Multifamily Development At 3300 Montrose Blvd.

dbigtex56

10 minutes ago, toxtethogrady said:

The Disco Kroger

Plans for the former site of the “Disco Kroger” — once arguably the most famous grocery store in Houston — have been finalized.

Georgia-based developer Southeastern plans to turn the site of the former 24-hour Kroger — which for nearly 40 years was frequented mostly by late-night and early-morning shoppers leaving nearby Montrose neighborhood LGBTQ bars and clubs when they closed for the night — into a seven-story $68 million mid-rise apartment complex, with two parking garages...

@hindesky Was wondering since your photo was used in the article - did they reach out to you in advance for permission?

1 hour ago, ChannelTwoNews said:

@hindesky Was wondering since your photo was used in the article - did they reach out to you in advance for permission?

I can't speak to the Real Deal's entire coverage, but the Houston content is not original reporting. I noticed every article I've read regarding Houston was reported by Houston Business Journal. Real Deal does attribute Houston Business Journal and any other publication used, but still.

The Real Deal is akin to Secret and Narcity publications, but for real estate (Secret usually paraphrases dining-related articles from CultureMap, while Narcity and Secret reports on places other social media influencers post). There is very little research on their end. It's extremely lazy reporting on their part. More effort is put into the graphics for their published "articles." 🤷🏿‍♀️

https://therealdeal.com/texas 

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

8 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

I can't speak to the Real Deal's entire coverage, but the Houston content is not original reporting. I noticed every article I've read regarding Houston was reported by Houston Business Journal. Real Deal does attribute Houston Business Journal and any other publication used, but still.

The Real Deal is akin to Secret and Narcity publications, but for real estate. There is either zero reporting or very lazy reporting on their part. More effort is put into the graphics for their published "articles." 🤷🏿‍♀️

https://therealdeal.com/texas 

Not terribly surprising.

I thought it was interesting the piece had both an author & researcher and they still managed to flub the caption on the photo as the "current exterior" when of course nothing is there currently.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toxtethogrady said:

The Disco Kroger

into a seven-story $68 million mid-rise apartment complex, with two parking garages...

It would seem that the article's authors misread the state permit. The building is now 9 floors tall unless someone botched the permit. But it seems pretty explicit. 

image.png.3121c2a52a6f02a5d180dcd85864d2ff.png

The article feels a bit lazy. 

Edited by aachor

On 10/19/2022 at 3:42 PM, hindesky said:

The protester was out there once again, I walked over to her and showed her the rendering. She is under the spell of her religion and once again said her God is going to keep it from going forward.

I've heard about those "goddamn developers" countless times before, but have yet to ever witness any of them cast into the lake of fire.  Perhaps this time will finally be different.   

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to 7-Story Multifamily Development At 3300 Montrose Blvd.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • The title was changed to Multifamily Development At 3300 Montrose Blvd.