919 Milam: Office Building At 919 Milam St.

Subdude

5:00 traffic on Travis will get slower with all those outbound buses and commuters.

Ingress/egress on Travis is only for 30 parking spaces or so that are at street level -- the highest rent spaces. And it's on the left side of the street -- opposite of buses.

Ingress/egress on McKinney is for the rest of the almost 300 parking spaces -- and it's on the left side of the street, too.

All spaces are reserved. The top floor provides a fantastic view for a parking garage -- windows, locked-off balcony. So, the best spaces are at the top of the parking garage. And direct access to the building's elevators -- no need to transfer from garage to building. Garage has the very high-speed garage doors.

Opened April 2.

They've done a terrific job with the lobby and escalator to the tunnel. From the Tunnel it looks like the sun is shining in.

Vertigo, you are thinking of the cafeteria across the street on top of the ten ten garage. I think it was called Travis Place. That garage is owned by El Paso and they closed the food court and turned it into their trading floor. You are right that cafeteria/food court was great and the water features they had were very nice and peacful at lunch time.

Vertigo, you are thinking of the cafeteria across the street on top of the ten ten garage. I think it was called Travis Place. That garage is owned by El Paso and they closed the food court and turned it into their trading floor. You are right that cafeteria/food court was great and the water features they had were very nice and peacful at lunch time.

Thanks for correcting.

If only they could use that same concept and create a new one (cafeteria) in the same vicinity/new topic!. :P Above ground! :P

• 3 years later...
  • The title was changed to 919 Milam St. 24-Story Office Building In Downtown

Actually just walked through the tunnels here yesterday, a few are still surviving :) This place had a hard time holding tenants in the tunnels long before 2020 -- I always wondered if the rents were unreasonably high compared to other buildings. Its a really high traffic location (in the before times at least).

Edited by sapo2367

3 hours ago, Nate99 said:

Interesting. The lobby was redone not that long ago, pretty much all of the tunnel tenants were killed off by 2020, I think. 

The lobby here is truly awful. 90s threw up / movie theater vibe.

I look forward to the upgrade.

10 minutes ago, Avossos said:

The lobby here is truly awful. 90s threw up / movie theater vibe.

I look forward to the upgrade.

I always thought of it more of a live action Jetsons motif.  If we could only have gotten the Mole People to move through in costume, or at least the tenants' employees... :ph34r:

21 hours ago, Nate99 said:

Interesting. The lobby was redone not that long ago, pretty much all of the tunnel tenants were killed off by 2020, I think. 

They did this in the early 90's. It was dated then. So, imagine my shock and horror as I switched planes at one of the airports in Dallas and saw the exact same "decor" in the terminal. I think it was an American Airlines terminal at DFW.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 24-Story Office Building In Downtown - 919 Milam St.
  • The title was changed to 919 Milam: Office Building At 919 Milam St.
  • 6 months later...

I'm surprised nobody has posted about this before, but they've been doing a huge renovation of the tunnel level of this building to add a large amount of seating for the restaurants around it.  Sadly there is a lot of vacancy (unfortunately typical for downtown these days), but it will be really nice for the restaurants around it.  It's almost done and it's finally open to walk around now:

3aKH7cZ.jpg

• Like 2