Houston19514

• 2 years later...

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/XTO-to-begin-move-from-Fort-Worth-to-Houston-12926462.php

XTO to begin move from Fort Worth to Houston

Jordan Blum, Houston Chronicle

May 18, 2018 Updated: May 21, 2018 8:41am

Exxon Mobil's shale subsidiary XTO Energy will begin moving its headquarters next week from Fort Worth to the Houston area.

The plan is to shift up to 1,200 jobs to Exxon Mobil's Spring campus as the Irving-based Big Oil giant consolidates more of its operations near Houston. The massive Spring campus opened in 2014, but wasn't completed until 2016. Up to 400 additional XTO positions will move to Spring in 2020.

Exxon Mobil bought XTO for more than $30 billion in 2010 to dramatically expand its onshore shale presence in the U.S. As XTO is integrated into Exxon Mobil more, XTO is closing its downtown Fort Worth headquarters.

The move is expected to occur from June 1 to July 1.

• Like 5

On 5/21/2018 at 0:02 PM, ChannelTwoNews said:

This is very welcome news, indeed !   Why they wanted to move and then stay in the dfw area I'll never know, except you know, probably tillerson.  But, as we have seen time and time again, the center of the energy industry and hot action is and remains Houston, PERIOD.  Exxon/Mobile, come-on-down !

• Like 5

• The title was changed to ExxonMobil Spring Campus
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, toxtethogrady said:

With Exxon Mobil coming to town, it's entirely possible Chevron could be next. Also, oil's almost $90 a barrel this morning, with forecasts of $100 a barrel being speculated about.

As someone who dabbles in investing, probably biggest missed opportunity was to long the price of oil. I wouldn't be surprised if other commodities also go up. Not a financial advisor. This is just my opinion from what I've been seeing. We should probably expect oil to go higher.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Luminare said:

As someone who dabbles in investing, probably biggest missed opportunity was to long the price of oil. I wouldn't be surprised if other commodities also go up. Not a financial advisor. This is just my opinion from what I've been seeing. We should probably expect oil to go higher.

I'm a small-time hobby trader and I bought some oil stocks early last May, focusing on companies with Permian Basin investments.

No. Regrets. B)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Luminare said:

depending on how things go with Russia and Ukraine, oil may go a lot higher, it will be beyond healthy levels high.

On 2/3/2022 at 8:51 AM, samagon said:

depending on how things go with Russia and Ukraine, oil may go a lot higher, it will be beyond healthy levels high.

Laid off Permian Basin roughneck walking into interviews "I hear y'all looking for a few good hands"

Kenny Powers Finger Guns GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6