Parc Binz I & II: Offices With Retail At Binz And Chenevert St.

ChannelTwoNews

4 minutes ago, X.R. said:

why would you get rid of the outdoor terrace when its basically the only saving grace for restaurants right now? I like the design otherwise!

the outdoor terrace removed was for the offices above. still an outdoor patio on 1st floor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to Parc Binz I & II: Offices with retail at Binz and Chenevert

As a regular customer of both the Barnaby's and Fadi's located in the original building, I really like how close the garage parking is to the street-front retail. At no point are you more than a short flight of stairs away from your destination, which makes it convenient to get in and out of quickly. I hope the new building retains this speedy in-out aspect. 

At lot of businesses in other parts of town which rely on garage parking (Rice Village comes to mind), getting in and out is not nearly so convenient. Often stairwells and elevators seem to be planned in relation to the garage, but not in relation to the businesses they ultimately serve. It also seems like there is little consideration in many buildings for keeping foot traffic separate from vehicle traffic in the spaces between garages and retail. 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, aachor said:

It also seems like there is little consideration in many buildings for keeping foot traffic separate from vehicle traffic in the spaces between garages and retail. 

This has been a complaint of mine at the H-E-B at S. Heights and Washington. The garage has no pedestrian walkway perpendicular to the parking aisles. Carts, full of water jugs and TP being hoarded for the next disaster, must be squeezed between vehicles.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Parc Binz I & II: Offices With Retail At Binz And Chenevert
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, X.R. said:

Wow. If this does get built and now we have more office space and retail, I don't think you can ignore how evenly split the land use in the museum district is. You have office space, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, museums, the park, the golf course, churches, apartments, condos, townhomes, free standing homes, meditation spaces, and the zoo all in a relatively walkable space. I'm not sure there's anything quite like it anywhere else in the H. 

And I love that the rooftop terrace made its comeback on this building.

My favorite part of town.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2021 at 1:15 PM, X.R. said:

Wow. If this does get built and now we have more office space and retail, I don't think you can ignore how evenly split the land use in the museum district is. You have office space, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, museums, the park, the golf course, churches, apartments, condos, townhomes, free standing homes, meditation spaces, and the zoo all in a relatively walkable space. I'm not sure there's anything quite like it anywhere else in the H. 

And I love that the rooftop terrace made its comeback on this building.

Or Texas for that matter

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...