Walmart Supercenter At 111 Yale St.

HeyHatch

Walmart at Yale & I-10: For or Against  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Q1: Regarding the proposed WalMart at Yale and I-10:

• I live within a 3 mile radius (as the crow flies) and am FOR this Walmart
    • I live within a 3 mile radius (as the crow flies) and am AGAINST this Walmart
    • I live outside a 3 mile radius (as the crow flies) and am FOR this Walmart
    • I live outside a 3 mile radius (as the crow flies) and am AGAINST this Walmart
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Q2: If/when this proposed WalMart is built at Yale & I-10

• I am FOR this WalMart and will shop at this WalMart
    • I am FOR this WalMart but will not shop at this WalMart
    • I am AGAINST this WalMart but will shop at this WalMart
    • I am AGAINST this WalMart and will not shop at this WalMart
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Q3: WalMart in general

• I am Pro-Walmart
    • I am Anti-Walmart
    • I don't care either way
    • Undecided

This poll is closed to new votes

My brain works to fast to slow down and worry about grammar. I'm sure I could find unnecessary' places to use apos'trophes to qualify my Walmart shopping abilities. If being a grammar nazi is your "thing" that you're about thats fine, but they're (hater haters with bad grammar) still entitled to their opinions on if the walmart should go there.

some people just want to say something and dont care about grammar or spelling some people hate capitalizing words and some people hate punctuation while still others despise run on sentences with lots of mspelled wrds everywhre but me personally I dont care about any of those things as long as a walmart gets built and I can sit under the shade of beautiful brand new 2-3 caliper inch tree and bask in the glorious odors of taco cabana while I enjoy me some cheap queso

• Like 1

Looks like punctuation is also a problem for Walmart shoppers.

Ending sentences with prepositions is also something you will have to put up with.

Wait, ending sentences with prepositions is something up with which you will have to put.

Edited by samagon

Good luck with that... if they haven't learned it before they dropped out of school... then they will never learn it.

some people just want to say something and dont care about grammar or spelling some people hate capitalizing words and some people hate punctuation while still others despise run on sentences with lots of mspelled wrds everywhre but me personally I dont care about any of those things as long as a walmart gets built and I can sit under the shade of beautiful brand new 2-3 caliper inch tree and bask in the glorious odors of taco cabana while I enjoy me some cheap queso

So you live in Sugar Land?

here's the tree mitigation plan. it's on page 5 or 6. http://rudh.org/archives/341

The one tree on Yale closest to the bridge that was supposed to be saved was also bulldozed.

Oh, the tree that was going to get knocked down when you finally convince the City to replace the Bridge of Death? Sorry to hear that.

If it's any consolation, there is someone available to help with mitigation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTQfGd3G6dg

Granted, he is a shrubber, not an arborist, but beggars can't be choosers, you know.

I had to drive up to crosstimbers walmart yesterday to track down a battery operated fan (you wouldn't believe how hard these are to find). My only time available to drive that way was ~6PM. Yale St Walmart would have been so convenient. (for my annual walmart trip)

Edited by SilverJK

not if I wanted to have it Friday night... last minute decision to go camping... but I'm glad that because I shopped at Walmart you just assume I'm too dumb to order something online instead of the more logical thought that I needed it quickly.

not if I wanted to have it Friday night... last minute decision to go camping... but I'm glad that because I shopped at Walmart you just assume I'm too dumb to order something online instead of the more logical thought that I needed it quickly.

Shipping costs for 30 minute delivery could be astronomical, unless you're ordering a pizza or Chinese. You probably made the wise decision.

• 3 weeks later...

Just FYI - The tree plan for the Walmart has been changed quite a bit. There will be no street trees except for four 1.5-inch trees at Yale and the feeder - probably crepe myrtles. No trees at all on Yale or Koehler. Fewer trees on the Heights esplanade. They are mitigating all the caliper inches removed except for 6 inches (the four crepes) within the parking lots (and not on the edge to shade the sidewalks).

And we're paying for this via the 380. We're paying to remove $200K to $300K worth of live oaks and replace them with Walmart parking lot trees.

Just FYI - The tree plan for the Walmart has been changed quite a bit. There will be no street trees except for four 1.5-inch trees at Yale and the feeder - probably crepe myrtles. No trees at all on Yale or Koehler. Fewer trees on the Heights esplanade. They are mitigating all the caliper inches removed except for 6 inches (the four crepes) within the parking lots (and not on the edge to shade the sidewalks).

And we're paying for this via the 380. We're paying to remove $200K to $300K worth of live oaks and replace them with Walmart parking lot trees.

This is why I don't go to walmart.