Walmart Supercenter At 111 Yale St.

HeyHatch

Walmart at Yale & I-10: For or Against  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Q1: Regarding the proposed WalMart at Yale and I-10:

• I live within a 3 mile radius (as the crow flies) and am FOR this Walmart
    • I live within a 3 mile radius (as the crow flies) and am AGAINST this Walmart
    • I live outside a 3 mile radius (as the crow flies) and am FOR this Walmart
    • I live outside a 3 mile radius (as the crow flies) and am AGAINST this Walmart
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Q2: If/when this proposed WalMart is built at Yale & I-10

• I am FOR this WalMart and will shop at this WalMart
    • I am FOR this WalMart but will not shop at this WalMart
    • I am AGAINST this WalMart but will shop at this WalMart
    • I am AGAINST this WalMart and will not shop at this WalMart
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Q3: WalMart in general

• I am Pro-Walmart
    • I am Anti-Walmart
    • I don't care either way
    • Undecided

This poll is closed to new votes

Wow, we're down to nitpicking grammar, huh? I figured his use of the word "your", followed by his quoting MY statement, indicated he was talking to me. But let's let him answer. Not sure why you jumped in, Niche. I wasn't talking to you. Still waiting on Red's response.

And yes, I would LOVE to hear you back up YOUR statement with facts. When have I made non-credible statements about "my fight"? Please provide evidence. You're so good at brushing off others when they don't back up statements with facts. So let's see them. When have I not been credible? (that's directed at you, Niche).

And, for the record, I said "I would argue THE fight isn't over". Not my fight. I never mentioned my fight. So why are you? I was taking issue with Red's logic (again, why am I arguing this with you? Regardless...). He said he fought the historic ordinance for a year. Which I respect. He then said "his current activities", suggesting he was still actively involved in raising awareness, and working towards his goal, even though the ordinance passed. Some would argue the fight was over once it passed. But he is continuing his work. He's still fighting. Good for him.

My point, which some clearly misunderstood, was that although the initial fight to prevent Walmart from entering the neighborhood is over (presumably they've signed a lease by now), there could still be ways to delay/prevent/obstruct the opening. I don't know of any. That doesn't mean there aren't any. Some people are actively looking into it. My point is that any efforts right now, that could prevent/delay the opening would still be considered a 'fight'. Once the doors open, the fight would be over. But until then, I don't see how the battle is lost. Much like how Red is continuing to fight, even though the ordinance passed.

capisce?

Red made a conditional statement, which is preceded by the word if.

If your fight is crying about tree size, then he's probably right but that statement may not apply to you. If you plan to make the Wal-Mart explode (a la King of the Hill, Season 2, Episode 23), then perhaps the fight is not over -- but all bets regarding tree size would be off, that's for sure.

Of course, we don't know what your fight is. You have made no credible or recent statements regarding your fight or an intent to fight. It's entirely possible that Red made a statement that wasn't directed at you.

I figured his use of the word "your", followed by his quoting MY statement, indicated he was talking to me.

Jesse, why do walk into a debate and immediately think the debate is all about you? Look a couple of posts above mine to find the answer about tree caliper inches.

My brain works to fast to slow down and worry about grammar. I'm sure I could find unnecessary' places to use apos'trophes to qualify my Walmart shopping abilities. If being a grammar nazi is your "thing" that you're about thats fine, but they're (hater haters with bad grammar) still entitled to their opinions on if the walmart should go there.

some people just want to say something and dont care about grammar or spelling some people hate capitalizing words and some people hate punctuation while still others despise run on sentences with lots of mspelled wrds everywhre but me personally I dont care about any of those things as long as a walmart gets built and I can sit under the shade of beautiful brand new 2-3 caliper inch tree and bask in the glorious odors of taco cabana while I enjoy me some cheap queso

• Like 1

Looks like punctuation is also a problem for Walmart shoppers.

Ending sentences with prepositions is also something you will have to put up with.

Wait, ending sentences with prepositions is something up with which you will have to put.

Edited by samagon

Good luck with that... if they haven't learned it before they dropped out of school... then they will never learn it.

some people just want to say something and dont care about grammar or spelling some people hate capitalizing words and some people hate punctuation while still others despise run on sentences with lots of mspelled wrds everywhre but me personally I dont care about any of those things as long as a walmart gets built and I can sit under the shade of beautiful brand new 2-3 caliper inch tree and bask in the glorious odors of taco cabana while I enjoy me some cheap queso

So you live in Sugar Land?

here's the tree mitigation plan. it's on page 5 or 6. http://rudh.org/archives/341

The one tree on Yale closest to the bridge that was supposed to be saved was also bulldozed.

Oh, the tree that was going to get knocked down when you finally convince the City to replace the Bridge of Death? Sorry to hear that.

If it's any consolation, there is someone available to help with mitigation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTQfGd3G6dg

Granted, he is a shrubber, not an arborist, but beggars can't be choosers, you know.

I had to drive up to crosstimbers walmart yesterday to track down a battery operated fan (you wouldn't believe how hard these are to find). My only time available to drive that way was ~6PM. Yale St Walmart would have been so convenient. (for my annual walmart trip)

Edited by SilverJK