgency on this project (as a whole i mean). houston is experiencing an economic and population boom unlike ever before yet they've sat and sat on this project with hardly any progress save for this apartment project. what's truly baffling is that this area is in the early stages of a development boom between 22 Waugh, Hines San Felipe office project and several other unannounced office and mixed-use developments in the immediate vicinity. being first to market typical helps a great deal and these guys are getting lapped by everyone.

i'm sort of baffled that GID hasn't acted with more urgency on this project (as a whole i mean). houston is experiencing an economic and population boom unlike ever before yet they've sat and sat on this project with hardly any progress save for this apartment project. what's truly baffling is that this area is in the early stages of a development boom between 22 Waugh, Hines San Felipe office project and several other unannounced office and mixed-use developments in the immediate vicinity. being first to market typical helps a great deal and these guys are getting lapped by everyone.

Financing? Impotence? Stupidity? Special circumstances? Reworking the plans to make the plan bigger?

It's a shame.

I think Regent Square will be the best urban development of all the ones going up in Houston. The reason I say this is because the development mixes in with what is already there, it doesn't have parking lots around it like BLVD place and many of the others. This will just be a part of the city that you can walk directly to from the street and not have to pass through a parking lot to get to it.

I think Regent Square will be the best urban development of all the ones going up in Houston. The reason I say this is because the development mixes in with what is already there, it doesn't have parking lots around it like BLVD place and many of the others. This will just be a part of the city that you can walk directly to from the street and not have to pass through a parking lot to get to it.

Perhaps, but we just passed 7 years since it was announced, and there is absolutely no timetable when it will get finished. I hope you are younger than me.

The director of design for GID will be speaking in Sugar Land in a couple of weeks. Someone should go and ask him what the deal is.

http://www.sugarlandtx.gov/index.aspx?NID=1190

They aren't in a hurry for phase 2 because they have a heavily populated apartment so they don't have to tear it down until absolutely necessary. They learned the hard way with the initial year downs years ago.

I emailed someone involved with phase II and they expect it to be open before end of 2015. Also, their news release last year said it would break ground end of 2013, so it seems they're just a bit behind schedule. Most likely they're just trying to finish with The Sovereign first, that's my thinking.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad something in regent square is finally happening 50 yrs after there announcement....on another keep the buildings coming in Midtown/Neartown/River Oaks we need to find a way to connect downtown skyline to the med ctr first and then Uptown and then to the Energy Corridor!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i asked on their facebook page when phase ii start and this was their response:

Thank you for your interest in The Sovereign at Regent Square. Please feel free to contact our Management team at 713-521-3233 and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

someone should call!

Great shot! Another good view is coming back over Memorial Drive on Waugh heading south from Washington Avenue. 

There's a nice cluster developing with AIG and its group of office buildings, the Condo with the crown and now the Sovereign.

Archived