Houston Potential Projects That Were Never Built

Subdude

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's one my firm rendered last year it's the second one down on the left, I can't attach pictures for some reason.

http://therenderspot.com/#/renderings/

Awesome work! What software do you use for your renderings? I mainly work in Sketchup and then use another program like Podium for the rendering.  However, I work for a landscape architecture firm so we don't have too much in terms of architecture but I do get some in! Those are the fun days.

Awesome work! What software do you use for your renderings? I mainly work in Sketchup and then use another program like Podium for the rendering.  However, I work for a landscape architecture firm so we don't have too much in terms of architecture but I do get some in! Those are the fun days.

Thank you, we use 3d Studio Max and Vray along with Photoshop to handle any post work that needs to be done.  As far as the landscaping goes we use 3d models instead of 2d cut outs, it helps create a more realistic setting when you have that rich magic hour lighting. 

What would it have been?

It was going to be an mixed use office/retail center, it was a 3 phase scheme with this being the initial phase.

Really? That almost looks too good to be for Houston.

It was going to be in the Woodlands off of Lake Woodlands Dr. which is why there's so many trees, unfortunately funding fell through.  It was different from everything around it and I think it would have made a nice addition to the area.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Bank of the Southwest Rendering:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0105/4092/products/BSW-Houston-1982PRINT_large.jpg

Cullen Center - 1977:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0105/4092/products/Cullen-Center-Houston-1977_large.jpg

Sterling Hotel - 40 Floors:

sterling-hotel-226x300.jpg

8656033361_7341ddf535_o.jpg

Franklin Tower 

http://www.sdcarchitects.com/

Click architecture, and you'll see Franklin Tower, which was planned to be 32 floors at 350ft,

Edited by Urbannizer

Wish the Sterling Hotel was gracing downtown right now. 

Also, the Westin/Doubletree was built. That's the hotel on Post Oak Blvd that was a Hilton for a long time...

The Double Tree on Post Oak was originally built as a Warwick in the mid 80's.

• Like 1

ULI Gerald D Hines Competition - 2012

1249589eeb0056a29b44e645b425a77a.jpg

e02e326dac5c103f56702e03056b0387.jpg

Convention Center Hotel - 25 floors

1eade3274fdc344d863dfad646acb7ed.jpeg

_______

Galveston

East Beach Resort and Spa - 38 floors

galvestonjq9.jpg

ebrendering3zq.jpg

Regatta

dddzr4.jpg

Island Grove

islandft4.jpg

Stella Mare Village

stellamare2um8.jpg

stellamare1ny6.jpg

Stewart Beach Boardwalk

galv_special%201%20u.jpg

galv_special%201%20v.jpg

galv_special%201%20j.jpg

Beach Central

gspecial_3.jpg

gspecial_3a.jpg

Original 25th Street Pier Proposal

gspecial_6.jpg

Harborside Marina & Yacht Club

gspecial_7.jpg

gspecial_7a.jpg

Seashore Condos

sskz5.jpg

Edited by Urbannizer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Corporate_Development_1.jpg

Prominently located on a 24 acre site, this multi-phased office complex was master planned to serve as a corporate headquarters and to provide Class-A office space for additional tenants.

Sustainably designed to achieve LEED-CS Gold certification, the development allows for the flexible build out of up to four buildings and three parking structures. The office buildings have been designed in an arc around a richly landscaped garden and water feature. The focal point of the development, this unique open space provides an intimate, verdant environment to be enjoyed by employees, tenants and visitors.

The initial phase of the development features a thirty-story, 720,000 gsf tower which is set back from the arc and on axis with the garden. The tower anchors the development and offers a distinctive landmark for the corporate headquarters. Subsequent buildings range in height from 9 to 14 stories and from 216,000 to 336,000 gsf in area.

Corporate_Development_2.jpg

Corporate_Development_3.jpg

Corporate_Development_4.jpg

Corporate_Development_5.jpg

http://www.pickardchilton.com/mobile/corporate_development_mp.html