Parc Binz I & II: Offices With Retail At Binz And Chenevert St.

ChannelTwoNews

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 10:27 AM, hindesky said:

Dak & Bop is returning to its original home in the Museum District. The restaurant will reopen at its original location in the Parc Binz building (1801 Binz St.) that local wine bar City Cellars HTX left at the end of July.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/dak-bop-korean-fried-chicken-museum-district-2023/

Several permits were filed yesterday from 1801 Binz St, Suite 120:

• One story occupancy permit
  • Certificate of occupancy permit

Details from the permit:

• Use: NC / restaurant /2,013 sq ft / 2006 IBC / 100% spk / #14019916
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

As mentioned above, Dak & Bop is returning to Park Binz I. The restaurant known for its Korean fried chicken is opening at 1801 Binz St, Ste 120. City Cellars previously occupied the space.

One story occupancy permit

P4g1nqZ.png

Certificate of occupancy permit

1ehcdtq.png

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Dak & Bop, the locally owned Korean Fried Chicken restaurant, announced it will be moving from its 18th Street location back to its original spot on Binz Street by the first week of January.

The last day of service for the 18th Street location will be the end of the month, according to the Dec. 28 social media post. The Timbergrove spot has been the only open Dak & Bop since 2020 when the Museum District restaurant closed in May 2020. The restaurant, which opened at 1801 Binz St. in 2014, has been known for serving crispy chicken wings as part of a menu influenced by Mexican, Asian and Korean cuisine. 

Dak & Bop owner Jason Cho also runs Karne, an upscale Korean steakhouse on White Oak Drive, and Tom N Toms, a coffee shop close to the Galleria."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/trending/article/dak-bop-moving-back-museum-district-18581552.php

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have insight regarding additional ground floor retail for Parc Binz II? The commercial development is located at 1802 Binz St. It's from developer Balcor Companies.

I know Cloud 10 Creamery announced it is occupying one of the units (1802 Binz St, Suite 120). The scoop shop previously operated at Parc Binz I at 1801 Binz St.  Is there any word on the other retail tenants?

In addition to its ice cream concept, I think Balcor Hospitality may have another concept in store for Parc Binz II.

Instagram recommended I follow a newly created account named Golden Biscuit Company The account has no followers and isn't following anyone. There also isn't any details in the bio section. After coming up empty with a Google search, I searched city and county records. A trade name for Golden Biscuit Company was filed recently by Balcor Hospitality. 

Golden Biscuit Company has a website, but nothing has been published. I'm assuming Golden Biscuit Company may open at 1802 Binz. I really don't know for certain. Based on the name, my guess is this could be some kind of a bakery, cafe, or breakfast/brunch concept.

If anyone has further knowledge about this, feel free to share.

http://goldenbiscuitcompany.com

https://www.instagram.com/goldenbiscuitcompany

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2

This is a nice looking building and I like the way it relates to the one across the street. Binz is developing quite a corridor from Montrose to Alameda of Museums, restaurants, medical offices and residential. It will be a much used pedestrian area with the rail running through it. Too bad the X went belly up. I hope someone like Hanover can take it off their hands if the original group can't secure new funding.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...